50 Minutes of 76

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

FALLOUT 76
The ultimate game in the popular FIRST PERSON SHOOTER SERIES is now here!

Discuss at length with snark.

I'm not a huge hater of the Bethesda Fallout games... but this looks like dogshit.

I wasn't even expecting it to be that good, but this somehow seems worse than I was imagining. So clunky, notifications everywhere, no npcs... This is awful.

I'm just gonna copy and paste my rant from Discord on here:

been watching 10 minutes now.
I still have no idea what Fallout 76 is about.
It just looks like you're running around with other players, barely interacting and shooting and looting stuff.

So Fallout 4 but take away whatever semblance of end goal it had and replace it with other players you can barely communicate with.

The more I look at it though...
This just looks like a mod.

I'm dead serious, everything about it looks like it'd be a mod.
The only "new" thing would be the perk cards and stuff but even that looks like it could come from a mod.

The way player names look, the way VATS is set up, the way trading works, the way emoticons work.
Everything about it just feels like it comes out of a mod.

The build your own camp isn't new.
The UI is the same.
Looting is the same.
Gunplay is the same.
Crafting is the same.
Everything from Fallout 4 is in there with zero modification except where it is absolutely needed.

And even there the modification feels halfassed.
If you took this footage and put it in Fallout 4's worldmap it'd be a believable mod showcase.

It looks 'that much' like a mod.
And I mean, a shitty mod at that.

Like, let's take Fallout 4 and give it mutliplayer.
But what happens with all the NPCs?
Eh.
Let's just remove them for the alpha build.

And that's this.

Empty.

Hollow.

The most interesting thing is that you can find petrified ashen statues of people from the nuclear blasts.
No idea how they turn into that since the surrounding area barely looks destroyed but whatever.
If you interact with them they fall apart into ashes.

The wolf is a reskin of vicious dogs.
The uh... Bloodsucking insect thingie looks liek a reskin of a radroach.
There's super mutants cause who cares.
I suppose the HUD got an ever so slight redesign. If one can even call it that.

Map obviously looks different. Personally I think the map makes it look even more like a mod.
Like they couldn't be arsed to design an area map like FO4's.
So they just went on google and looked for some tourist thingie.

"Hey do you wanna play Fallout 4 with your friends?"
yeah sure that could be cool.

"ok, we'll give you a new gameworld with stuff to shoot and loot"
Wait, no quests or NPC's?

"no"
So what do you do?

"shoot and loot"

That's the salespitch for this game.
There's nothing else to it.

It's literally just a mod for FO4 with a new gameworld.
I guess my point with my little rant here is this: I think it looks unprofessional and sloppy.
Like, they didn't even care to give us anything substantial.
Even on Bethesdas own terms.

Like, ok, more of the same?
Not necessarily a bad thing.

But this isn't more of the same.
This is less of the same.

There could be smaller things we don't really get from just watching the video though.
Apparently Bobbleheads are now consumable items.
The Big Guns one gives you +20% damage for big gun weapons for an hour.
So maybe there's a lot of little tweaks like that.
But on the face of it, it really just feels like they're selling us a mod.

Like I said, it looks and feels empty.
At least a proper story with NPC's would give it some sort of narrative structure to lead you towards some kind of end.
This is like playing that STALKER mod that gives you infinitum gameplay.

You just kinda meander around.
Not really doing anything.
Because there is no clear set goal.

It's like a lot of open world games after the final mission where the game just lets you back in.
Except you start there. At the end.

I dunno about you but personally I just fail to see the point in continuing playing at that point.
There's nothing to look forward to.

If F76 had a bit more to its player interactivity I could see a point in just letting players run around in a sandbox waging war on one another.
But the way they've implied neutering PK and PVP just makes it sound so unappealing.

The series won't ever again be any better than this.

Sometimes I'm just thankful it's not on me to run a fansite for a series that's being treated like this.

Shills on YouTube get VIP treatment.

Pipe weapons and Elder Scrolls music.

Elder Scrolls next game will feature multiplayer and voiced character.

I can smell the black, rancid Bethesdian cum from his voice...

Last edited:

NUKES OMG KILLSTREAK!

Anyone recall Konami and the MGS V BOOT CAMP? This is the same shit.

pile_of_shit.gif

Worst part is casuals will still buy it, based on brand recognition.

Also, here is another shill:

Man, the Whitesprings section in that long video in the OP.
"Hey, let's make a location that is constantly maintained and preserved by robots! Everything is still nice and shiny, like new!"
- "Yeah, awesome!"
*FFW to start of beta test*
"Dave, where are the pristine texturesets for the elevator doors and computers and cash registers?"
- "Uuuuhhhhh"

And it looks like those burned people are the new awkwardly placed mannequins.

How can someone take something as bad as Fallout 4 and still find a way to make it significantly worse?

At this point, the only logical progression is for Bethesda to start mistreating it's own employees and then making Fallout themed pachinko machines.

Fallout 76 is depressing and just makes me want Fallout: Sonora more. It's pathetic that one russian guy can make a better fallout game than a million dollor company.

Also, why does the map look so much different now compared to earlier footage?

Look at all those kul factions though that you can interact with and do radiant quest for/ find their corpses/ kill:
-feral ghouls
-feral ghouls with gunz
-dead Minutemen of Apocalypse
And for the first time in the Fallout franchise- totally hostile Supermutants, dead raiders and dead BoS.

All of them in the game that focuses on what truly makes Fallout game a Fallout game- shooting unnamed respawnable mobs, exciting and morally interesting quests like collecting water from river or finding someone's corpse and looting legendary pipe guns from squirrels.

I think I'll do another Resurrection playthrough (maybe Sapkowski RP?).

Man, the Whitesprings section in that long video in the OP.
"Hey, let's make a location that is constantly maintained and preserved by robots! Everything is still nice and shiny, like new!"
- "Yeah, awesome!"
*FFW to start of beta test*
"Dave, where are the pristine texturesets for the elevator doors and computers and cash registers?"
- "Uuuuhhhhh"

And it looks like those burned people are the new awkwardly placed mannequins.

Haven't seen the burned people yet as I have not really taken time to watch the video completely but regarding that mansion.
I can't help but think if it had been done by FNV's team that there would have been something more sinister behind it than just dressing up the setting.

Found the petrified people, not sure if it works like that during a nuclear blast. And why is that church still standing and not burned out from the inside by the heat?
And I am sure that corpse would have collapsed on its own in time.

I foresee that in Fallout 5 we will have a lot of petrified people to ram in how horrible war is, and put them all over the place even where current day people live.

Worst part is casuals will still buy it, based on brand recognition.

Also, here is another shill:

Didn't really expected anything else from the idiot that defended Fallout 3 with some of the biggest bullshit i have ever seen and calling it "an utter classic" in the process, while trying to downplay New Vegas greatly. Yeah, New Vegas "my favorite Fallout game", my fucking ass.

This guy sure loves Bethesda's dick.

Last edited:
Back