Will there be any total overhaul mods?

I hate Fallout 4, its a repulsive entry into the franchise, its gameplay makes me sick, its writing makes me want to vomit.

So is there a father Elijah like modder who will come to wipe the slate clean, make Fallout like it was meant to be, undisturbed by bethesda?
Maybe. There is a promising mod called Fallout: Lonestar that is in development. It will be like Project Brazil in that it will be a separate game within a game. http://www.falloutlonestar.com/

Last edited:
I was hoping that Bethesda had learned from Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas, that they would look at the strengths and weaknesses of those games and work as hard as possible to make a good unforgettable and thought provoking experience.

It just amazes me how a "professional" writer could produce the things that are in Fallout 4, when I played the game I just thought it was surreal at how bad it was.

If you have to renovate a house and in order to renovate the house you need to change the roof, tear out the walls and replace them, redo the piping and even replace the foundation of the house itself then I gotta ask; Why even bother to renovate the house? Tear it down and start a new (total conversion mod) or buy a proper house (a better game).

Like, everything in Fallout 4 has to be overhauled.
The combat is unbalanced.
The crafting system is linear and generally pointless.
There's too few weapons.
The quests are far too linear.
The stats are meaningless.
The perk system is shit and unbalanced to boot.
Dialogue is badly written.
Lore inconsistencies galore.

You'd need a team of modders that are all on the same page who overhaul each aspect of the game in order to improve it and I just don't see that happening. It's too ambitious.

Take settlements for example. They don't really serve a point. So you'd need a mod to make them serve a point. But will they exist in their own bubble or will they be integrated into the rest of the gameplay? If it is the latter, then how would that affect the standing between settlements and towns like Goodneighbour and Diamond City. How will it react to the main factions of the game?

And what about the combat? Enemy health and damage output is unbalanced. So you need to overhaul that. But that means that if another mod wants to expand on weapon/armor mods then it needs to synergize(?) with the combat overhaul. And what about the perks that affect the combat?

Everything in Fallout 4 is a fucking mess when we get down to it. You change one part then you have to change the other which in turn affects something else which then affects something else.

I'm sure there'll be overhaul mods.
I just don't think they'll synergize well with one another.
And ultimately, you'll just be left with a different kind of mess but a mess all the same.

So what's the point?

I mean, is the story and gameplay of Fallout 4 so crucial to you that you need to save it in the first place?
Cause I don't see anything worth saving in Fallout 4.
The Brotherhood is stupid.
The Railroad is stupid.
The Institute is stupid.
The Minutemen is stupid.
Diamond City is meh.
Goodneighbour is meh.
The lore inconsistencies fill me with loathing.

Why overhaul something that is just inherently shit?

Everything is wrong in Fallout 4, but I won't say you shouldn't make a TC mod. At least we can imitate Obsidian's path to recycle this junk.

Seriously, how could a professional team of designers make something so shit? I mean I wasn't expecting any particularly good writing but I was at least expecting the game to be a bit fun. And with overhaul I mean anything that isn't Fallout 4, something like that lone star, just something new. Hell maybe a mod set in Germany with a Gothic I vibe, that would be cool. And just cut out all that stupid shit like settlement building, the shitty crafting system, the magically enchanted cryo/fire/acid bullet bullshit.

We could maybe, just maybe salvage something from the wreckage that is Fallout 4

Though the new engine is a little bit more stable then the NV and 3 one right?
Let me put it this way. This is an engine that allows a maximum of 4 dialogue options at a time. This is an engine in which when you pick a perk while leveling up, they have so few that they can fit them all on to one sheet. The game is so fundamentally broken, that it would probably be near impossible to add more dialogue options, or even new leveling up perks, unless you were VERY creative.

The Engine of 3/NV may be less stable, but they would actually let you do stuff.

Well, fuck, I like spend 50 euro on this shit and I have gotten zero fun out of it, in fact it was a chore to complete. I want my money's worth damn it.

I can still remember thinking "Hmm well it looks bad that they have a voiced protagonist, but perhaps they have done so because they want to forge a amazing and thought provoking story, like spec ops the line. Perhaps they have finally learned from their past mistakes and will make something new and memorable" and so I pre-ordered the game. I'm part of the fucking problem

Yeah indeed, I played Shadowrun Dragonfall and that was pretty fucking fun, really fallen in love with that franchise. Still, Fallout was like how I learned English, it pisses me off to see it end up in such a sorry state, the franchise deserves much more then to be milked like a tired old brahmin :/

Likely; we have Requiem for Skyrim, Wanderer's Edition for Fallout 3 and Oscoro's Oblivion Overhaul for Oblivion.

But, that said, why should modders work on a total overhaul if all it's going to do is bring in more buyers of an objectively substandard entry in a near two decade old series?

The Engine of NV may be less stable
Oh fuck no Fallout New Vegas NEVER crashed on me in the time that I had played it unless it was due to a mod conflict or placement. Fallout 4 has crashed on me multiple times in addition to running like shit on a high end card with 16GB of ram.
I may have had framerate issues in New Vegas but Fallout 4 sometimes TANKS for example from say 60 to 34 frames per second. Unoptimized ancient pile of shit trash.

It just amazes me how a "professional" writer could produce the things that are in Fallout 4

They didn't, actually. Bethesda doesn't hire professional writers to do their writing. They just have their developers, artists, etc. write it as they go along, which really tells you a lot about how much they value having good writing and stories in their games. Which isn't to say that there are no non-professionals that have any talent for writing, but, you know, the best people for a job are usually going to be the ones who do it for a living.

Last edited:
They didn't, actually. Bethesda doesn't hire professional writers to do their writing. They just have their developers, artists, etc. write it as they go along, which really tells you a lot about how much they value having good writing and stories in their games. Which isn't to say that there are no non-professionals that have any talent for writing, but, you know, the best people for a job are usually going to be the ones who do it for a living.
Well shit really? But, but they're making RPG's, isn't a professional writer like the butter on the bread when making rpgs?

Even fucking Doom 3 hired a professional writer

Back