Underrail

Sideliner

First time out of the vault
Perhaps this thread is i created in the wrong place - in that case I'm sorry!

Anyone tried out the Steam Early Access game UnderRail? From description:

"Underrail is an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game that focuses on exploration and combat."

The reviews says it's a lot like F1, F2 and Jagged Alliance. Also seems like it's really polished for an EA-game.

Whaddayathink?

Last edited:
I'm waiting until it's finished. I hate Early Access because I like to play the finished product. Looks like a worthy Fallout successor with psionics.

I played alpha, it really looks good and complex. I hope they will add 800x600 mode.

I haven't played any recent builds, so my first-hand experience is pretty dated.

It has very complex and balanced character building, difficult turn-based combat and an interesting take on earning experience points. From what I've read the character building and combat, as well as the crafting that I didn't play around with too much, has only gotten significantly better in later builds. The setting is great, and stealth is a viable approach in most situations I encountered. Some people are not all that impressed with the writing, but for me the strengths of the game easily make up for any failings in that area.

Probably the game I look forward to playing the most of the ones in production/early access right now.

Have you heard of this crpg?
21 december is the release date, i'm currently playing the early access on steam. it's like the son of fallout and deus ex\system shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I backed it way back when, but haven't bothered with the alphas which were available.

No clue if it'll be any good. But if it is to compete with Age Of Decadence for best Indie RPG of the year, it'll need to be pretty damn good. :)

I got rid of the underscores and my post count and it was linked to my father's extremely old e-mail. :razz:
Since Christmas this year is for my wife and I, I will be using my bonus for both Underrail and Age of Decadence. Gotta do something til' the new Torment comes out.

And you will not regret it! Finished alpha about 6 month ago and this was 2nd indie game I wanted to paid for(1nd one was Fallout: Nevada).
BTW There are some characters guides available on youtube.

I backed it way back when, but haven't bothered with the alphas which were available.

No clue if it'll be any good. But if it is to compete with Age Of Decadence for best Indie RPG of the year, it'll need to be pretty damn good. :)
Everything I've read and watched about it has been very positive.

And it's going to be more massive with the final part, i'm talking about 80\100 hours of gameplay not to count the replay value.

Underrail released today

This game made me feel I was playing something very close to old Fallout. It is just $13 on Steam (which, regrettably, I cant pay). Go and get it now!

Started playing yesterday, I'm not convinced of it all yet. But then again, I haven't left SGS & the surrounding caves yet.

Going by the one of the dialogs in the starting area (I think a metal armored guard NPC mentioned it) that Protectorate faction has power suits and that some Melek guy is wearing it.
Alright. Now I'm interested. But for now I need that metal armor blueprint damnit!

Going by the one of the dialogs in the starting area (I think a metal armored guard NPC mentioned it) that Protectorate faction has power suits and that some Melek guy is wearing it.
Alright. Now I'm interested. But for now I need that metal armor blueprint damnit!

if i recall correctly Melek is the general of the protectorate. go pickpocket him :D

Back