Wasteland 2: Director's cut

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
New features in Wasteland 2 DC coming soon:

• New quirks (traits) & perks system
  • New precision strike system (aimed shots)
  • Complete art & lightning overhaul including use of Unity 5's new physically based rendering
  • Updated character models for all party members
  • New VO for all major speaking parts & cnpc:s

They are all great features but the one I'm most excited about is Scotchmo as a voiced character. I thought Scotchmo was hillarious and probably the best companion in WL2. Hearing him voiced will be a blast if done right.

Also the traits, perks and aimed shots as well as the coming modding tools have a great potential! I'm hoping to see someone try to recreate Van Buren as a mod for WL2. But there could be tons of cool mods for WL2.

What are your thoughts on the Director's Cut?

moleman.gif

Unfortunatley there will be no groin shots :(

I still think that aimed shots are unnecessary.

I hate that they added more voice over to NPCs, when in the Kickstarter people voted voice acting not to be a primary thing. Instead they should have focused more on side-characters like the night terror and give them more depth... Really think Wasteland 2 could have been a lot better with more of such details...

I still think that aimed shots are unnecessary.

I hate that they added more voice over to NPCs, when in the Kickstarter people voted voice acting not to be a primary thing. Instead they should have focused more on side-characters like the night terror and give them more depth... Really think Wasteland 2 could have been a lot better with more of such details...

Agreed. Focusing on the PC instead of the consoles would be nice too since hardly anyone will buy it.

Edit: I do think we need aimed shots though. For a game focused on combat, it sure wasn't that great.

I'm just happy I'll be able to finally play it. My computer is a shit show of a machine. Though playing a game like Wasteland on a console will be...Interesting. The closest thing to a classic Computer RPG I've played on consoles is probably Dragon Age Origins and that's a different beast altogether. I hope they overhauled character movement for the console version. Point and click would probably be pretty bad.

Focusing on the PC instead of the consoles would be nice too since hardly anyone will buy it.
Why do you think no one will buy it? I see it as a nice cash grab. You can give the PC-players some nice new features by taking money from the console-mongos. A win-win!

Focusing on the PC instead of the consoles would be nice too since hardly anyone will buy it.
Why do you think no one will buy it? I see it as a nice cash grab. You can give the PC-players some nice new features by taking money from the console-mongos. A win-win!

I doubt it will sell that well, but I would love to be wrong. I don't think that many people bought Xcom on the consoles either. I don't think it cleared $500k. I foresee a lot of people whining about too much reading, too many skill checks, it's turn based, not enough to do, etc..

I'm sure they will make some money off of it. I think these types of games on a console are especially niche. Most people who like games like that, already play on the PC. I do see the advantage of bringing new players into the fold.

What I also really wished is that all the missing content had been returned such as the La Brea Tar Pits/The Gippers, the Refinery, Port of LA, and give the Seal Beach location some more details (including floors where the Children of the Citadel would actual live and work, I was rather disappointed that all we saw was just a basement)

What I also really wished is that all the missing content had been returned such as the La Brea Tar Pits/The Gippers, the Refinery, Port of LA, and give the Seal Beach location some more details (including floors where the Children of the Citadel would actual live and work, I was rather disappointed that all we saw was just a basement)
I wasn't aware of cut content.

Yeah they should really try to bring that back, maybe in a free patch or something. The problem for InXile is probably money. The games cost a hell of a lot more to develop than they make on kickstarter and then they have to use earnings from sold copies to cover that.

I'm getting this on PS4. I have it on PC but my computer is getting up there in age and the game runs like poo poo on it.

Back