The Legend of Roshambo Lives On! (TriangleCity's New Video Covering Rosh In FOTactics)

TheKingofVault14

Fallout Fan For Life!

Probably the only video on The Internet so far, to do an in depth look into the story behind this piece of history of the Fallout series, and NMA!

Also, is that the correct term to use to describe who Rosh was? "An Internet Troll?" I feel like that title goes to Grim. ;)

NOTE: Hey Moth just letting you know, YOU'RE IN THE VIDEO! He even quoted one of your posts describing what Rosh was like. Also, I made it into the video too! Even though it was briefly in a screenshot, same goes to you guys @TorontoReign & @Millim :-D

The shame is Roshambo complained about a decent game because he was so autistic he could not get past the Tactics part. Then he left us with a bad rep and now he is dead somewhere.

Damn, guess i'll never reach Roshambo's levels of raw hatred for anything not named Fallout 1 and 2 because even i don't mind Tactics. It does help that the game is treated as spinoff and it also doesn't have a number in its title to give the implication that it's a sequel.

The shame is Roshambo complained about a decent game because he was so autistic he could not get past the Tactics part. Then he left us with a bad rep and now he is dead somewhere.
Okay all jokes aside, is he really dead? If so how, where, & when? Also where did you guys hear about this?

He may not be actually dead. But the man almost completely disappeared from the internet around 2008... no one has been able to track him down (though to be fair, for obvious reasons not many people tried) and we have heard absolutely nothing about him despite the fact that he was supposedly a developer working in the game industry.

Also, how do you find these videos and everything else you come across? We should probably give you the official role of archivist haha.

Damn, guess i'll never reach Roshambo's levels of raw hatred for anything not named Fallout 1 and 2 because even i don't mind Tactics. It does help that the game is treated as spinoff and it also doesn't have a number in its title to give the implication that it's a sequel.

Fun fact: Roshambo disliked many parts of Fallout 2, and it was really Fallout 1 that he regarded as the "perfect game". He felt Fallout 2's tone was too ridiculous/silly compared to Fallout 1 which... to be absolutely fair... they added a LOT of crazy crap in Fallout 2. Mafioso gangsters (New Reno), stormtroopers (Enclave), tribals, so on and so forth.

Roshambo was the ORIGINAL purist before Fallout purists/elitists were even a real thing. He was vocal about nearly every Fallout game that wasn't the first one.

He may not be actually dead. But the man almost completely disappeared from the internet around 2008... no one has been able to track him down (though to be fair, for obvious reasons not many people tried) and we have heard absolutely nothing about him despite the fact that he was supposedly a developer working in the game industry.

Also, how do you find these videos and everything else you come across? We should probably give you the official role of archivist haha.

Fun fact: Roshambo disliked many parts of Fallout 2, and it was really Fallout 1 that he regarded as the "perfect game". He felt Fallout 2's tone was too ridiculous/silly compared to Fallout 1 which... to be absolutely fair... they added a LOT of crazy crap in Fallout 2. Mafioso gangsters (New Reno), stormtroopers (Enclave), tribals, so on and so forth.

Roshambo was the ORIGINAL purist before Fallout purists/elitists were even a real thing. He was vocal about nearly every Fallout game that wasn't the first one.

1. Hmmm are you sure 2008 was the last time people saw him? And if you're talking about on this website, then okay yeah that's true. But if you're referring to The Internet overall, I think 2009 was when The Internet saw the last of Roshambo! Because he did an interview with Duck and Cover around October 2009, check it! :cool:
http://www.duckandcover.cx/content.php?id=100">Interview

2. I've been following TriangleCity for quite awhile now, when he started his New Vegas Cut Content series, I've been a frequent viewer ever since! Now in regards to my findings of old websites and whatnot, well I pretty much look for old links to them, and then I'd start playing around with the Wayback Machine to see if I'm lucky that somebody archived the page. So yeah, I guess I am an archivist! :-D

3. Hmmm, so it seems that Roshambo was in that splinter group of people who loved FO1 but hated FO2. You know TV Tropes summed it up quite well I'd say!
Lumii_20221109_021032066.jpg

Lumii_20221109_021049988.jpg

Heh, it really shows how Rosh was ahead of his time! Being a Fallout Purist that is. ;)

Yeh I'm not sure on the exact dates because it was so long ago when I saw it all happen, but I know two things for sure:

1. Roshambo disappeared sometime POST Fallout 3 launch
2. When I say disappeared, I don't use the word lightly. There was not a single trace of him after he was gone, not even social media (although social media was still in it's infancy at the time). The fact that he disappeared was what sparked the rumors that he may be dead. But who knows, maybe he is still out there to this day, programming isometric RPG's with a dartboard of Todd Howard's face on the wall.

Rosh and I some fun here back in the old days, ripping on JES and MCA for some of their choices. Kinda miss those days.

Damn... 20 years ago.

Rosh and I some fun here back in the old days, ripping on JES and MCA for some of their choices. Kinda miss those days.

Damn... 20 years ago.
Heh, that was during the Van Buren era right?
And speaking of Roshambo, what's your favorite memory of him?

Heh, that was during the Van Buren era right?
And speaking of Roshambo, what's your favorite memory of him?

