Troika's PA RPG shots!!

Odin

Carbon Dated and Proud
Admin
Yup that's right we here at NMA have gotten ahold of a couple of screenshots of the post apocalyptic RPG that Troika have been working on, these shots are from the early development stages of a full 3d post nuclear RPG that Troika was beginning to shop around. Due to recent developments, its currently been put on hold...<blockquote><center> </center></blockquote>Man these look really snazzy! I also uploaded them to the server if our db goes under..
Link: Screenshot 1 (733KB) and Screenshot 2 (733KB)

Wow, that looks great. It looks a lot like the VB engine did towards the end. Hopefully Troika's runs with less overhead than ours did.

EDIT: Character shadows look better in that they were more well-integrated.

Holy smokes! I love the look! I think this looks better than VB did (sorry Josh, I'm just sayin'). I really hope Troika can get funding for it - I need a fix of old school CRPG action goodness.

Puuk said:
I think this looks better than VB did (sorry Josh, I'm just sayin').
No need to apologize to me; Fong and Whelpley wrote the renderer. Overall, I think it looks very, very similar. The main difference I see in this engine is that their character shadows don't clash with the environmental lighting (like ours did lolz).

Looks awesome. Do they have a good chance of getting this made?

Do we still have that concept art for this game lying around anywhere by any chance?

This look fantastic!!! Does anyone know why it is on hold currently? I hope it's just temporary while they are doing the final adjustments to Bloodlines. If anyone from Troika is reading this: Go on folks, you want it - and we want it! Just tell me how many copies of Bloodlines I have to buy to make this happen...

Great stuff.

Here's to hoping they get to work on a game with it at least after Bloodlines has been released.

wow looks awesome, though im wondering is that guy wielding a halberd :shock: ?

oh well, I just hope they finish Bloodlines succesfully, and then finish this one as well.

Well I hate to go against the crowd, but I'm not impressed. That said, I'm aware that these are shots of a test, so that's not very surprising. But today's games (Doom 3, and soon Half-Life 2), are much more visually advanced, and what I see in those screenshots isn't gonna cut it. I'm eager to see what becomes of it though, assuming the project gets unfrozen. Troika + post-apoc = much jubilation. I wonder why it got put on hold... perhaps to devote all resources to tying up Bloodlines?

Nice shadows.

The camera angle kind of reminds me of NWN. Crappy game, with good iso graphics...

Xax said:
Well I hate to go against the crowd, but I'm not impressed. That said, I'm aware that these are shots of a test, so that's not very surprising. But today's games (Doom 3, and soon Half-Life 2), are much more visually advanced, and what I see in those screenshots isn't gonna cut it.

It's not an FPS. You can't compare, duh. "Isn't gonna cut it?" even though it looks far superior to ANY other 3D RPG in existence? Get past your ignorance and realize that the graphics are mind-blowing.

Mr. Teatime said:
Looks good. My suspicion is that they were hoping on getting the FO license and making this game to FO3. I hope they persavere regardless.

I also remember some drawings way back, with a guy wearing that type of clothes and / or armor. Pretty similair.

Maybe some others remember that? Well I ain't saying this could be worse then a Fallout 3, the clothing looks kinda Dunish' too.

Played :D

Back