10 best games.

Albatross said:
Really? I guess it the classic SNES influence.

I don't know about the others, but I think it's in reference to Lionheart being on your list. I'm amazed that anyone could enjoy that game, let alone have it be one of their favorites.

It's not really the "Criminal World" element that does it for me, I just thought that Vice City was an extremely well crafted game. It kept all the good elements from GTA3, and improved all the weak areas. I liked the overall story (that your character now is his own man, not just a lackey), the driving physics, the humor, the visuals (on the PC mind you), and best of all it was great fun. Mafia just didn't really appeal for me, I never cared that much for it.

Bah, and here I was thinking there would be more comment over Princess Maker 2.

How could anyone have Lionheart on any favorites list? It's not a good RPG and it's not a good action-RPG. It fails on pretty much all fronts.

For the computer:
1. The Build Games! (Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, Redneck Rampage and so on)
2. Fallout 1 / 2
3. Planescape Torment
4. Freespace: The Great War / 2
5. Dungeon Keeper
6. Half-Life + certain HL-mods
7. AvP
8. Wasteland
9. System Shock 2
10. All those games that I couldn't think of.

For the consoles:
1. Metal Gear Solid (psx)
2. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 / 3 (psx)
3. Silent Hill (psx)
4. Carmageddon (psx)
5. Goldeneye (N64)
6. GTA: Vice City (ps2)
7. Syphon Filter (psx)
8. Syphon Filter 2 (psx)
9. Abe's Exodus
10. Same as the other #10

All are on PC, unless otherwise noted:
Fallout 1/2
Halo
Max Payne
Midnight Club 1/2 (PS2)
Final Fantasy 8
Jedi Knight/Dark Forces series
Diablo
Warcraft 2
C&C: Red Alert series
Duke Nukem 3D

No particular order

Fallout I/II
Baldur I/II
Planescape
Dungeon Keeper
No One Lives Forever I/II
Thief
Fallout Tactics

1) Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game (PC)
2) Fallout 2 (PC)
3) Diablo II (PC)
4) Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past {GameBoy Advance)
5) Aliens Vs. Predator II (PC)
6) Half-Life (PC)
7) T2: Judgement Day (Arcade)
8) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II (NES)
9) King of the Fighters '97 (Arcade)
10) Final Fantasy VII

Those are my old classics... COOL!!!

These are the games that owned and still own.

I've been playing the crap out of Battle Gear 3 in the arcades, so you can replace Initial D: Arcade Stage with that one.
BTW, Battle Gear 3 is a racing game from Tatio that has about 50 cars from respected Japanese car companies (Nissan, Toyota, Subrau, Honda, Mazda and Mitsubishi) and seven tracks with cool designs. Gameplay is like Initial D, but there's a handbrake (not a button: an actual handbrake lever) to make powerslides easier, and even the front wheel drive cars break traction like it's Ridge Racer. Heck, the two touge (point-to-point mountain racing) courses are ripped from Initial D (although for legal reasons, they don't go by their Initial D names: they are called "Dreadnaught" and "Super Dreadnaught"). The coolest feature: a "drivers eyes" viewpoint with a real working dashboard modeled from the specific car model you're driving! :)
As far as I know, a PS2 conversion of Battle Gear 3 is available in Japan: since Tatio has no U.S. presence to speak of, don't hold your breath for a domestic release. And there's Battle Gear 3 Tuned, a ROM upgrade for BG3 that has "tuned" versions of several cars (plus some new ones) and four new tracks for a total of eleven. Great fun overall. :)

best of the best

1. Fallout 2
2. Diablo 2 + exp
3. Duke Nukem
4. Dune II
5. Starlancer
6. Max Payne
7. Unreal Tournament
8. Half - Life + Op. Force + Blue Shift + C.S 1.x
9. Dungeon Keeper
10. Starcraft

Maybe the order is not correct but those are pretty much my good ol' classics of all time.-

In no order

Fallout 1 & 2 (PC)
Doom 1 & 2 (PC)
Arcanum (PC)
Final Fantasy 6 (SNES/PSX)
Final Fantasy 7 (PSX)
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (with expansions) (PC)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX)
Castlevania (NES)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Advance Wars 1 & 2 (GBA)

I can't just pick ten...

