The Underrated Western Classic: GUN

The Outsider

Wandering Entity
Recently, I have completed the game in its entirety and all I can say; it's a wild, short, yet entertainingly badass game and I loved it.
It was created by Neversoft, known for developing Tony Hawk games until Proving Ground and also making Guitar Hero games starting with III to Warriors of Rock. In 2014, Neversoft emerged with Infinity Ward, the same year Neversoft went defunct. So rarely you'll find a game that's original from their lineup of games they developed for twenty years, that there's only two games that's original from the ground up. First, there's Apocalypse; a third person shooter which was exclusive to the PlayStation back in 1998 and also starred Bruce Willis, who voiced as the protagonist. Second yet finally, there's GUN.
GUN is a revisionist western-themed action adventure video game that was released in 2005 for PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows.(The PSP version was released a year later) The game is action-packed from beginning to end, filled with exciting gameplay, plenty of side-missions, tons of gold scattered around in sometimes secret places, and some of the meanest sons of bitches in the ol' Wild, Wild West.
The story revolves around not just betrayal and revenge, but greed as well. Now I'm not going into full detail on the story, so I'll leave that to you. You can get the game on Amazon for whatever system fits you fancy, or you can find the game at your nearby electronic store that contains old and new alike.
In Conclusion, GUN is a must-play for those who are a big fan of Western games, Action games, or both. You'll love this game just like Red Dead Redemption, but more action-packed, I guaranteed it. :ok:

Last edited:
It is one of the few modern games my wife has played too, so there is that I guess. It came out around the time the Capcom Red Dead did.

Did a 100% run a few years ago and i had forgot just how over the top the indians in that game were.. Good fun tho with the lack of RDR on PC.

I remember Gun fondly. It was the "go-to" western game before Red Dead. Well Red Dead Revolver was also around but Gun had more... recognition I guess.

Gotta say though the writers couldn't count for shit. Clay said Ned died 10 years ago and Cole says he was mauled by a couger "a dozen years back", even though the flashbacks to 1864 show that neither could be true.

Back