You Have Failed This Thread!

Lethal Oliver or non-lethal?

• Lethal. Some criminals deserve to die.

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • SuPeRhErOeS dOnT kiLL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KingArthur

You Have Alerted the Horse
[REDACTED]
So I didn’t know if this even warranted a thread because I haven’t the slightest how many other Green Arrow fans there are here, but basically I’m creating this to discuss the Emerald Archer. Favorite runs, portrayals, versions of the character, etc.

I’m gonna start off by asking: what Green Arrow do you all prefer? Lethal, or non-lethal? Personally, I’ve always hated the idea of GA using anything more complicated than explosives and the occasional zipline; something about Oliver Queen being as rich as Batman but using the bare minimum to fight crime is really awesome to me.

As that last sentence may have inadvertently revealed to you, as a result I like lethal Green Arrow. We can discuss the thin line of vigilantism from this point if anyone wants (@TheOtherManInTheRoom), but I think that in the context of the series, Green Arrow is simply more effective lethal, less he wants to aim at everyone’s kneecaps. No “net arrows” for this guy (sorry DC Animated Universe).

That, and this line after he kills Prometheus in a JLA story arc kinda sums it up for me:
upload_2019-10-22_22-38-2.png

Anyways, that’s my take. I can elaborate on anything if anyone wishes.

I've always preferred the heroes that killed since it is pointless to keep catching people like The Joker.

Yeah, I'm down with the lethal. Especially when we're talking about supervillians here, not just criminals. Someone that can't be removed from a supersuit either would also be someone to not imprison somewhere.

Even if we could build a special containment for a superpowered criminal, is it really worth it? What if Kitty Pryde was a criminal?

I've always preferred the heroes that killed since it is pointless to keep catching people like The Joker.
That’s how I see it too; some people just are beyond help, and can’t be allowed to exist and ruin more lives, ditto if they have superpowers.
Yeah, I'm down with the lethal. Especially when we're talking about supervillians here, not just criminals. Someone that can't be removed from a supersuit either would also be someone to not imprison somewhere.

Even if we could build a special containment for a superpowered criminal, is it really worth it? What if Kitty Pryde was a criminal?
If Kitty was a criminal the world would be her oyster. And you made my other point for me as well; why contain people with powers when the margin for escape is far greater? Green Arrow goes after all threats to Star City, metahuman and normal human alike. The people he kills, whether normal or meta, are oftentimes people who would ruin more lives if the justice system let them free, or they escaped, etc.
Ahhh, Turtles comics. Honestly some of the best.

That aside, the “perhaps it’s not Shredder” panel raises a very good question in terms of margin for error for vigilantes. The Grell run of Green Arrow covered this too, with the fallout from innocent (or less guilty) people being injured or killed by Oliver’s actions. It’s a fascinating precedent question.

Again, we can discuss the finer points of vigilante justice if anyone wants, but I won’t go very much in depth into that unless someone asks for it.

If your gimmick is a bow and arrow, you better get fucking lethal.

That too, but in the more “tame” versions of the character he has all sorts of special arrows with nets and shit.

Gay.

That aside, the “perhaps it’s not Shredder” panel raises a very good question in terms of margin for error for vigilantes.
In context, they know he's the Shredder; the question was whether or not one of them [a turtle I think] was an overly confident fool.

There is a continuance/ or reference to this scene in a later—much later tale, when Raphael is far into extreme old age:
RoadHogs.png

This happens after the apocalypse.

Last edited:
I like it. I haven’t read enough of the old Turtles comics but they’re some good shit.

The Green Arrow is as fruity as you can get, his gay little robin hood get up is probably just some old role playing costume he used in his gay stripping days. He only goes out and "fights" crime so he can get beaten down and "horrifically" savaged like a good litt...I mean poor victim. His relationship with Canary is a cover for his life as a fairy where he sucks and fucks John Stewart/Diggle if you're a fag CW viewer, judging by his appetite for black men I'd guess he has severe BBC lust and probably has some self-hatred for his white privilege. Oh and he's probably a bug chaser too.
Turtles are always welcome.

UUURG ANGRY PENIS MAN URRGGG CAVE URRRGG OUT BAG GRAB URRG GUG UG

Nanomachine apocalypse vs my mojo.

Take that ball of clay on your thread and spread it out.

xIIIdavidduchovanycelshadedfearagentsoviethorrofilmplaugeeasternspymysticbohemiapolishsaberfencing.

*belch

Always found it hilarious how the Arrow show had the guy shoot people stright in the chest with arrows, yet 5 episodes later the guy is making speeches about not killing people.

Most superheroes without powers, Batman included, do seem to have a special super power to imbude people they stomp their head into a door frame or supplex into concrete with immortality.

The Green Arrow is as fruity as you can get, his gay little robin hood get up is probably just some old role playing costume he used in his gay stripping days. He only goes out and "fights" crime so he can get beaten down and "horrifically" savaged like a good litt...I mean poor victim. His relationship with Canary is a cover for his life as a fairy where he sucks and fucks John Stewart/Diggle if you're a fag CW viewer, judging by his appetite for black men I'd guess he has severe BBC lust and probably has some self-hatred for his white privilege. Oh and he's probably a bug chaser too.
Aurelius 2.0, stop projecting.

Back