Something I thought would of been cool in Fallout New Vegas

SpyBox

First time out of the vault
In Fallout New Vegas,
Chief Hanlon said:
"Our heavy infantry, power armor units, they're back in NCR territory protecting the interests of Brahmin barons against small-time raiders"
I think that something super cool would of been if in the Ultra Luxe, Heck Gunderson was being guarded by a NCR solider wearing a "unique" set of T-51b power armor called NCR T-51b Power Armor and named "Gunderson Bodyguard". This bodyguard would be equipped with a riot shotgun and a combat knife. If you asked Heck about this, he would say something like "due to my influence, the ncr let me borrow this solider to protect me" or something. There would be no legitmate NCR power armored units in the entire game (other than the salvaged power armor) other than this one body guard for a brahmin baron. I think this would of been really cool, as it would show the influence of money and corruption in the NCR. I don't like it when people say "the only power armor the NCR has is the salvaged T-45d from the brotherhood war" when that isn't true. The NCR T-51 would have the NCR flag on one of the shoulders, like the brotherhood one, and be silver colored, like the brotherhood one. You could obtain the armor by killing the bodyguard, though it would be tough and Heck Gunderson would turn against you (but not the rest of the NCR) and it would give you the same attributes and defense of the normal T-51b armor except disguise you as NCR.

I sort of understand why they didn't do this, as to the average player it would certainly raise eyebrows. Sometimes how things come across in gameplay trump raw lore.Lore wise though it would make sense, and would be a good way of showing class disparity within NCR in a really (perhaps too?) obvious way.

Back