Wasteland 1 30th Anniversary Edition remaster

Even if their previous games didn't quite hit the spot, this is really cool of Inxile.

I'll check it out when the time comes but I have never been much of a Wasteland fan.
Think it will be basically the original game but with better graphics or will they perhaps reimagine it to be more like Wasteland 2/3?

I'll check it out when the time comes but I have never been much of a Wasteland fan.
Think it will be basically the original game but with better graphics or will they perhaps reimagine it to be more like Wasteland 2/3?
This is what I read about it:
The signature item of this bundle is Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition, a remastering of the first game that will feature updated graphics (which maintain the spirit of the original pixel art), run natively in current operating systems and at all current resolutions, and offer other quality of life features. This work is being done by Krome Studios, the team currently behind a similar remastering of The Bard’s Tale Trilogy.

The Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition remaster is currently in pre-production, with an expected completion date of early 2019. Anyone who purchases the bundle prior to then will receive the game at no additional cost upon release.

This is the Steam page for the bundle.
Wasteland 30th Anniversary Bundle

I haven't found anything showing it will arrive on GOG. I want a copy of WL1 and 2 on GOG and this bundle would be something I'd be down to get it. I want all the novellas that come with on my GOG account because I'm trying to just move over most of my purchasing and my collection to there so I can back up everything onto a physical harddrive and never worry about DRM for the most part.

If i you still have storage. I have been much more nomad the last few years, which made me rely much more on digital copies.

behold the first look of it:

D84xpLAU0AYTFve.jpg

I'm not sure that I like the look of that plastic base that the character is standing on.

The base of that character just makes it look like a board game that got a video game adaptation.

I'm looking forward to playing this.

I find the Original very jarring to play.

Dude, what? No large pink rats?! 0/10 remaster.

Buildings look more like buildings though, which is kinda nice. I know it's all imagination and based on what you read but sometimes that area just looks more like a maze than a settlement.

https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/wasteland-remastered
Features:

• Wasteland Remastered retains the spirit of the original game while updating visuals and audio.

• The original game’s physical storybook is available in-game, fully illustrated and with full voice over.

• An expanded musical score from the "Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic" release.

• Old bugs that have been around since Reagan was president have been fixed.

• Survive the apocalypse from the comfort of your couch with game controller support.

• Quality of life improvements that make the post-apocalypse a little friendlier.

Back