Thoughts on Vault 114 and Subway

Polynoid

Faceless creature in green pullover
While going through the "Unlikely Valentine" quest in Fallout 4, i picked up the conversation of the two Triggermen about the construction of the Vault.
Without delving too much in spoilers, i refer to a remark of one Triggerman, that subway is supposed to be a rather unpractical place for a Vault, as such a setup wouldn't be airtight at all.

He or Bethesda developers weren't probably aware that Moscow and St.Petersburg metroes seal of not only entrances but also the tunnels with hermetic doors, but the concept of buliding a Vault Subway Station wasn't something that picked my interest initially.

It were the flatbed cargo carriages with containers, also the car wrecks and makeshift draisines standing on the rails. (probably indicating that some subway tunnels collapsed post-War)
The Vault-Tec engineers used the subway rail system as available infrastructure to deliver heavy construction machinery to excavate the Vault faster. I think it was a rather clever idea of them -unless this concept was even predated by some strategic directives to build the subway tunnels to accomodate railway carriages. Like the post-construction study results of Soviet engineers of a railway carriage in Metro tunnel shows, someone else than me already had the similar idea.
carriage_tunnel.png
Long idea short - it would be pretty fast and convenient to shove a entire train full of strategical assets deep underground, before the War was about to start. I think there might be even some collapsed tunnels with military cargo on tracks underneath Boston - seeing the remains of hasty military logistics around the Wastes.

What do you think, would it be plausible for subways being used in similar fashion by US military or VaultTec in Fallout lore?

Back