Submission format

Tagaziel

Panzerkatze
Orderite
Please use the following format for submission. When posting, be sure to add "Subm.:" at the beginning of the topic title.

{name of the game}, {release date}
{developer}
{platform}
{where is it available for purchase?}

{representative screenshot}

Describe: the setting, story etc. {500}

Describe: Why is it a classic? Combat system, ruleset, choices and consequences?{500}

Describe: What can annoy RPG fans? {500}

If the game's available for purchase online, via GOG.com or Steam, post a link to the site. If you don't know how to include a link, just paste the raw URL there.

Character suggestions are just that: suggestions. If you submit a 2500 character entry, we'll still accept it, but try to be brief and informative. Quality over quantity, NMA.

Last, all entries will be subject to editing for errors, clarity and factual accuracy. We want this to be awesome, people.

I was thinking, shouldn't we list the platform? On sub-humans entry I found myself looking at it from a newcomers point of view, wondering what system it might be on. Ideally we want the readers to be able to know as much about the game as possible by reading the summaries. I wasn't sure if we were just doing computer RPG's or consoles as well. I think it might be good to leave it open to all platforms, since restricting it would leave out some pretty badass games.

That would be best, I think. From the current format, I'd say either on a separate line between Dev and "Where", or the same line as Dev would be the optimal place to specify the title's platform.

e.g.

{developer}, {platform}

OR

{developer}
{platform}

I went ahead and changed it since it seems pretty important.

So how are these things going to be judged then?

(Also my submissions are way better than all a ya'll's)

Mjolnir said:
So how are these things going to be judged then?

(Also my submissions are way better than all a ya'll's)

I'm guessing an open vote once all the information is gathered? Might take a bit of time at this stage, though.

(You must've not seen mine yet, then, since it's clearly superior :P)

Yes, I believe an open vote would be prudent. And yes, I would be adding polls to one hundred submissions.

Tagaziel said:
Yes, I believe an open vote would be prudent. And yes, I would be adding polls to one hundred submissions.

tumblr_ld623ur3XM1qdn29m.gif

Tagaziel said:

BTW, I was thinking, perhaps the most fair way to vote would be to allow the people the choice of voting games up OR down? This'd even the list out a bit between the less-known and the more-known games.

Also, for Tagaziel's sake, it'd be easier to have everyone vote on the list in one thread.

Ok guys, feel free to add a couple of nice screenshots. Try to avoid using the same generic screenies that float around...if possible.

(I must say my review is better than the rest...) :wink:

I really don't know that a poll would be helpful to anything. Polls by their nature are nothing more than representations of "popularity contests", and we're trying to list "best" of something, not "most popular". For example, I wouldn't vote for Deux Ex, simply because I never played it, so I have no attachment to it nor desire to see it do well; but for all I'm aware of it IS an amazing RPG. All this work and effort would basically be thrown out the window if you left the ultimate decision up to polls...

SnapSlav said:
I really don't know that a poll would be helpful to anything. Polls by their nature are nothing more than representations of "popularity contests", and we're trying to list "best" of something, not "most popular". For example, I wouldn't vote for Deux Ex, simply because I never played it, so I have no attachment to it nor desire to see it do well; but for all I'm aware of it IS an amazing RPG. All this work and effort would basically be thrown out the window if you left the ultimate decision up to polls...

I suggest a small council to rule over the final decisions, sort of an "Elders of the NMA" who would speak for the people, and have the ability to correct such errors, if need be. They would have veto power to rule out absurdity, like if 50 people voted for, I don't know, F.A.T.A.L. for instance. Maybe people could be democratically elected to preside over the "Holy NMA RPG List of Ultimate Destiny"? The votes of course would be held in a virtual lockbox.

Mjolnir said:
I really had to explain Fallout? IT'S FALLOUT.

It doesn't matter what game it is. It should still meet the proper submission format instead of a two word post. Fallout deserves better than that bro. Try again if you like, this time with some effort. :wink:

For pete's sake, put a space in your thread name. I hate seeing

Subm.:Gamenamehere
Subm.: Gamenamehere

If screenshots are acceptable, what about youtube videos? I had the idea of either a short video of either samples of gameplay or sample the game's soundtrack.

I would understand completely if we nixed videos that just to keep each submission more objective, etc.

DevilTakeMe said:
If screenshots are acceptable, what about youtube videos? I had the idea of either a short video of either samples of gameplay or sample the game's soundtrack.

I would understand completely if we nixed videos that just to keep each submission more objective, etc.

That's fine to use. Others have mentioned it as well.

Back