What about a Fallout 2 MODs Clan??

• Thread starter Thread starter MatuX
  • Start date Start date
M

MatuX

Hi!
I purchased the game 2 weeks ago (I have Fallout 1 and I love it!) and I started to play it, and it was really cool...
I didn't finished the game (I even made the 50%) when the idea of start modifying the game passed through my mind...

Imagine new ENTIRE worlds on Fallout, new stories, scripts, graphics, maps...

At this moment, I'm sure that you are thinking "Yeah yeah, dreaming doesn't has any cost", but, I started to take a big look around all the files inside the game, and... The only "undecipherable" code is the scripts (.INT) one...

Do you think that making a map is THAT hard? Ok ok, I can do a "basic" map editor (as my first step), I don't program in C++ or Delphi, but I know Basic (and it's not tthhaatt bad! :), and if I can write/read binary files, the maps are mine! But, obviously, it will take time...
If you want to know more about map editing, and if you are interested in the clan, reply to it, I can explain what I know...

The graphics are 100% editable, the weapons, too, and rest, is pure text scripts.

So.. What about putting all of our knowledge together to start researching the game engine to the maximum impossible??!
Maybe someday BiS could contact us to make Fallout 4!! heh... ;)

Ok.. To the other hand, I know that a MOD clan exists, it's named TUF's MOD, and the leader founded The Unknown Files and make a lot of cool programs for us (like amc2wav, or f2re). Yeah yeah, you know that, ok, let me speak!
But.. 1 week ago I sended an e-mail to Mad ©ow and a ICQ message, but... Is he alive?
Then, the last update to the U.Files was in April of... 1999!!!
I can't enter to the Borgus 'Hyper-Cool-Genius-Guy' Locutus web page.
And that's where I figure out that they don't exist anymore... I really would like to form part of it's 'legend' :)
So.. Any one knows of it's existence?? If Mad is on vacation or what??

In fact, I think working together can gave us plus quality, quantity, and velocity on the Fallout Engine research...
MAYBE BiS could help us in some little indirect ways... I think that the "Secret Map Page" (http://www.interplay.com/fallout/map.html) is a CLEAR way to tell us how did they made the maps, as being an "indirect" way to help us.

With this, I'm not saying that helping us in an indirect way is cool, well, no, it's not cool... And I would accept if Fallout 2 would be in development or so (I'm not going to give you the ways to change Fallout when Fallout 2 is comming soon and it's using the same engine as Fallout 1!), in other ways... MONEY rules the market, market is money... Money makes contracts, and contracts can't be breaked because it means a loss of money for Interplay.

Remember, Fallout is not a 3D shooter like Quake...

But... IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A TOTALLY NEW 3D ENGINE FOR FALLOUT 3, why don't you release the code for the F1y2?

Well.... Back to the main subject... =)

If you are interested in this, just reply here.

And if everything goes allright, I'm gonna make a tiny page to maintain our people informed... Sorry, I don't have time to do a cool layout like The Unknown Files...

- MatuX

PS: Excuse my english, it's not perfect, yet...

yo

To be honest i only read the first half of your message....MadCow has been gone for over a year now..I belive he lived in Kosavo and that would explain a lot..anyway...i used to be on the TUF team...but when madcow dissapeared it broke apart. I started a new mod team...url below...and we have taken over what tuf used to do...if your interested...in editing go to our message board and leave your ideas....

Grendelin.....out
http://members.xoom.com/fallout2mods

RE: yo

yeeaah, i have the capacity to make large philosophics mails posting 1.400 subjects when my idea is to talk about 1 thing...
sniff... heh...

Reading the 50% gives you the main idea..., so don't worry..........ggrrrr

Back