Any news on Wasteland 2?

truly, I would much rather see a brand new fresh take on wasteland(without bastardizing it's original intent) A remake would be nice, a sequel would be nice, as long as its some great rpg gameplay, and I mean TRUE rpg gameplay , then it's all good.

I'd imagine they're having a tough time selling the idea to publishers ESPECIALLY after their bards tale reboot

Any news on the new Wasteland title (if there is one)?

I know Brain Fargo has said that he's going to be working on a new Wasteland game, but has anyone heard anything else about it? Perhaps some of you are in the know?

Only thing I see on inXile's website that might be in relation to perhaps Wasteland is there is a new job opening; Content Designer:

We are currently seeking an accomplished Content Designer to aid our creative team in the development of a next generation RPG.

Responsibilities:

Work with a team in the creation of a next generation RPG, including:
Locations
Quests
Character Descriptions
Branching Dialogs
History
Create and maintain detailed documentation throughout the entire project.
Aid in the design and documentation of content tools as they relate to dialog and quests.
Assure the game is balanced and perfect game-play experiences to ensure the product’s success.

Requirements:
4 plus years experience in game design, with a detailed understanding of RPG dialog and quest systems.
Ability to collaborate with other team members to develop a unified vision for the game.
Work well in and effectively communicate ideas within a team environment.
Strong Verbal, Written and Documentation Skills.
Excellent creative writing skills.
A passion for Role-Playing Games.

Bonus Traits:
A fan of PAW.
Knowledge of classic CRPGs.
Experience managing others.
http://www.inxile-entertainment.com/jobs.html

Maybe I'm just thinking too much about it. :lol: I'm hoping more for a remake to Wasteland than a sequel, but whatever they decide, I'll be happy if it comes out. (I have yet to play Wasteland, it is on my "to do" list. :D )

There has been no new info at inxlie for a while... I'm actually not certain how they stay in business as line rider is the only thing they have going for them and that makes my heart cry a little.

I e-mailed them a while back, received a reply that they will do a press release when the time comes.

About the only way you are going to get a answer most likely involves committing various computer crimes.

Maphusio said:
There has been no new info at inxlie for a while... I'm actually not certain how they stay in business as line rider is the only thing they have going for them and that makes my heart cry a little.

I e-mailed them a while back, received a reply that they will do a press release when the time comes.

About the only way you are going to get a answer most likely involves committing various computer crimes.

And if you are in the UK, I wouldn't get any bright ideas. Seems like the limeys' government is eager to be on both knees in front of any US requests for extradition.

Back on topic: I'll be happy with the new Wasteland project as long as they don't FPS it like they did with Fallout 3.

SkynetV4 said:
I'll be happy with the new Wasteland project as long as they don't FPS it like they did with Fallout 3.

I highly doubt thats going to happen. If it was, then why are seeking people to employ specifically asking for "a passion for Role-Playing Games" and being "a fan of PAW" and have "knowledge of classic CRPGs" be a bonus?

I'm thinking, well, hoping, that whatever RPG they are working on (hopefully Wasteland) that it's going to be a RPG. :D

I checked out inXile's website out of sheer boredom, and it appears they have an update. Calm down, their text update is just about their ShapeShape (iPhone game), but their main page header has two new post-apocalyptic concept art. You be the judge. :wink:

Also, I had an idea that they should release the original Wasteland on Nintendo DS. The top screen can be the actual game, and the bottom screen can be the manual paragraphs. That way you can take Wasteland where ever you go (and I'll have something to play on DS). Or just re-release it for computer, whatever works.

(Sorry for the double post)

A full box re-release of Wasteland that would remove the need for paragraph book and would make the random encounters much rarer would be awesome :D .

Endless streams of combat encounters really make that game less attractive for me than it deserves.

Back