Guardian Heros (Sega Saturn)
Dragon Force (Sega Saturn)
Dark Savior (Sega Saturn)
Mega Man 1-6 (NES) Haven't played the newer ones
Sonic 1,2,3 and Knuckles (Genesis)

There is more...

Mohrg :twisted:

1, Fallout Tactics
2, Fallout2
3, Fallout 1
4, Battlefield vietnam
5, Fifa 2004
6, Unreal Tournament
7, Battlefield
8, Aliens vs Predator 2
9, Battlefield
10, C&C Generals

:arrow: Painkiller
:arrow: Fallout (1,2,T)
:arrow: Unreal 2004
:arrow: Star Wars:KOTOR
:arrow: NFS:Underground
:arrow: Quake 3
:arrow: WarCraft III
:arrow: Tony Hawk pro skater (2,3)
:arrow: Sim City
:arrow: Call of Duty

And many, many more...

PC GAMES:
#1: Half-Life: This game gave me more multiplayer hours than any other FPS, and the story's pretty good. The fact that you never leave Freeman's body crafts a realism never seen with the likes of Halo, Metroid Prime, etc.
#2: Fallout 2: Well, this HAS to be on my top 10 PC games. The reason it's not #1 is because it's too linearised.
#3: DOOM: Well, not much to say here. Very good FPS. Kicks the crap out of most newer ones.
#4: Fallout: No other CRPG has ever convinced me to go so long through it. It's the frst one where I actually want to hit the level cap.
#5: Quake II: Good single-player experience, only FPS where I'm not a noob or semi-noob(indeed, I'm a mid-ranked player). Multiplayer experience kicks ass, and some of the best game music ever.
#6: Command & Conquer: Red Alert II: Brilliant RTS, good experience of control.
#7: Worms 2: Well, just good fun all round. It's fun to make your own weapon settings...
#8: Ground Control: This is a good RTS, the battle system works well. Good story.
#9: MechWarrior 3: This is before it became Mech Commander. This is a good FPS/TPS.
#10: AOE II/The Conquerors: This is good, especially the expansion. It's easy to control your troops, but the fact that if you want them to stay put, you have to use No Attack Stance, is annoying.

1. HL + mods
2. Fallout 1
3. Fallout 2
4. Syndicate Wars
5. Wolfentstein 3D!
6. Arcanum
7. Diablo 1 (& maybe 2 + exp)
8. Deus Ex 1
9. Duke Nukem 3d (I always said if theres a way to go - it would have something to do with women, whips and oil. Lets rock!)
10. Unreal 1 (single player & the multi before it got corrupted into UT)

& all the others i forgot to mention

fallout 2

falout 1

gothic 1

gothic 2

warcraft 2 (multiplayer only)

chaser (multiplayer only)

starcraft (multiplayer)

master of magic(old)

commandos 1

borrowed time (hehe, i finished it by meslf and it was like 15 years ago :P)

these are NOT my favourite games, just the ones i had the most enjoyment>which is not the same!

SEE YA!!!

well my opinion is

the Top10 in my Computer is:
Fallout2: My first Euro-American RPG, I don't know what a RPG is before I play it... It is still in my HDD now.

Fallout: I haven't played it, but the story is excellent, I have read the walkthrough.

Commandos: My first Game software, I am playing it these days.

Baldur's Gate + ToSC: I think it's better than BG2, but I only got the Chinese version……sigh

Torment: Well, I really like the dialogues in it.

arcanum: Although I haven't got it, but I really like the design of it.

Baldur's Gate2: complex, I have to create different characters to play the game.

C&C series: well, when I was a middle school student, we always play it, skirmish? right?

and Silent Hunter: Who plays it? I like the SH2 best. Because I can command the US submarine and beat the Japanese naval ship, ^o^

Back