The Fall: New Faction

Tannhauser

Venerable Relic of the Wastes
Orderite
Gamigo.de has an exclusive look at one of the factions from The Fall: Last Days of Gaia, the Yavapai Apache. The website is in German, but sahneknuffi was good enough to translate the article into English for us.<blockquote>The Yavapai Apache are a distrustful tribe. Following the great catastrophe of 2062 they returned to their roots. Their customs, rites and beliefs often draws them into conflict with other inhabitants of the wastelands. Therefore they decided to lead a nomadic life and just break up tents as soon as trouble was brewing up. Their totem built from wrecked car-parts is of great importance to them and is always brought along as they journey across the wastes.

A few years ago their tribe merged with the Dinè-tribe, in order to strenghten their community and make it less vulnerable to attacks. Since that time the tribe was spared from any more major attacks but continuously suffered the desecration of their burial grounds by an unknown party, which lead to numerous conflicts with the white people. </blockquote>
There is also an accompanying picture, with a few other screenshots.<blockquote><center></center></blockquote>

Link: The Fall feature at Gamigo.de.
Spotted at Duck and Cover.

It's more like:

The Yavapai Apache are a distrustful tribe. Following the great catastrophe of 2062 they returned to their roots. Their customs, rites and beliefs often draws them into conflict with other inhabitants of the wastelands. Therefore they decided to lead a nomadic life and just break up tents as soon as trouble was brewing up. Their totem built from wrecked car-parts is of great importance to them and is always brought along as they journey across the wastes.

A few years ago their tribe merged with the Dinè-tribe, in order to strenghten their community and make it less vulnerable to attacks. Since that time the tribe was spared from any more major attacks but continuously suffered the desecration of their burial grounds by an unknown party, which lead to numerous conflicts with the white people.

I should mention that even in the german original the text is written rather poorly, so that's not just me :).

Well, thanks quite a bit sahneknuffi, God know's it's a fair sight better than the computerized translation I had.

It may not be the most important news bit ever, but it's good to know that it's a job well done with your help.

Ok - I have never judged a game by it's graphics and I won't now, so you won't hear anything from me regarding the looks of the game.
What I want to mention - I somehow like the setting of The Fall. It is not your typical "and everybody nuked each other with the BIG BAD BOMBS". The storyline is somewhat intriguing and these indian-type settlements add a bit of originality.

Why are German game developers so horribly naive? Characters still look like pterodactyl feces.

@Kotario: You're welcome. :)

@ Baboonius:
I must concur, many pc-games made in germany suffer from rather ugly graphics when it comes to actual characters. But then again, there are also quite a few counter-examples.

"Sahneknuffi"?

Please tell me you are not male. That very thought would creep me out.

Kotario said:
Why? Does "Sahneknuffi" mean or imply something?

Please don't ask me to translate it. I have no idea how to translate "Knuffi". It's something you'd call a bunny or something cute and cuddly. Like "Cuddles" or "Fluffy".

Sahne is cream tho.

Lol.

You got that right. As a matter of fact I am male and somewhat above 2,10 meters tall. Therefore any name implying small- or cuddlyness makes sense when you come to think about it. ;)

The name originates from the time I played chaos/order at Ultima-Online. Everyone was running around sporting "uberleet"- titles, so I chose sahneknuffi as my title as a parody.

Five bucks says that you are dumped in the deseert by the bad guys, this tribe rescues you, nurses you back to health and you help secure their borders against the bad men, earning the tribe's undying admiration and uber-cool weapon.

/Mirth mode

Murdoch said:
Five panties says that you are raped in the dessert by the gay guys, this tentacle rescues you, anime-nurses you back to erection and you help secure their genitals against the gay men, earning the tentacle's undying admiration and uber-cool dildo.

/Hentai mode

what.

Back