The .44 Pistol has a very curious and impossible flaw

CaptainGoose

First time out of the vault
Hello everyone!
I've been a silent observer of this site for years, finally decided to join up.

Anyways, many of the guns in Fallout 4 have some flaw design that everyone has covered at some point. But nobody noticed one of the biggest ones in the entire game, and one that for me personally is very curious.

Take a look:

This is the .44 Pistol. The flaw lies in the hammer, specifically the pin; or the lack there of.
The way revolvers work tends to be one of two ways:
Either the hammer contains a pin that hits the center of the rounds, which initiates the chain of events that launch the bullet.
Or, the hammer is flat, and the revolver has a pin in the receiver. The flat hammer hits the pin, which causes the pin to hit the cartridge, which in turn does the same thing as before. Here's an example of such case:
upload_2022-7-30_18-50-15.png

But neither is the case with the Fallout 4 revolver. It just has a gap. So it's impossible to shoot with it.

The .44 Pistol is based on the S&W Highway Patrolman, and that revolver has a pin in the hammer. Look:

upload_2022-7-30_18-51-31.png

You can tell by looking at this, the pin and the hammer are separate pieces. Indeed, the gap in the Fallout 4 revolver is the gap where the pin should be placed.

Isn't this a very specific mistake?
My theory is that they got the model from somewhere else, specifically a manufacturer. Why else would there be missing pieces, and slots for said pieces to be places?
Or maybe they wanted to be able to modify the pin in-game in the weapon workbench, but dropped the feature and left the model like this.

What's your take on this?

This is too gun-nutting for me.

Also, it's a pistol so who care?

Now if it's a shotgun, people would jump up and down about it from day one.

Back