Vault-Tec Map, Fallout TV Show

PaxVenire

Wasteland Peacemaker
vault-tec-map-1713177909862.jpeg

A fan of the Fallout TV show has overlayed a map of the United States over the Vault-Tec war room map listing all Vault locations. Are there any close to your home?

I will say, on the contrary, a lot of these Vaults are in the middle of nowhere rather than near just big cities. The map is still a bit scuffed, but they seem to be scattered enough. It's really funny seeing West Virginia as a boom spot for Vaults due to F76 throwing a million over there.

In this case, the nearby population probably should be the most significant factor for whether a vault exists or not, but yeah some games play a little fast and loose because dungeons are needed

Just one Vault in the entire state of Nevada, huh? Funny, could’ve sworn FNV had more than one…

Edit: Stupid me, thought the red marks were the vaults

edit again: wait, what are the red points then?

I believe they are major cities corresponding to the state with the most populous being labeled.
Oh, for a second I was going to say maybe it's where the various headquarters are located. Honestly without context it could mean anything.

Oh, for a second I was going to say maybe it's where the various headquarters are located. Honestly without context it could mean anything.

The red pins were added by the fan who made the map, not Amazon so it's definitely not lore HQs.

The red pins were added by the fan who made the map, not Amazon so it's definitely not lore HQs.
Alright. I always forget that while New Vegas is set primarily in Nevada, you can still walk into other surrounding States (correct me if I'm wrong). Nipton being the best example.
latest
latest

Yep, California, Arizona, and Utah.
Momentary dementia, I'd forgot that you can walk into Arizona, as it's such a small part of the game world and the only reasons for going there are either quest or end game related. I really wish we could have gotten a DLC set in Legion territory, if only to get a better feel for how the people there go about their day to day lives. Dale Barton is the only bit of info we get (I believe) sadly. I've always seen the Legion as more of a show of force against their enemies but as far as their citizens are concerned, as long as you were law abiding, you'd be left well enough alone.

Dale Barton is from New Mexico, but yeah Arizona was undercooked and would have had Legion territory. Someone is making a mod that fills this empty space thankfully.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/85915
Even more sad, as the one guy to give insight isn't even a native resident. Also, while I like the story for New Vegas, I never want to touch the game again. Too many bad experiences with modding and general game instability, even with all the fixes and whatnot.

It's really funny seeing West Virginia as a boom spot for Vaults due to F76 throwing a million over there.
Yeah makes sense that they'd want Vaults there for their game set there as Plan said already but also, I figured it kind of plays into the rumors of secret government bunkers existing in West Virginia. If you've ever gotten lost in the winding back roads of that state, you've probably come across a road that after a an eighth of a mile is station by military personnel and beyond it is a road leading into a tunnel in a mountain.
Mountainous, numerous areas of low population density, but all within a reasonable distance of Washington DC make the rumors all the more believable too. So there being a lot of Vaults there in Fallout made sense to me in a referential sort of way.

Yeah makes sense that they'd want Vaults there for their game set there as Plan said already but also, I figured it kind of plays into the rumors of secret government bunkers existing in West Virginia. If you've ever gotten lost in the winding back roads of that state, you've probably come across a road that after a an eighth of a mile is station by military personnel and beyond it is a road leading into a tunnel in a mountain.
Mountainous, numerous areas of low population density, but all within a reasonable distance of Washington DC make the rumors all the more believable too. So there being a lot of Vaults there in Fallout made sense to me in a referential sort of way.

I suppose that makes sense. I only find it funny because most of those Vaults are Destiny-style raid dungeons

Back