Saving or deleting game

Shoggot

First time out of the vault
I seem to have a rather strange problem.

Whenever I try to save the game, it simply wont happen. Game says "Saving..." but when I open the load/save game option in menu, it isn't simply there. Same goes for quicksave.

If I try to delete some old savegame (I have 42/1000 slot saves), it disappears, I click back, click on save game again...and there it is again! It didn't delete! I have enough slot saves left and enough space on HDD, so I don't know what could be the problem. I use 4GB patch, Nevada mod and others but so far never encountered any problem.

I tried to also to look up settings of my Documents folder if something isn't preventing the game to write save games there, but everything seems to be in order.

Help, please.

I am not really sure how to fix that problem since I never had it happen to me or anyone I know.
I can at least offer some advice, disable Steam Cloud service for Fallout New Vegas, run the game as admin and make sure your protection software (antivirus, firewall, UAC, etc) are not preventing your game from creating/editing new files.

You can also try the mod called: CASM with MCM
That mod allows a few save options not available in the base game, not sure if it will help, but it can't hurt to try it.

Figured it out. For some reason my antivirus blocked NewVegas.exe from writing to hard drive. When I put it in exceptions, everything is fine.

Back