"Wasteland 2: Director's Cut" Is it worth purchasing?

SomeRandomDave

"You're S.P.E.C.I.A.L.!"
Being a fan of the Fallout series, I'm wondering if Wasteland 2 is worth investing my time into. Some people say that the original Wasteland was an inspiration for Fallout, which is really cool. I'd just like to hear some suggestions, some pros and cons maybe. I watched one review of the game and the reviewer kept on saying the game was stuck 20 years in the past, being very slow and unforgiving.

Also, this is my first post here.

Hi. :smile:

It's worth it! Not as good as Fallout 1&2 of course but 1000 times better than Fallout 3 and other contemporary "rpg:s".

You play as a Desert Ranger so combat is a big part of the game. You control a squad of up to seven members and it's turned-based. The combat is alrigt.

The main story line is kind of generic but most of the locations you visit have good storys of their own. There are alot och choice and consequence on location level. The situation at each location in the game can be solved differently. And you can solve quests either by talking or by shooting.

Some of the companions are fun.

Overall, it's good but not great. It has it's moments though.

Here is a good review of Vanilla Wasteland 2, the Directors Cut have some additional features and improvments.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9686

It's worth it! Not as good as Fallout 1&2 of course but 1000 times better than Fallout 3 and other contemporary "rpg:s".

You play as a Desert Ranger so combat is a big part of the game. You control a squad of up to seven members and it's turned-based. The combat is alrigt.

The main story line is kind of generic but most of the locations you visit have good storys of their own. There are alot och choice and consequence on location level. The situation at each location in the game can be solved differently. And you can solve quests either by talking or by shooting.

Some of the companions are fun.

Overall, it's good but not great. It has it's moments though.

Here is a good review of Vanilla Wasteland 2, the Directors Cut have some additional features and improvments.
Thanks for your input, Proletären. I will definitely check out that review of the original Wasteland 2.

I got it, and enjoying every moment of it. Can't wait for some additional content. Very surprised how well it runs on PS4.

I watched one review of the game and the reviewer kept on saying the game was stuck 20 years in the past, being very slow and unforgiving.

Never listen to that reviewer again if you like RPG's. Wasteland 2 isn't perfect, but it damn sure isn't stuck in the past.

Back