BOS: Well, at LEAST they let me...

Kadu said:
You are one of a kind, DarkCorp. Grow up a bit. :)

I am merely pointing out an analogy that makes sense and has been brought up many times in the past.

Second, the joke was both asinine and pointless because you already knew what type of response you would recieve defending BOS here.

Kadu said:
I stepped in to the wrong fucking forum.

ps075.jpg

Kadu, you have to realize that it's often hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not until you get to know them. Since you are new here and we've been getting a lot of BOS apologists lately, most people just assumed that you were serious. Try not to take it personal - trust me, if you decide to stick around you'll see why we react the way we do.

Well said, Montez.

But I could tell he was being sarcastic when I first read it, I thought it was funny, even let out an audible chuckle.

"You paid $50 & got screwed twice. Good for you man."

That one and one by Saint Proverbius had to have been my favorite quotes.

"Yeah, I did spend $50 dollars for a game none of you liked. I don't see how that gives you the freedom to flame me for no reason. I like Fallout, just like the rest of you. I'm also angry that Fallout 3 has a very slim chance of ever getting completed, but I also don't go around picking fights with people who just meant to have a little fun. If you people have a problem, I think the best course of action is for you to just not listen. You're angry about the game sucking, don't take it out on me."

You know though, he DOES kind of have a point there... The time everyone wastes complaining about BoS could much better be spent doing something else, I dunno, maybe going outside for some fresh air, or even getting laid or something?

flatlinedeath666 said:
maybe going outside for some fresh air, or even getting laid or something?

(Obligatory joke referencing vibrating game pad goes here.)

Fuck F:BOS, and the assholes who made it, and the stupid jokes made by stupid people about it. Don't joke around with trash, because that just gets everyone dirty. And we don't need shit all over ourselves.

Vat time.

Remember the church also has a history of seediness. I wonder if the church would have reformed if people just stayed quiet about all of their immoral decisions. I wonder if the church would have reformed if nobody educated themselves and figured out some of the things the church was doing was wrong.

Given IPLAY didn't start entire wars and sometimes rob clueless people of their money (well maybe), their incompetence is still blatantly obvious. They not only have a responsibility to their shareholders but also to the gmaing industry as well.

Sadly however, almsot all apologists don't seem to want to pick up on information 'intuitively obvious to the casual observer'.

At least I didn't post about this... :{

Montez is still my favorite Mod/Admin/Person of Authority.

I got screwed out of $50 worth of games, but I have a new GBA to show for it after trading BoS back... that was a very easy decision. I want Zero Mission to come out to the public though. Argh.

I believe I traded mine in for that ltd. Zelda collector's disc containing the NES and N64 Zeldas. I didn't really want the thing, and I've already gotten rid of it as well, but I just wanted FOBOS out of my house -- I already felt more than a little dirty for buying the thing, you see.

This would make for a neat topic on the IPLY boards:

"So, what (did you trade/are you trading) FOBOS in for? :D"

dipdipdip0 said:
I believe I traded mine in for that ltd. Zelda collector's disc containing the NES and N64 Zeldas. I didn't really want the thing, and I've already gotten rid of it as well, but I just wanted FOBOS out of my house -- I already felt more than a little dirty for buying the thing, you see.

This would make for a neat topic on the IPLY boards:

"So, what (did you trade/are you trading) FOBOS in for? :D"

Ask, and ye shall receive.

http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?p=659784#659784

Reversal

Despite the shit that most of you have put me through over this, I've decided to retract my previous statement. I've had some time to play through this game a bit more and I actually like it.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Try not to take it personal - trust me, if you decide to stick around you'll see why we react the way we do.

I'll stick around without question. If not to see more brains explode over this. It makes for good reading.

Re: Reversal

Kadu said:
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I'll bet you're on the 2nd chapter. That's the only decent one (out of 3), and that's probably because it's the most straightforward.

I warn ye, there's just no liking the third one (well, maybe aside from the first few times you slay a deathclaw).

Kadu

You like the game then fine. However, don't expect us to stay quiet when team Chuck and Ineptplay try to pander bullshit to the public about how this game is true to Fallout.

Second, don't expect us to stay quiet when we see people on gamefaqs and other sites asking if BOS compares to the original series, which it obviously doesn't.

And lastly, don't expect us to shutup when clueless people say that BOS is 'original', while denying the fact that Interfidel has clearly whored out the Fallout name.

PS: I still stand by my post in regards to your ill-thought out asinine joke. You knew we hate BOS here yet you posted anyways.

You like the game then fine. However, don't expect us to stay quiet when team Chuck and Ineptplay try to pander bullshit to the public about how this game is true to Fallout.

That's fine. My original posting was never intended to make everyone around me like this game. At the time it was sarcastic. I had heard a lot of shit about this game, from this site and a bunch of other people. Even myself way before it was released. Though, my opinion has changed, I never once said I wanted any of you to take it like a bitch from Interplay for their mistake. It isn't Fallout, but in a sense of the word, it's the absolute closest thing to Fallout we will probably see for a long time.

Second, don't expect us to stay quiet when we see people on gamefaqs and other sites asking if BOS compares to the original series, which it obviously doesn't.

