Some Fallout 5 rumours

Kacoveho

First time out of the vault
Fallout 5 is the next game coming to the Fallout series and I have read a lot about it online but I feel that a lot of the publications are just making up rumours in order to get views.

https://screenrant.com/fallout-5-insane-rumors/
https://www.thegamer.com/fallout-5-rumors-that-will-blow-you-away/
http://whatculture.com/gaming/fallout-5-9-huge-leaks-rumours-you-need-to-know
https://gamerproblems.net/fallout-5-release-date-news-trailer-rumours-story-everything-know-far/
https://www.christiantoday.com/arti...-to-release-game-sequel-until-2020/120366.htm

Do you guys think that Fallout 5 will be released in the near future or in the far far future haha

Well, rumours are a staple since Bethesda took over. Since they don't announce their games until they're basically done we'll probably wait a little while longer until Fallout 5 is even announced.
Personally I think Bethesda will first do TES 6. I suspect they might announce that one at E3 2018 in June and maybe work on Fallout 5 after that.
If we're really, really lucky they'll give another Fallout spin-off to another studio (hopefully Obsidian or InXile) in the meantime, but I doubt that will happen.
No point in caring about any of these rumours. Bethesda keeps very quiet about their stuff, and pretty much everything "leaked" will be a hoax made for clicks.
TES 6 could be released in late 2018, but I think 2019 is more likely.
Given their usual time between games I don't expect a Bethesda Fallout 5 to be released before 2021.
Most optimistic timeline:
TES 6 in Q4 2018, Fallout spinoff by different studio (Arkane, maybe? I doubt they'll give it to Obsidian or InXile despite being the most obvious choices. People like New Vegas way too much to shine a good light on Bethesda) in 2020, Fallout 5 by Bethesda in 2022.

Last edited:
It'll be released soonish. I think they'll change some business practices: no paid-mods, a lot more DLC, maybe even multiplayer. Microtransactions might exist, especially if some genius decides to emulate GTA:O.

I just want them to get better writers and keep checking their drafts and set it somewhere zany but new: Texas is a safe bet. They might do Chicago to shove in Enclave and BoS. The fact that the Enclave doesn't appear in 4 outright tells me they know they can leave a faction behind, though. Add in rogue Mexicans to compensate. Or even New York City itself: that'll be very safe and allows them to shove in whatever they want save the NCR, and even that might be there as a sort of NAR.

I just want skills, perks, dialogue trees and not wheels and modability in any case.

I just want skills, perks, dialogue trees and not wheels and modability in any case.
Judging by each new game that comes from Bethesda since TES Daggerfall. I doubt they will go back on their formula now. It would be much better with those, but I don't see them re-implementing them.

It'll be released soonish. I think they'll change some business practices: no paid-mods, a lot more DLC, maybe even multiplayer. Microtransactions might exist, especially if some genius decides to emulate GTA:O.
You think so? Why would they do that? Bethesda Softworks is working well with their different studios and releases enough games. Bethesda Game Studios can thus relax and release games in their own pace.
And they will try to bring in paid mods again. The backlash still wasn't big enough yet, and their next game will be hyped beyond all hope before release.
I doubt multiplayer. Bethesda just styled themselves as the heroes of singleplayer games, so I don't see them adding multiplayer suddenly.
There could be a Fallout MMO coming, though.
I just want them to get better writers and keep checking their drafts and set it somewhere zany but new: Texas is a safe bet. They might do Chicago to shove in Enclave and BoS. The fact that the Enclave doesn't appear in 4 outright tells me they know they can leave a faction behind, though. Add in rogue Mexicans to compensate. Or even New York City itself: that'll be very safe and allows them to shove in whatever they want save the NCR, and even that might be there as a sort of NAR.

You won't get better writers. You get Emil and a punch to the throat.
As for skills, perks, and dialogue trees: The dialogue tree might come back, but the mechanics will not be more complex than Fallout 4. Bethesda doesn't go back.

You think so? Why would they do that? Bethesda Softworks is working well with their different studios and releases enough games. Bethesda Game Studios can thus relax and release games in their own pace.
And they will try to bring in paid mods again. The backlash still wasn't big enough yet, and their next game will be hyped beyond all hope before release.
I doubt multiplayer. Bethesda just styled themselves as the heroes of singleplayer games, so I don't see them adding multiplayer suddenly.
There could be a Fallout MMO coming, though.

You won't get better writers. You get Emil and a punch to the throat.
As for skills, perks, and dialogue trees: The dialogue tree might come back, but the mechanics will not be more complex than Fallout 4. Bethesda doesn't go back.

Soonish being around 2020, Seeing how F3: 2008, FNV: 2010, F4: 2015. F4 hasn't become the 'Skyrim' of Fallout yet, but I think they'll try to make that with F5...which might, yes, include all the shitty practices of F4 and Syrim.

Unfortunately... it might sell like the Kopi Luwak variety.

Sure. They have their own audience now who will not hesitate a purchase if it's the "Todd Howard variety". :drummer:

It's kinda sad, though, that even now when all the bridges have been burned twice, there is still the occasional feel, the tiniest of hopes that maybe something'll flip next time around. Third time's the charm kind of thing I suppose. It's certain to be futile and there are no real hopes raised, but there it is anyway, that little itch, and I can't help it. :D

If true I am pretty sure that it won't be a Fallout sequel or spin off most of the fervent fans here want.

I don't really buy these rumors, we have had such stories in the past before and we know most of them are just lies made up by article writers to draw in people with an interest in Fallout.

It is almost a Pavlovian reflex, people hear the name "Fallout" and they immediately check out the article. Hell even I did despite that I know how shit the Fallout franchise has become.

It is not essential that Obsidian should work on a spin off or sequel, after all a lot of the people who worked on FNV have left the company since. But I can not think of any other studio or developer at the moment I can imagine being able to come up with a great campaign, lore, and gameplay.

Back