'Wackiness'

lolpop109

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
Modder
Just wanted to create a topic here discussing how much 'Wackiness' Is too much etc. Do you like Easter eggs in fallout what are some off the best what are some of the worse. Does too much wackiness take away from the game or add to it

Just wanted to create a topic here discussing how much 'Wackiness' Is too much etc. Do you like Easter eggs in fallout what are some off the best what are some of the worse. Does too much wackiness take away from the game or add to it

I liked what New Vegas did with the Wild Wasteland perk. If you wanted a more serious experience you wouldn't pick the perk.

Easter Eggs tend to be ok because you're not meant to take them as canonical events, such as the Tardis in Fallout 1 or getting Dogmeat in the Maltese Falcon in Fallout 2.

That said, if it was too out of place then I might take issue with it. But like @Walpknut said it's case by case.

But don't you feel like not taking the wacky wasteland perk cut little much from the game e.g The missed out on the holy handgrandes and where left with a quite boring basement ?

Are aliens wacky or just dumb ?

But don't you feel like not taking the wacky wasteland perk cut little much from the game e.g The missed out on the holy handgrandes and where left with a quite boring basement ?

I'd say it's a good balance between more or less serious Fallout game and WL-tier schlock humor. Not every person wants holy hand grenades in Fallout. Aliens are dumb thing that went out of control, see Mothership Zeta terminals and holotapes.

I'd say it's a good balance between more or less serious Fallout game and WL-tier schlock humor. Not every person wants holy hand grenades in Fallout. Aliens are dumb thing that went out of control.

No but they do come in handy ;)

Reminds me of Fallout 3 and 4's Alien Blaster. 3 was ok because it was just a brief moment of a UFO flying over head and then the blaster dropped down. In 4 they went too far by having the ship crash and you following the blood stains to a dead alien, which to me makes it an actual event.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong thing.

EDIT again: No it didn't cut much. Don't care about the grenades, but I'd have laughed if the "Romanes Eunt Domus" was there even without the perk.

Also Whacky Wasteland locks off the YCS in place of the silly Fallout 3 Alien Pistol. It's OP, don't get me wrong, but A) Hate aliens being canon and that model just as much B) YCS is an orange tint Gauss Rifle. Spends 4 MFC. Awesome.

Now how the hell 'subdued' crazyness could work if the problem lies in the very word's definition? The only way to subdue it is to kill it with fire.

More subdued would be like leaning on the fouth wall. Like in NV one of Cass's lines when you talk to her is "Woah, why are leaning in so close."

Breaking the fourth would be like in Fallout 2.

If talking to one of Orville Wright's sons while wearing advanced power armor, one of the random phrases will be, "You [the Chosen One] look like you belong in a battle mech computer game. This is Fallout 2. Maybe you opened the wrong folder on your hard drive."

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_cultural_references#Fourth_Wall

The only time I ever managed to appreciate wackiness in fallout is old world blues. Because there it makes sense in universe unlike ghosts, aliens, and whatever the fuck nuka world was supposed to be.

NV did it the best.

Want wackiness? Turn on the wacky trait.

Don't want it? Don't use it.

I honestly like it, it adds some humour to a world which has gone to shit.

I honestly like it, it adds some humour to a world which has gone to shit.
I'd love more ironic or dark humour fitting with the tone of Fallout, but "wackiness" was great in FNV just because you could turn it off.

Fallout 4 on the other hand just had this identity crisis where they tried to shove in sarcasm, toilet humour, a bit of dark, randomness XDDDD and slapstick.

Some mixed views so far I want to throw another question though ;

What do you think about crazy or slightly weird characters such as no bark ? Do you think characters like this are too 'Whacky' or add the game world ?

Back