Same thing. I don't know where this site is hosted from, but you are -obviously- from the US. This country was built on freedom of speech. Say what you want, it doesn't bother me one bit. In most cases, I'll probably be right next to you following the throng of other people still pissed over this issue. Hell, I'll even quote myself.

It isn't Fallout, but in a sense of the word, it's the absolute closest thing to Fallout we will probably see for a long time.

It isn't, but in a way it is. Same difference.

And lastly, don't expect us to shutup when clueless people say that BOS is 'original', while denying the fact that Interfidel has clearly whored out the Fallout name.

If I hadn't gotten that one after everyone jumped the flame train and targetted me for execution, I don't know why I would still be here posting.

PS: I still stand by my post in regards to your ill-thought out asinine joke. You knew we hate BOS here yet you posted anyways.

You're right. My apologies for being an apologist. BTW, BOS rocks!

You're friend -

It isn't Fallout, but in a sense of the word, it's the absolute closest thing to Fallout we will probably see for a long time.
And that's exactly the thing that pisses us off :(

My friend rented the game and i played it with him for a while.
It's... well... boring. You shoot stuff, chug stimpaks, get money to buy more stimpaks and eventually a bigger gun,which you shoot more stuff with. And the dialogue was horrible. Even Kingpin had more mature use of curses than this one :shock:

I played BOS and i liked the intro............. :twisted: AND THEN EVERY THING WHENT TO HELL FROM THAT POINT ON :evil:

its sucks no doubt about it, and it is a HUGE insult to fallout.
BUT people still like it :evil:
so lettem wander around not knowing the truth i wont roast em

BOB<

bob_the_rambler said:
I played BOS and i liked the intro............. :twisted: AND THEN EVERY THING WHENT TO HELL FROM THAT POINT ON :evil:

its sucks no doubt about it, and it is a HUGE insult to fallout.
BUT people still like it :evil:
so lettem wander around not knowing the truth i wont roast em

BOB<

I don't think we are roasting the newbies of Fallout. We are roasting the people who cluelessly defend BOS and Ineptplay with ignorant statements like

Q. Why do you guys get so angry at BOS? I mean afterall, its not meant to be based on the basic concepts of Fallout?

A. Hey genius, were pissed because if BOS is so original, why can't Iterfidel uses a ORIGINAL name to market it.

Q. It has radscorpians, titties, guns, mutants and ghouls. You blow stuff up left and right, how is this not a good addition to the Fallout series?

A. Because clearly you have no clue in regards to what Fallout is really all about. Sure the things above are present, but what makes Fallout so special is its open endedness, true character developement (not the crap team Chuck tried to pander to us with BOS), good voice acting, great music, etc. Fallout is also a much more mature game based on the countless ways you could play through it as, whether your a profane hardass or a diplomatic sniper, not just mature because it has constant and often ill-timed profanities and is based on titties.

Q. Why are you guys so angry at Ineptplay? Sure they canned Fallout 3 when it was pretty damn near completion, but they wanted to get in the console market which is the cash cow now.

A. Because they were unsuccessful at even this attempt. Not only did this miss the christmas deadline which would have brought in a bit more money, it is still half-assed. They still punish the player with mindless fetch and return quests, backtracking, horrible camera views, ridiculously empty and unbelievable extra characters. etc. Interfidel should have brightened up when their X-Com Enforcer spinoff sucked but they decided to make the same mistake with BOS. The worst problem was they ignored the fans who they KNEW would buy the game and opted for a little tested market.

Heres the classic:

Q. Why don't you clueless fanboys just get a life and go out and get laid, etc, etc.

A. Because guess what moron, this is a site devoted to Fallout. A lot of the gamers here want quality products instead of half-assed BOOTLEG products.

As you can see we do not 'roast' innocent people, but those who cluelessly defend the game and the company it came from. I have not attacked people simply because they like the game. Most of the time, we get people who make asinine posts in defense of IPLAY and BOS much like the stupid joke this thread started with. I am considered a moderate until people begin insulting me much like Ferrariman and the Treasoner did. However, they apologised for their breach of etiquette and also had a well welcomed epiphany about what BOS really is.

Kadu said:

On what merit are you basing that half-ass claim with?

sckeener said:
I bought it and I'm keeping it.

In fact my wife went through spring cleaning mode on the games yesterday. Fallout BoS was never even considered to be on the list to trade in for other games.

Am I currently playing it? No. I'm playing Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2. However with all the talk about official stats of secret characters in the spoiler section has got my wife and myself interested enough to play again tonight. :D

So sad that they do not realize that Duke Nukem: Manhattin Project is a far superior platform shooter that this gardage (actualy, any platform shooter could beat $:POS).

On what merit are you basing that half-ass claim with?

To what point do I need to explain myself to you? You are asking a question that you don't even want an answer to. On what merit are you basing YOUR claim on? Who are YOU to say what is and what isn't Fallout? Actually, I don't want an answer to that either. You can take both of these pointless questions and shove them up your ass. Arguing over shit like this will get us no where. I have my opinions and so do you.

How about we drop this thread? Obviously no one wants to know the answer and this thread continues to show how all of us are fucking imbecile's for still crying over it.

Back