Who's your favourite Fallout lore youtuber?

JKRDU

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Hello NMA!! I'm 90% sure no one's going to respond to this post, but who's your favourite youtuber who focusses on the Fallout lore? My favourite is Shoddycast.

None of them. I have youtubers I like but none that focus on Fallout solely. Also, haven't heard of the Oxhorn thing before. I'll have to look that up.

I can't say I ever found one that really maintained my interest. Besides I'm more of a reader when it comes to lore, which is probably why I'm a big fan of 40k lore.

I'm really not sure why Fallout Lore YouTubers would exist outside of educating pop-culture osmosis feeders on stuff they can now pretend to know about. All the lore in the Fallout games are presented in a direct and very extensive manner, it's completely pointless. It's not like Dark Souls where things are mysterious, obscure and up to interpretation for the sake of effect and therefore can be interpreted and presented in a new fashion. The history of the NCR or the tale of the Survivalist are very cut and dry.

It's also pointless to even watch lore videos on Fallout because Bethesda will eventually retcon the hell out it.

best: shoddycast. really like that storyteller guy, that voice man, it is wonderful.

worst: oxhorn. really dislike that fat guy, that voice man, it is terrible.

None of them. I have youtubers I like but none that focus on Fallout solely. Also, haven't heard of the Oxhorn thing before. I'll have to look that up.

Try watching shoddycast's video instead, I think he puts alot of effort in to his video compare to oxhorn.

best: shoddycast. really like that storyteller guy, that voice man, it is wonderful.

worst: oxhorn. really dislike that fat guy, that voice man, it is terrible.

I like shoddycast because I think he puts alot of effort into his video and his voice is quite soothing too imo.

Most of oxhorn's videos felt like a gameplay with commentary that talks about the lore. I also found his voice to be quite creepy as well. Oh and his lore videos are sometimes wrong too.

I'm really not sure why Fallout Lore YouTubers would exist outside of educating pop-culture osmosis feeders on stuff they can now pretend to know about. All the lore in the Fallout games are presented in a direct and very extensive manner, it's completely pointless. It's not like Dark Souls where things are mysterious, obscure and up to interpretation for the sake of effect and therefore can be interpreted and presented in a new fashion. The history of the NCR or the tale of the Survivalist are very cut and dry.

There's a tonne of stuff off the beaten path, dots to connect that aren't obvious. A lot of threads here are about theories and speculation, so that's another thing to make videos about. There's also what ShoddyCast does, which is make it entertaining. As well as TriangleCity who goes behind the scenes with interviews.

I liked ShoddyCast until it started to become a fanfic. (also, i prefered it when there was no animations)

I like ShoddyCast, but since they're now run and owned solely by Austin Hourrigan I can't see them releasing any new series any time soon. Therefore, my only other choice is Oxhorn, whom I also like. They both have differing styles and neither are perfect Fallout lore encyclopedias.

Shoddycast is great the storyteller is very creative and enjoyable for a guy who works with matpat at game theory. Also i have his 1.3 gb mod in new Vegas it's awesome but overpowered. And then there's ThenTheApple he makes (made) solid videos too, I only watched alchestbreach like 1 or 2 videos about the wasteland base mod thingy. I don't remember the rest. I should make a list so I don't have to keep remembering

Back