Suicide missions

AskWazzup

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
I'm currently in Los Angeles and i have noticed that there are quite a few missions that are pretty ridicolous. I'm being sent to investigate/battle large groups (twce the size of mine) of enemies that have twice the hp count and superior weapons and armor. What exactly am i supposed to do against a bunch of Children of The Citadel, or God's Militia in close quaters combat with barely any cover?

Ok, am i supposed to get the scorpion at level 27~ party? He pretty much one shots most of my companions. Now i have 4 missions that i cannot complete:

1) Millitia of God at a Brothel (no cover and they just bum rush me with more hp, more bodies and better weapons)
2) The Children of The Citadel who are attacking some town by pretending to be the rangers (same as above, but with a bit of cover, which useless, as one dude throws grenades that deal 150 damage to everything around).
3) The Children of The Citadel ambush near a farm, where i was sent to kill a synth (no cover, attacking from all sides and same as above for everything else)
4) The Scorpion at a house (i can get him to half hp, but he tends to permakill someone, so at that point it's useless to go on).

I gave the 7 bags of cat liter to the ranger dude and attached 2 repeaters, but he is not giving me an improved radation suit, so i'm thinking that i probably have to complete these quests? If so, it's pretty much an impossible task with my current gear and level at hard.

Edit: Managed to complete the third one, i just dawned on me, thath those fuckers are frying my heavy armor with the pulse weapons, so i bought kevlar armor only for this fight. Now i can finally pick up my radiation suits.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I played it, but the game seems to be quite unforgiving on hard, right? I can't remember having real problems on my normal playthrough (but I also tried to avoid battles and go the diplomatic way if possible). Anyways, some inputs:

1) Did you try to use the entrance area of the brothel as choke point? There should be a wall (at least there was one in vanilla). Come out with one of your chars and set up a ambush with the rest of the crew. Now, try to lure a enemy towards you by firing at him. Use the behaviour of the AI to your advantage and concentrate the fire on the incoming enemies. Use grenades to take out groups.

2) Take out the grenade dude asap. Keep your people separated to minimize the damage by his explosives.

4) Do you have rocket launchers, grenades or explosives at hand? As the Scorpitron launches explosives, it's important to maintain your people separated and with good cover (the huts as example). Concentrate the fire on the CPU if possible and try to ignore the small scorpitrons.

Tried them, but no way at that point, i just went on to Hollywood... Where i cleaned out the salt lab underground, freed the slaves, killed the gangster at Schwag restorant, found a salt lab key at heidis (head of prostitutes) chambers and yet still the veronica prostitute needs evidence for slaves and heidi is completely oblivious to all of it :lol:. Not a very well thought out area to be honest and it seems like lockpicking and safecracking is a must have skill.

You don't have a character that specializes in Lockpicking and Safe Cracking? Jesus man, how do you not choke on air? Either you're going to want to restart the game or start pushing that LPing and SCing skills up FAST.

I finished the game already, on rangers difficulty with a crippled party. I can only say one thing - ghost perk! The most important perk in the whole game that you only really use in the last fight :)) .

I finished the game already, on rangers difficulty with a crippled party. I can only say one thing - ghost perk! The most important perk in the whole game that you only really use in the last fight :)) .
I kinda expected you to have finished by now.
Ghost is the perk where you can't be targeted for ambushes, right? Does it affect all party members? Because all my party members can take ambushes, we get shot at constantly and have a lot of medical supplies to back it up and I hardly ever have someone fall into permadeath. The only time I've had someone actually die(which I reloaded by save quickly) was when I tried to kill the Red Scorpions before the dog plague and the turrets oneshotted us all.

Back