Fallout 2 mod The free Unarmed 130% skill exploit. Stuck at step 5 (Answered)

The_Den_Resident

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Hello ladies and gents! I'm trying to get 130% free in the Unarmed skill as described in this guide.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199851159

I have 5 mods installed:
- RPU 25.0
- Inventory Filter 2.0.
- FO2 tweaks mod 12.8.
- RPU Talking Heads Addon 1.8.
- Sfall 4.3.3. ddraw.dll (only the .dll)

The Guide goes like this:

To do:
The numbers depend on your Strength and Agility!

• Raises to 55% if your Unarmed is 40% or above - Lucas / Arroyo near the big stone head.
  • + If your Melee Weapons skill is 35% or higher speak to Jordan / tent to the right from the stone head +10% to Melee Weapons,
  • +10% to Unarmed AND Melee Weapons - John Sullivan / Klamath golden gecko bar.
  • Level up Unarmed with your skill points to 84%, then go to Dragon in San Francisco - Chinatown (or Lo Pan if you have bad karma) and take 4-5 lessons ~101% (unequip APA if you already got it),
  • After that eat 2 Buffout (Save/Load if you don't want to get addicted) and wait 6:00 for debuffs ~88% (debuffs will end in 12 hours), take a few lessons from Dragon ~101% + 14%,
  • In Sierra Army Depot on the first floor there are 2 punching bags, use both +10%,
  • Go to New Reno boxing club and become a Prizefighter (+5% Unarmed AND +5% Damage Resistance).

Result ~130% Unarmed.

I'm on step five where I have to consume 2 Buffouts, wait 6 hours to lower my Unarmed to 88%. I've done exactly with 88% Unarmed from the drug debuff. When I speak to Dragon he says "It appears that you need no more training from me." does RPU fix this exploit? Note: before I took 2 Buffouts my unarmed was 104%.

I also did a test asking for training while under the effects of Buffout and HE STILL trained me. It seems the NPC isn't checking the skills affected by drugs. Instead he's checking the base stats before and after the effects of the drug.

Perhaps it is RPU fixing this exploit, I will consider this thread "answered" although if anyone would like to add anything there more than free to do so. :)

Back