Wasteland?

victor

Antediluvian as Feck
Orderite
I've searched around in shops, but I didn't find any republishing of this superb game. I don't want to buy it on ebay or amazon, so does anypne know where I could download it? (It's probably shareware by now, no?)

Wasteland

InXile, headed by Brian Fargo, owns the rights to Bard's Tale and Wasteland...
Well, Bard's Tale has been out for awhile on Consoles, and in just 2-3 months, it will be released on the PC Platform.

What about Wasteland? Has Brian Fargo made any public statements yet on his plans for the future? :notworthy:

or is he planning on releasing a couple sequels to Bard's Tale? :badmood:

I don't know, but if he intends to make Wasteland anything like the new Bard's Tale, he would be better off not making it at all.

Can't you see it? A "sarcastic" and "funny" "anti-hero" running around the wasteland in search of non mutated tail to get his groove on with. Oh the hilarity!

I remember playing the old Bard's Tale games on my C64. The old BT games were true RPG's, the new one seems to be more of a BG:DA clone then anything else. I guess it is kind of funny, but that doesn't make up for removing alot of the RPG from the game.

If there is a new Wasteland made, i can only hope that'll it'll be all RPG, and turn based damnit!!!

"Wasteland" is downloadable for free!

I stumbled upon the game that inspired Fallout, Wasteland on an abandonware site. Maybe not the best game in the world, but hey, it's Wasteland :roll:. Here's a link:

***REMOVED By Odin***

Interplay's earlier days... Sigh...

Note: You need the DosBox utility to play Wasteland. Find it here: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1.

Let's remember the good days and let nostalgia wreck our souls.

That isn't excactly news, it's been on various abandonware sites for ages. But thanks anyway, I guess it might help some people.

Re: "Wasteland" is downloadable for free!

Spookyfish said:
Note: You need the DosBox utility to play Wasteland.

No, you don't, I play it on XP Pro without problems (in fact, it helps me save games.) It might help though.

Apart from the fact that the mouse cursor flies over the whole screen at the smallest twitch of my wrist, it's OK on WinXP without any extra utils.

And I can't seem to find a way to exit the game during combat.

That isn't excactly news, it's been on various abandonware sites for ages. But thanks anyway, I guess it might help some people.

Ah. :roll: at me then :) . I haven't seen it before now though.

Thank you.
EDIT:Actually im not going to get wasteland, ill get ultima 5 and colonization.Than get some more cool old crap.

Anyone Remember Wasteland?

Haha, a cookie to everybody who knows what that's from. Anyway, it's been an awful long time and all that. So, hello everybody.

I've decided to play Wasteland again just to kill some time between my job search and moving. I'm looking for a Wasteland character editor--does anybody have one or know how to find one? I googled and got one from Wasteland Ranger HQ Grid, but it doesn't seem to work. It tells me that the file path is not in the same place.

Anybody know of another place to get a working Wasteland character editor?

overseerwf

Please, there are a number of Wasteland threads in the Gaming forum, already. Now, I know searching for "wasteland" at NMA ain't easy, but you could all make more effort.

EDIT: Merged with all the old Wasteland threads. BTW is it freeware yet? ;)

Re: Anyone Remember Wasteland?

Old School Role-Player said:
Haha, a cookie to everybody who knows what that's from. Anyway, it's been an awful long time and all that. So, hello everybody.

Holy shit, Old School, how you doin'?

Silencer; I doubt Wasteland will be freeware anytime soon, as it's Interplay's...isn't it?

Electronic Arts owned the rights to Wasteland for the longest time. InXile required them recently, it appears.

While Interplay developed the game, they never had any rights to the IP, I believe. Hence why Fallout was made, and not a direct Wasteland sequel.

Back