The Outer Worlds 2

maximaz

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Actually loled. Makes me want to play the first one despite the negativity

I had quite the opposite reaction.
Obsidian really should not have bothered with a trailer that told us absolutely nothing other than that Obsidian is making a sequel to The Outer Worlds (what a surprise. Did Obsidian/Microsoft really think we gamers did not expect that a sequel would be made after hyping this as a new franchise?)

If anything, this rather showed how full Obsidian is of itself, and thinking that Rick and Morty style humor is still relevant.

As for the trailer, my thoughts were "generic sci fi shooter on other planet" before we saw the mascot of The Outer Worlds and the title, though I suspected when I saw the person in the space suit that looked like the suit from OW1, going through the same animation of the character in the trailer of OW1.

I think Outer Worlds is a good game, but it wasn't remarkable. It's worth a play, but don't expect, you know, Fallout. lol

A trailer taking the piss out of other trailers is still just a trailer taking the piss. I don't like it, leave parodies for youtubers and shit.

A trailer taking the piss out of other trailers is still just a trailer taking the piss. I don't like it, leave parodies for youtubers and shit.

Yep, those were my thoughts as well.
"We have no shit to show, so lets try to be lulzy instead."

I viewed it as them taking the piss as much out of themselves as they are standard corporate trailers, which is the idea of Outer Worlds anyway. It's like the inverse of last time where they were trying to generate hype and then generated too much. I think they were trying a more self deprecating approach this time.

I think Outer Worlds is a good game, but it wasn't remarkable. It's worth a play, but don't expect, you know, Fallout. lol
I would if not for the fact the marketing loved to plaster all over how it was made by the creators of Fallout. The marketing wanted people to expect Fallout, and the devs most likely wanted that too to muster up hype, specially after how disastrous Fallout 76 was.

I viewed it as them taking the piss as much out of themselves as they are standard corporate trailers, which is the idea of Outer Worlds anyway. It's like the inverse of last time where they were trying to generate hype and then generated too much. I think they were trying a more self deprecating approach this time.

I would prefer they had focused on in game content instead, showing what they had learned from their mistakes in OW1.

I would if not for the fact the marketing loved to plaster all over how it was made by the creators of Fallout. The marketing wanted people to expect Fallout, and the devs most likely wanted that too to muster up hype, specially after how disastrous Fallout 76 was.
That's why I said that.
I would prefer they had focused on in game content instead, showing what they had learned from their mistakes in OW1.
That's fair. I'm just stating what their intentions likely were.

Yup, they're supposed to sell us on their product and they got nothing to sell us on is what the trailer told me. But hey, we're relatable cause bla bla bla:

I hope the time stamp works.

I had quite the opposite reaction.
Obsidian really should not have bothered with a trailer that told us absolutely nothing other than that Obsidian is making a sequel to The Outer Worlds (what a surprise. Did Obsidian/Microsoft really think we gamers did not expect that a sequel would be made after hyping this as a new franchise?)

I don't think it was up to Obsidian to show a trailer or not. Microsoft wanted an exciting announcement for this massive commercial for Game Pass that was their E3 conference. Obsidian decided to have fun with it.

I think you are bitter because you've played Outer Worlds and were disappointed? Maybe I would be too. I still haven't played it.

Game is ok, solid 6 to 7 out of 10. It's issues could be easily be addressed in a sequel, I look forward to it.

Trailer is whatever, kinda funny but it's mostly there to tell us the game is being made but also to tell us to not expect it anytime soon.

That's why I said that.
And the devs and marketing still want people to expect Fallout. So what's the point of playing if it doesn't deliver that? Maybe they shouldn't have made comparisons and constantly bring attention to it.

Back