Synths Smoke in Fallout 4

MazdaGamer

First time out of the vault
I just done that quest for the institute to retrieve bunker hill's escaped synths. Everyone is dead, the camp is empty and i cant search the workshop cuz they are not allied, but they were dead so i was supposed to take it. I searched the settlement and i found a synth seeker. Guess what? He was smoking :) i made this post to ask if its normal for synths to smoke? Cuz they are mechanical not like those human synths.

Imgur images https://imgur.com/a/RdyF7

They probably shouldn't smoke (and seeing as they don't really have lungs it's not like they could), especially not with an enclosed helmet on.
But since Synths are probably just a copy/paste race in the Fallout 4 files it's possible that even Gen 1 and 2 synths occasionally pick up a smoke because it's in the human behaviour files.
I liked how it was done in Fallout 2 Restoration Project, if you tried to smoke wearing (power) armor you'd get a text message that there's a warning sign inside your helmet not to smoke in there :D

It's a bug or an oversight, simple as that. Bethesda gonna bethes'd and half-ass the NPC races.

Valentine lights up a cigarette as literally his first act when you meet him face to face, and he carries two packs in his inventory.

But Valentine is cool like that, he needs to smoke.

Yes kids, smoking is, in fact, cool.

He's a robot though, he has no lungs. But, you know.

cay4NcG.png

Back