Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pizza

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
T

TorontoReign

Are worth playing. Even the Remaster of W1 which some people got butthurt about because it was made in Unity instead of on a freaking Commodore 64. They also were offended by pronouns I did not notice. The original is dated but check out Tagaziels LP up top to see what you might get yourself into otherwise do the Remaster which is a bit overpriced btw.

Wasteland 2 disappointed me at launch (7 out of 10) until I just started playing the Directors Cut while also ignoring all of the complaints I read on the internet many of which were false or fixed in the DC. Shotguns and brawling are useless? No. Vax is useless? No use computer science before each fight. Toaster Repair useless? No you get junk items that you need to save for unmarked quests. You really need to play the first one to totally get this because it is not Fallout. For maximum enjoyment if a radio message comes in stop moving on the map so you get all the fluff. Also skip Agcenter and Highpool (initially) and go to Rail Nomad to get Scotchmo and Ralphie so save those points on your main guys. Fuck Angela Deth since she will waste your points by leaving and she is a dumb bitch in the next one.

Wasteland 3 is something I had no excitement for but then I played it and I could not stop playing it. It's essentially the perfect Wasteland game if you play it on hard where your characters can actually die. It has more than enough content to keep you entertained. The combat and music are on point. The Patriarch is actually a good "villain" instead of a retread of W1 like with W2. Play them and enjoy.

As a Zoomer I've considered myself pretty good at engaging with games that are older, older than myself even, but the original Wasteland is just a nut I couldn't crack even though I really wanted to. I respect those who can play and enjoy it, but I've yet to reach the point where I can bounce past the impenetrability of it.

Mind you, the soundtrack is phenomenal (The remastered version at least, I don't know if the original even used a soundtrack) and I use it for my tabletop campaigns. But yeah, it's a shame.

Wasteland 2 I found to be alright. Gameplay wise it was nice. Soundtrack and atmosphere were good, really good even. Story and character wise, a bit underwhelming.

I greatly enjoyed Wasteland 3 however.

I liked using the keyword BOTH at rail nomad to resolve the quest in 2. As a millennial I still have problems playing the original but that is mainly due to all the combat.

The OG Wasteland was very beep boopy without music.

As a Zoomer I've considered myself pretty good at engaging with games that are older, older than myself even, but the original Wasteland is just a nut I couldn't crack even though I really wanted to.

Mind you, the soundtrack is phenomenal (The remastered version at least, I don't know if the original even used a soundtrack)
No sound.

No sound.

Depends on the version. The one my uncle showed me looked like this....

wasteland_12.gif

The one on Steam added the music even before the remaster iirc.

InXile did a remastered version before the recent Unity game.
https://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_the_classic_original

View attachment 21536

The modern portraits did not have the animations. :(

___

Yeah that is the one on Steam but the other Remaster is really good and the old fucks (they should just play the other one and fuck off) that whined on GOG are retarded because games need patches even if you Remaster something from the 80's, and pronouns are not that fucking important to cry about being included.

They also whined about macros but the dev posted about how they had to change the way those worked.
wastelandremastered_vegas_charmaine2.jpg

These are nice too.
1583387125_8.jpg

I especially like Snake's look in this one since it synchs up with his depiction in 2.

I might be wrong but I think I read that bureaucracy can help to recruit random mobs.

Speaking of Wasteland, does anyone else remember a MUD based on it? I swear I played one at some point.

I sure wish W2 California was as good as Arizona. The factions of California are ridiculous. Leather jerks, Robbinson and Mannerites shouldn't exist. I liked what they did with Rail Nomads and The prison. I even liked Ag center because it gave a sense of rebuilding and hope.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about trying this series out for quite some time now. It's just I never got around to it or heck even have time to play it, one of these days, I'll definitely check out the Wasteland series!
:-)

Wasteland as a a series never appealed to me as much as fallout.

Fallout just always felt it had a more interesting setting compared to Wasteland which never takes itself seriously.

I've played Wasteland 2 and 3. I played 2 and liked it. Then replayed directors cut and took a slightly different path, which without a spoiler, it's an either or choice, you cannot do both places. I've seen people complain about not being able to stop bleedouts or not having medic skills ?? I always had more than 1 char with medic skill even basic. It was funny in parts, had far more to it than 3 which I thought was dumbed down a bit.
Overall 3 seemed to easy. If I play again I will crank up difficulty.
The original remastered I have not bought as yet.

I also enjoyed Divinity original sin and also the 2nd instalment Larian the makers are doing Baldurs Gate 3 as most people know on the back of the sucess of DOSin

Wasteland as a a series never appealed to me as much as fallout.

Fallout just always felt it had a more interesting setting compared to Wasteland which never takes itself seriously.
HAHAHAHA. Oh you are serious? Fallout is not a serious game series by a long shot starting with entry 2. I mean it does try to be but it is a wasteland that basically has no rape for one. Totally sanitized. Rape would be a hot commodity in the PA world. Sex slaves and all that. Now they try to hint at it with FNV but meh.

ATOM on the other hand!

It is true that Wasteland has a kinda jokey tone but I will say out of the three games none of them annoyed me as much as Three Dog.

I do like RPG's which in some ways have never existed. I also like turn based and was going to get into Endless Legend 4X.
My gripes with RPGs I have stated a few times. Another newish forum is do you pickpocket? In the case of Divinity Original Sin and others, certain missions you may be forced to pickpocket to steal say a key. I can't be arsed with some FPS or the single player game
where you run about manic key bashing.

After early stuff BG and Icewind many people tried to create Battle Mages. Fast forward to this century It's all about builds with mad combinations in the likes of DOS2 thieving necromancer, horny paladin firebug. Yawn.

My method used to be take a character out of the can, don't fuck about with hairstyles and clothing for 3 hours, just crack on to get a feel for the game then maybe restart.

If you chose the Nosferatu in VTM Bloodlines is was way harder than taking say the Tremere class. As far as I see it VTM B had the most scope for replays than any game I have played.

I still need to play Icewind and I need to beat Arcanum and Bloodlines. So much fun stuff to do. So little life left to give.

I have no idea how the original Bloodlines plays. It had a big fan patching crew. I had original disk. Second time I played I installed the most recent patch. I am sure it upped it to version 9 something. Out of those 3 games I would do Blood, Arcanum then Icewind. Then again I am still AWOL on the gaming front.

I have played Bloodlines twice but stopped both times. Without the patches it would be the shits.

I loved that game. First time I played a game as female. Ske was called ' Ribena ' cos Ribena is Redish like claret and I would of felt a cunt sucking on guy's necks

Wasteland-3.jpg

W3 might be a little console friendly but overall the game is better than Wasteland 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back