Ashes 2063 Afterglow version V 1.06 has been released

Thank you for the compliment Toront but most of the credit should go to Vostyok and ReformedJoe.

I did make up a lot of the initial ideas for for the game such as locations, quests, how the storyline would go, but Vostyok refined it and both he and ReformedJoe executed it all with the help of some other modders.

I do think in the future, that is if I get to work on Episode 3, I do need to make the story a bit more 'tight', make all the parts work well and in a logical way together.

One issue people who played the game brought up was what the motivation of the Scavenger was after having escaped the arena, on why he he should look into what the mutants are up too (especially after just escaping his own execution at their hands), or these mysterious soldiers he has been hearing about, or Athena for that matter.
Why would the Scavenger be interested in helping her? For all the Scavenger knows, she is just some relic from a bygone age, following programming and orders that have not been relevant for ages.

Something I had wanted to have included at the Arena was that the player would eventually visit the Mutant Warlord's war room, discovering a map on a wall there that would point out the Array and perhaps also Sigma (not the direct location but rather that it is somewhere in the North/Chattahoochee National Park), making it clear to the player that these places are important, and that for some reason he really needs to visit these places rather than going the direct opposite direction (perhaps a suggestion that these places contain 'riches of the old world'?).

Something that is also a lot on my mind, ever since I watched MrIcarus's live stream, is that the voice lines I had provided for Afterglow should perhaps have been replaced with those from a native English speaker as my Dutch/European accent might sound too clearly through it.

As Mr Icarus pointed out, like someone from Europe trying to do an American accent (I actually just wanted to pronounce the English sentences fluidly)

I feel that this does affect the player's immersion in the game, and that it makes me look stupid.

First, thanks for your writing. Awesome job.
Second, I wasn't bothered much by accent, for instance. Actually, the only part of the storyline I had issues with is the dialogue with the general. It's basically "you can't kill her! okay, you can kill her if you shoot hard enough. My 200 men couldn't do it but you'll be fine". Other than that, nothing much, except some typos.

As for the motivation, the desire to find out what's on that laptop you lost, and what are the mutants up to is pretty much enough to go on.

But anyways, you know better.

First, thanks for your writing. Awesome job.
Second, I wasn't bothered much by accent, for instance. Actually, the only part of the storyline I had issues with is the dialogue with the general. It's basically "you can't kill her! okay, you can kill her if you shoot hard enough. My 200 men couldn't do it but you'll be fine". Other than that, nothing much, except some typos.

As for the motivation, the desire to find out what's on that laptop you lost, and what are the mutants up to is pretty much enough to go on.

But anyways, you know better.

Heh not trying to take claim for all that is positive and lay blame for the bad parts on Vostyok, but I actually barely did anything of the dialogue, though being the writer and having the time I should have done so.

It partly has to do with my state of mind, but also that I find writing dialogue hard sometimes.
Broad descriptions are often easier for me.

Add: so all the good dialogue lines should be credited to him.

But I have to agree. I myself would also have preferred to come up with a better explanation why the general and his men could not put a dent in the psychic mutant's defenses and yet the player is able to do so.
I always found this a ridiculous type of trope.

Back