The Tropes of Fallout 4

RangerBoo

Resident Schizo Poster
I thought that this would be a fun thread to make. There is a list of tropes that we, so far, know is going to be in Fallout 4. Please fell free to add any I missed or what trope you think will be in Fallout 4.

1. Protagonist has a military background

2. Protagonist wife/husband is dead

3. Protagonist is a fish out of water type character (Pre-war person in a post-war world.)

4. Protagonist is looking for their son

5. Protagonist is special in terms that they are treated as a savior/messiah

Last edited:
To add to number 2, having someone important to you killed while being forced to watch.

Having the protagonist's son kidnapped from them.

What about a random catastrophe/disaster happen out of no where(the intro with the nuke)? Sorry I don't know too many besides the obvious but it does seem they're trying to go for shock factor.

To add to number 2, having someone important to you killed while being forced to watch.

Having the protagonist's son kidnapped from them.

What about a random catastrophe/disaster happen out of no where(the intro with the nuke)? Sorry I don't know too many besides the obvious but it does seem they're trying to go for shock factor.

Oh damn it! How could I forget the "watching a random loved one die right in front of you" trope. That one is also a really over used one.

To be fair, you were quite the messiah in Fallout 2 too, I loved introducing myself as The Chosen One when helping old mrs Rooney with her rent :0

To be fair, you were quite the messiah in Fallout 2 too, I loved introducing myself as The Chosen One when helping old mrs Rooney with her rent :0

But Fallout 2 at lest had the excuse that it was more or less satire. In Beth's Fallouts they play that messiah trope straight.

But Fallout 2 at lest had the excuse that it was more or less satire. In Beth's Fallouts they play that messiah trope straight.

Oh yes, for sure, I kind of meant it like that too - help an old woman pay rent = a clear cut messiah :V

Oh yes, for sure, I kind of meant it like that too - help an old woman pay rent = a clear cut messiah :V

Yep. Fallout 2 handled it better, while Bethesda... they want to make another Jesus.

Mann of Steel is going to look like fucking Birdman after the hype for Fallout 4 dies down and people see it for the shameless pandering clusterfuck that it is.

Sorry but I am in a salty mood tonight.

Back