What if we had another Fallout Bible?

NotAcasul

meanie
Made by Emil and the rest of the Bethesda squad, it would go over the mistakes inside Fallout 4 and correct them, while also highlighting and correcting some murkier information on other things.

Would the community accept it? What would be the contents? Is it even ethical to create another Fallout Bible? Does that make Bethesda pretty much Mormons?

If he actively wrote it just to clear up Jet Consistencies and write more lore for the East Coast, then I don't see why not.

If he ever used it to change West Coast Lore in any way/shape/form he would literally be Satan as far as I'm concerned.

it would go over the mistakes inside Fallout 4 and correct them
I've already made it for them.
l5s2eXn.jpg

Didn't he write for thief 2? Maybe Its bethesda itself that ruins everything.
Probably. Emil apparently worked on some of the decent large levels in Thief 2 according to this forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12040. He may know what he's doing as long as there is a good team to keep him regulated and focussed but since Bethesda has Toddie boy as their main director and Pete as PR head that reflects their attitude, that's unlikely.

If Beth makes another Fallout bible; :puke:

I kind of want one just to be able to see what back-asswards explanations he comes up for everything. It would honestly be useful, anytime people would want to know what's wrong with Fallout 4 we could just point them to this guaranteed trash bible.

I do want a Bethesda's fallout Bible. I want to know exactly what they consider canon and lore and what they don't.
I also want to see what kind of explanations they come up to explain their own contradictions and stupid things.
And for finishing, it would be useful to have a compiled source of stuff where people could consult and risk out whatever they don't like and doesn't fit their "fanon".
As long as it would be free, I see no problem with it. Of course, I am sure Bethesda would sell it for $50 or something like that though.

Made by Emil and the rest of the Bethesda squad, it would go over the mistakes inside Fallout 4 and correct them, while also highlighting and correcting some murkier information on other things.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA [breathes in] HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh wait. You're serious.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA.

While it may sound good on paper, Bethesda writing their own Fallout Bible would be a massive catastrophe. This is a company that lacks respect for the source material, who's writing has been steadily declining since Morrowind came out. If Bethesda were to make a Bible, it would retconn, alter, and add things to the Fallout universe that shouldn't be tampered with in the slightest.

Even if they could swallow their pride and make a Bible that focused on their own games flaws, Fallout 4 would be impossible to fix. The issues in that game are so far detached from the rest of the franchise that many people, even some Bethesda fanboys, agree that it doesn't even feel like Fallout anymore. Fallout, as a franchise, is past the point of saving. Only a massive retcon can put the series back on tract at this point.

The only thing that can make me buy a Bethesda game after Fallout 4 is if it says "Bethesda presents...a game made by someone else entirely."

I have zero faith in them as videogame developers after Fallout 4. They've ruined Fallout in a way that I have never seen with any other franchise.
The issues in that game are so far detached from the rest of the franchise that many people, even some Bethesda fanboys, agree that it doesn't even feel like Fallout anymore.
Which is exactly why I made the sad decision to uninstall Fallout 4 and play New Vegas again.

And playing New Vegas after playing Fallout 4 has made the dumbing down of Fallout 4 look even worse and I don't think I will ever reinstall it because there are much better post-apocalyptic RPGs. Fallout 4 has all the problems (and more) of previous games but without the good things about those games that allowed me to overlook the problems.

Playing New Vegas after playing Fallout 4 just makes this whole situation even more tragic. Bethesda didn't just mess up, they actively worked at making a game that no actual Fallout fan would want.

Last edited:
Probably. Emil apparently worked on some of the decent large levels in Thief 2 according to this forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12040. He may know what he's doing as long as there is a good team to keep him regulated and focussed but since Bethesda has Toddie boy as their main director and Pete as PR head that reflects their attitude, that's unlikely.

If Beth makes another Fallout bible; :puke:
once again it sounded that zenimax is the one that giving dumbing down direction.

Back