Any news on Wasteland 2?

Nobody knows.

InXile is actually making a lot of money with line rider but it's not like that takes a lot of work.

So I guess they're just working on Wasteland 2 behind the scenes?

The unannounced Project is HEI$T .
As for Wasteland.I am pretty sure that they haven't started working on it .

Oh, damn. It looks like it's yet another hoax, as I thought. Too bad it comes from such a respected person.

As for their LineRider weirdo project, I think I'm too afraid to give it a second glance :)

Yeah as I mentioned before, they refused comment when I asked for any information... Then again, I'm just little ol' me...

egalor said:
Oh, damn. It looks like it's yet another hoax, as I thought. Too bad it comes from such a respected person.

Uhm...what makes you say that. He just hasn't started yet, that doesn't mean he never will.

Brother None said:
egalor said:

Uhm...what makes you say that. He just hasn't started yet, that doesn't mean he never will.
Thats right ,they didn't acquired the rights to Wasteland from EA for nothing .
But something tells me that it will take a LOOOOONNNGGG time until we can get our hands on a Wasteland game.

I only hope it happens long enough before the nuclear war starts in real life (God forbid). Because... war never changes :)

Just browsing through the available jobs at http://www.inxile-entertainment.com/jobs.html

It looks as though they are developing something using the unreal 3 engine. They're looking for an AI programmer, preferably one with FPS and squad based combat experience.

Also the last posted job makes it look as though they're doing something on a Nintendo platform, could be totally unrelated to the Unreal engine project though. In fact now that I think about it, Nintendo doesn't have a platform that could use that engine :)

Wonder what they're up to? It'd be wild speculation to assume either project is wasteland related.... *crosses fingers and hopes to never hear news of "Tom Clancy's: Wasteland 6" squad based shooter*

Looks like they're attempting to get some solid revenue streams via some more original projects... hopefully they'd use that revenue to take a risk on an old school RPG (as Fargo initially stated his plan for wasteland was when he picked up the license )

I guess they are probably very interested in the kind of reception Fallout 3 is going to get. If I were them, I would first wait for Fallout 3 and analyze its design, its reception among the Fallout fanbase, its reception among the general public, the sales etc because coming with a game called "Wasteland 2" is probably even more risky than coming with Fallout 3.

Glowing Ghouls said:
Well we know one thing........... the box will say somewere........ remember Fallout?

Well, we don't really know that.

And, actually, I kind of doubt it, considering that Fallout 3 will be on the market and Fallout 4 likely in devolpment. I don't think they will be advertising a competitor's franchise on the box.

Wasteland sequel?

I read on Wikipedia that the original creator of Wasteland reacquired the rights from EA. Anyone think this game will ever be made?

Re: Wasteland sequel?

VaporTrailx1 said:
I read on Wikipedia that the original creator of Wasteland reacquired the rights from EA. Anyone think this game will ever be made?

Brian Fargo (also involved with Fallout in a big way) is whom you refer too. They refuse comment on any plans for the near future and insist they will let folk know when they start work on the project.

If I were a betting man I'd say Brian will throw BN at NMA a bone here and there, since this community will be a existing, established one for his product... I just hope the situation between NAM and Bethesda did not sour his views, and he is still up for constructive criticism to help improve Wasteland 2.

http://www.inxile-entertainment.com/us.asp

They haven't even made an update on Hei$t...let alone Wasteland 2 !!!
Something tells me that Inxile won't have a bright future :(

I just hope it didn't turn out like the new Bard's Tale did... I mean it was "OK" but really nothing like the original... at all, except for the name.

Now's the time. The theme seems to be in nowadays with so many post-apoc games coming out.

Back