The Obligatory "What are you listening to" Thread

Well, I'm currently listening to the last song on Primus - Sailing the seas of cheese. I think I'll put some Django Reinhardt up next.

Another thread on this topic? Well, I suppose it has been some time since the last one.

Shuntaro Okino - Skywriting

I couldn't see one in the vicinity, so I thought it wouldn't hurt.

Also, Edison Lighthouse - Love grows where my Rosemary goes

My own gasp at the upcoming spam fest.
LOL, good one Silencer.

As this thread might be a "spam beacon", then why dosen't somebody call 0-800-Roshambo to save the day? Come to think of it, it woldn't be a good idea, to anger him, so let's all avoid it shall we?

While not listening to anything right this moment, the last piece I heard was at the arrangement/composition class earlier today.

Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture, op. 49
(conducted by Herbert von Karajan)

This piece is the shit. The main tema is very famous; I'm wagering that the majority of you have heard it appear in some context, like a cartoon or a movie, but analyzing the notes of the full scale original version was awesome. You're sitting there, peacefully listening to the recording while reading through the notes, and suddenly you notice that for a part of surpreme awesomeness, the dude has put canons in there. Canons. From now on all my compositions will include a couple of old school canons, firing once each at brobdingnagian moments - I mean talk about spiff.

I hereby declare that to be the word of the day. Brobdingnagian.

Back