Should I buy Wasteland 2?

Mishmash

First time out of the vault
So,I didn't played the first Wastleand,I like fallout seires,but i' don't know what to think about W2. i like the setting,but graphic sucks,also i heard the writing is not that great.
Problably if gampelay is similar to x com EW i could easily like it.
So,how W2 is? is writing not as bad as fallout 4?

As "additional writing" writer on WL2, I don't think the writing's bad

>_> <_<

(it does have its own unique tone and flair though)

The writing wasn't really bad, but I think in ways the story felt like a rehash of the original. I look forward to Wasteland 3 to see things shaken up a bit with the game taking on more of it's own identity, separating it more from Fallout. Hopefully now people can know what to expect more and manage their expectations.

Writing isn't bad at all, but if you're the kind of person who says "the graphics suck", then I doubt you will enjoy any of the nuance put into the game.

Wasteland 2 is Fluff 80/100
Crunch 90/100

I'm a SRPG elitist and the combat and customization is very satisfying, best strategy game in the past ten years along with the X-com reboot.

Writing isn't bad at all, but if you're the kind of person who says "the graphics suck", then I doubt you will enjoy any of the nuance put into the game.

Wasteland 2 is Fluff 80/100
Crunch 90/100

I'm a SRPG elitist and the combat and customization is very satisfying, best strategy game in the past ten years along with the X-com reboot.
c'mon man,just beacause i find immersive a good graphic in game means that i'm a tasteless idiot who only play cod? I mean,if i'm playing F2 i know that graphic is what it is and i don't mind,but if i can have a good gameplay,good plot AND good grphics,well,that's the perfect mix.
Anywaysdo the gameplay feels like this?

that's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
on psn it cost 43$,guess I'm gonna buy it if there will be no sale. hope it worth its cost.

jeez,I just went on the hompage,checked out underrail trailer and comments are throwing shit on W2. Too many doubts

The concensus on the codex, who'se opinion I respect, says Underrail is better than Wasteland 2. It's got more depth in it's system apparently.

I didn't think Wasteland 2 is bad though, and it's got a lot going for it. Decent writing, good choices and consequences, cool combat, and you can make your own party. I think in Underrail you control but one character. Which for me is a point in Wasteland 2's favor.

The concensus on the codex, who'se opinion I respect, says Underrail is better than Wasteland 2. It's got more depth in it's system apparently.
whats or who is the concensus on the codex?
sooo,is 43 dollars a good price for the director's cut?

Wasteland 2 was made on a Kickstarter budget of about 3 million dollars IIRC, which is minuscule. Wasteland 2 is unpolished, reuses character portraits and assets, and some minor traveling locations look exactly the same. Sometimes traveling the map takes so long you can go make a cup of tea. And there are bugs - big ones - as well.

And yet I've played it for over 120 hours and am still only on my 2nd playthrough. The writing is excellent. Pillars of Eternity probably managed a greater level of polish, but Wasteland 2 still managed to deliver for me.

It is one of the best games I have played of recent years, and is worth every penny even with all these issues. And honestly, you should buy it just to send big publishers a message that we demand RPGs of this depth.

Is it worth a buy? YES. Still not sure? Steam Christmas Sale is coming up, and then it's a steal.

Wasteland 2 was made on a Kickstarter budget of about 3 million dollars IIRC, which is minuscule. Wasteland 2 is unpolished, reuses character portraits and assets, and some minor traveling locations look exactly the same. Sometimes traveling the map takes so long you can go make a cup of tea. And there are bugs - big ones - as well.

And yet I've played it for over 120 hours and am still only on my 2nd playthrough. The writing is excellent. Pillars of Eternity probably managed a greater level of polish, but Wasteland 2 still managed to deliver for me.

It is one of the best games I have played of recent years, and is worth every penny even with all these issues. And honestly, you should buy it just to send big publishers a message that we demand RPGs of this depth.

Is it worth a buy? YES. Still not sure? Steam Christmas Sale is coming up, and then it's a steal.

ok,well,hope for the best. unfortunatly i cannot buy it on steam and play it on pc

ok,well,hope for the best. unfortunatly i cannot buy it on steam and play it on pc
Then I cannot really advise you because I don't know what the console version is like. The game was definitely made for PC/Keyboard/Mouse but maybe the console version is fine. I really don't know.

On PC, I enjoyed the game and still play it after 120 hours and all the aforementioned issues.

thank you everybody for your advices,the game is great.
i took some rad suits and now i'm gonna go to damonta!

thank you everybody for your advices,the game is great.
i took some rad suits and now i'm gonna go to damonta!
Nice! so.. I'm assuming you already passed Canyon of Titan?
Yeah, I'm a bit late on this thread but W2 kicked butt. No spoilers though. :D

I've been holding off on DC since I really missed the character export. :/
Not sure I wanna hop back on yet. I heard they fixed the memory leak.

Back