Any games like Fallout?

alec said:
Thorgrimm said:
Gents, here is a link to a game that can be classified as a Fallout clone. Heck if you look at the screenies you will see they even use S.P.E.C.I.A.L. for character stats. :D The game is called Omega Syndrome.

Too bad the graphics look like shit, eh?
ive seen much worse
and i say screw graphics, this is an independant game, made by one man, most games today have great graphics and still suck
and if you want something that might feel like fallout you might want to give it a try
http://www.ausgamedev.com/

Re: The Omega Project!

SeanyD said:
The Omega Project is just starting out but will be following the in the footsteps of fallout bringing you a mature game that focusses on story and is in an isometric view!

http://www.omega-project-rpg.com

Damn, too bad you didn't notice the thread title. It said Games Like Fallout, not Games That Name-Drop Fallout. Fallout was not focused upon story, it was focused upon role-playing and P&P RPG style gameplay, player-decision driven. Neither BG nor FF7 had anything of the sort.

Re: The Omega Project!

Roshambo said:
SeanyD said:
The Omega Project is just starting out but will be following the in the footsteps of fallout bringing you a mature game that focusses on story and is in an isometric view!

http://www.omega-project-rpg.com

Damn, too bad you didn't notice the thread title. It said Games Like Fallout, not Games That Name-Drop Fallout. Fallout was not focused upon story, it was focused upon role-playing and P&P RPG style gameplay, player-decision driven. Neither BG nor FF7 had anything of the sort.

Omega Project is focussed on role-playing. It's got turn-based isometric combat, it's got the SPECIAL character system...

Story-wise it's got the same retro sci-fi atmosphere.

This is as close as you can get, much closer than any other games mentioned in this thread so why are you morons bashing it?

And about graphics, it's about the same level as Fallout 1. You going to bash it for that too?

"We morons" are bashing it because of his continued whoring of a very vague game concept on our forums because he thinks by name-dropping Fallout we'll automatically worship it. The quip about story was due to SeanyD's own words Rosh quoted.

OK... I see there's been some confusion on my part.

I saw Omega-Project was being talked about and I thought it was Omega Syndrome (referenced earlier in the thread). :oops:

Sorry for calling you morons. :wink:

Awww, don't double post, please. This is completely unnecessary, especially when the posts are only four minutes apart. So don't. Use the edit button.

And yes, next time before calling us morons at least get your facts straight.

Sander said:
Awww, don't double post, please. This is completely unnecessary, especially when the posts are only four minutes apart. So don't. Use the edit button.

True. Must not waste valuable bandwidth...

In The Omega Virus I was always the red cosmonaut and I always did my best to destroy the other explorers since they would simply use the station to further oppress the working class once the virus was defeated.

There's a Ukraine developed FPS called S.T.A.L.K.E.R that looks vaguely promising.
It's still in production (Previews were at E3.)
The base idea behind it is, that you are a mercenary in Chernobyl, in 2012, after a second incident,who must find certain items, to sell. During this quest you discover your identity (you were mindwiped) and presumably there's a logical end point.
It features VERY impressive A.I, and a lot of freedom. You have 30 square kilometres of irradiated wasteland you are free to explore as you like, and a nice developing character backstory. All of this is without any real set of orders, or imperitive,just take the time to be creeped out, and explore. With plot events moving on as you find the items.
Day and Night occur from timings, rather than in-game events, and enemies differ, such as the invisible deathclaw-esque guy, who only appears at night. Avoid by seeking shelter in the twilight hours.
It deserves some marks for being the only FPS to really grab my attention, and more for the radiation and freedom.

Dudes, BIS is developing this title codenamed "Van Buren", which is Fallout 3!

Yes, yes it is. Since we've known about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for ages now. Hell, just a month ago there was some news about it being toned down a lot.

Back