There's an old thread from 2006... just found it searching my own posts... "RPGCodex Does JE Sawyer" and Rosh and I went on a pretty good tear, ripping Feargus, Sawyer and Avellone. I remember Rosh and I getting pretty vicious a few times.

Fun times, those. I might have to re-read that thread tonight.

Damn, I really do miss those days and old friendships. Odin and Briosa and I are still friends on facebook but really just once a year birthday wishes kind of thing. I haven't heard from Rosh since he disappeared. Hell, even lost touch with Puuk aka Damien Foletto and he was a reference for me for a job as recently as 2017.

There's an old thread from 2006... just found it searching my own posts... "RPGCodex Does JE Sawyer" and Rosh and I went on a pretty good tear, ripping Feargus, Sawyer and Avellone. I remember Rosh and I getting pretty vicious a few times.

Damn, I really do miss those days and old friendships. Odin and Briosa and I are still friends on facebook but really just once a year birthday wishes kind of thing. I haven't heard from Rosh since he disappeared. Hell, even lost touch with Puuk aka Damien Foletto and he was a reference for me for a job as recently as 2017.
1. Read that post just now and whoa, Rosh and the rest of you showed no mercy for them. DANG! Even those three guys weren't spared from Roshambo's wrath, heh and you know this also proves that Bethesda wasn't the only one to be on the receiving end of NMA's critiques and overall backlash. So yeah take that NMA detractors for thinking that this website is just an Anti-Bethesda cesspool! :smug:

Thanks for sharing that thread btw. :-)

2. Also, I guess he really did disappeared from The Internet back in 2008/2009 huh? No one knows where he is and how he's doing right? Well I hope he's doing well wherever he is.

3. Oh and speaking of Briosa, he actually follows me on Instagram and has commented on some of my posts. Heh, he even mentioned how Miroslav is doing nowadays when I posted about Miroslav participating in the October 2000 Belgrade Revolution.

4. Wow, that's pretty cool you knew Damien Foletto and had connections with him. And yet another example of the Fan-Developer relationship that this website was known for back in the day, it sucks that isn't common nowadays. And sadly, not a lot of modern Fallout fans would understand and appreciate. :cry:

Holy shit, Briosafreak? How's he doing?

No one really cares or says much about Odin. I think since 50% of this site (as it stands now) came here AFTER his period as admin most people don't even know who he was.

1. Read that post just now and whoa, Rosh and the rest of you showed no mercy for them. DANG! Even those three guys weren't spared from Roshambo's wrath, heh and you know this also proves that Bethesda wasn't the only one to be on the receiving end of NMA's critiques and overall backlash. So yeah take that NMA detractors for thinking that this website is just an Anti-Bethesda cesspool! :smug:

Thanks for sharing that thread btw. :-)

2. Also, I guess he really did disappeared from The Internet back in 2008/2009 huh? No one knows where he is and how he's doing right? Well I hope he's doing well wherever he is.

3. Oh and speaking of Briosa, he actually follows me on Instagram and has commented on some of my posts. Heh, he even mentioned how Miroslav is doing nowadays when I posted about Miroslav participating in the October 2000 Belgrade Revolution.

4. Wow, that's pretty cool you knew Damien Foletto and had connections with him. And yet another example of the Fan-Developer relationship that this website was known for back in the day, it sucks that isn't common nowadays. And sadly, not a lot of modern Fallout fans would understand and appreciate. :cry:

Yeah, NMA was definitely always an "equal opportunity offender". BS was BS and called out as such no matter where it came from.

I was a wee bit more than a casual fan. I was a SuperMod on the IPLY/BIS boards and a shareholder. Even demaned and received a conference call with IPLY brass when they freaked out and tried close all non-gaming specific sub-forums.

Heh. Someone here even quoted me in their sig over that...

A poster named Visceris made a joke about assassinating Bush, some kid's mom complained. IPLY brass overreacted. I raised the point of... " Does this mean we can't discuss the end of FO2 where you go on the oil rig to take out the President" and the brass, I shit you not, said "That's how the game ends? Oh... we'll have to think about that."

But yeah, the BIS devs were great interacting with the fans. Miss those days a lot but Damien and Sandi aka "Krazikatt" their webmistress were the two staff I got close with.

Holy shit, Briosafreak? How's he doing?

No one really cares or says much about Odin. I think since 50% of this site (as it stands now) came here AFTER his period as admin most people don't even know who he was.

It's mostly once a year birthday wishes with Briosa. Haven't actually said a word with Odin in years. Funny he was such a huge part of NMA then and folks don't know who he was.

You gotta remember, Odin disappeared from the site quite awhile ago. People come and go, and a big majority of our members are folks who only came post Fallout 3 launch.

First generation NMAer's (03-07), we are a dying breed.

True dat, I'm definitely a Modern Fallout Fan who got into the series POST-Fallout 3's release. So I only know of Odin because of people mentioning him on here from time to time, Briosa on the other hand from what I've seen, he's doing pretty good! :-)

Yeah, a lot of people from the 2003-2007 era are sadly long gone. They were the REAL Glittering Gems of Hatred, I wonder what they're up to these days? At least the one's that I know of.

Back