The Last Days of Black Isle Studios

Hassknecht

For hate's sake.
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
USGamer has an interesting article in which Feargus Urquhart remembers the last days of Black Isle Studios back in 2003. It also has some bits from J.E. Sawyer as well.
But youth and ambition translated into energy. Practically everyone at Black Isle was a workaholic. "I remember people loved working on games. Maybe not every single person but overall the feeling was that people wanted to work hard," Sawyer says. "We never had required overtime but people were there all the time. Not that everyone was exactly like me, but we all really just wanted to make cool games, and we were in our 20s."
Here's the article:
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the...tudios?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
(Thanks @Buxbaum666 for the link)

Also, a nifty interview with Sawyer.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/hes...-on-nearly-20-years-spent-making-rpg-classics

Obsidian is definitely working on something with this latest media boost...just publicity for Pillars of Eternity 2 or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feargus said:
But youth and ambition translated into energy. Practically everyone at Black Isle was a workaholic. "I remember people loved working on games. Maybe not every single person but overall the feeling was that people wanted to work hard," Sawyer says. "We never had required overtime but people were there all the time. Not that everyone was exactly like me, but we all really just wanted to make cool games, and we were in our 20s."
Passion, motivation and drive are contagious. So is work ethic.

In BlackIsle's case, it goes even further, as they did something they loved and knew it was threatened if they didn't perform.

Probably nothing Alpha Protocol-related, as the trip is paid for by Paradox and last time I checked, Paradox had nothing to do with this IP.

Probably nothing Alpha Protocol-related, as the trip is paid for by Paradox and last time I checked, Paradox had nothing to do with this IP.
They don't have the rights to it. Sega does.

Which is what I wrote, except for not mentioning Sega.

Which is what I wrote, except for not mentioning Sega.
Which is why I mentioned Sega.

:hatersgonnahate:

Oh I get it. You think I was telling you for your benefit. I know you know that. It's for the noobs.

Back