Recruits List

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I've been fiddling around with the editor for a week or so now and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

But I'm still a bit baffled, how do you set what recruits can be given over at a bunker?

Recruits are added to the pool after certain missions. If you want to change when they are available, look for campaign.txt in one of your Fallout Tactics subfolders (it's in tables or locale I think... x_X). Open it up in Wordpad or some text editor, and look for the recruits list, and change as you see fit.

Make sure to make a backup copy of this file...or just rename the edited version something other than campaign.txt when you save the changes.

After you've done that, go to the Campaign Editor and select Import Data under Tools (again, I think...bear with me, I just got out of bed and FT is installed on our other computer). It will ask you to locate your campaign.txt, so just find the one you modified and hit that Ok button. :)

Of course, it's a good idea to make a backup copy of the bos.cam file too...even if you are doing the whole -path MyPath stuff.

Anyway, here's the catch! Even though you can set all of your recruits to be in the recruit pool as soon as you finish the first mission, you can't recruit anyone of a higher rank than your main character. Sooo, if you're a Senior Initiate, you can't recruit those wonderful Junior Paladin rank recruits until you yourself are a Junior Paladin.

Of course, you can also change a recruit's rank with the Entity Editor, so you could just make all the recruits Initiates and have total access at the beginning of the game.

Anyway, hope this helps, as convoluted as it is. x_X But anyway, time for me to go contine my feeble attempts to have the game start in the first bunker instead of Brahmin Wood...

[font size=1" color="#FF0000]LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-01 AT 01:16AM (GMT)[p]Ah! This is exactly what I needed. They didn't cover this real well in the readme. Now I can continue to import my UFO Defense squadies into Fallout!

But what file do I save it under as I am doing the import? Do I save it as the 'BOS.cam' file and when I import I just say 'import recruits'?

Thanks again!

As far as I know, you can name the modified bos.cam file anything you want, but I haven't tested that too extensively. Although, I think if it is saved as anything other than bos.cam, you'll have to load Custom Campaign in the FT Single player menu.

I think you can edit the campaign.txt file as it is, 'cause the backup is already in some of the *.bos files, ain't it? Or, copy the original campaign.txt to something else (thiswasnamedCAMPAIGN.TXT for example), and edit
the orignal.
- Dark Raven

Back