Can you finish the game without big guns or energy weapons?

Demonslayer said:
I've always finished fallout with gauss rifle (not big nor energy weapon).
Most people do, because it's ridiculously overpowered. Best range in the game (50, matched only by gauss pistol and sniper rifle), best base damage by far of any small gun, 3/2 damage mod, -30 AC mod, -20 DR mod. The only better non-burst weapons are the pulse rifle and rocket launcher.

fortyseven said:
Frank Horrigan@BIS said:
The Red Ryder LE BB Gun is also pretty neat if you should come across it. Actually, I prefer using the rifle over the .223 pistol in Fallout.

Shame there is so little ammo for this thing in game. But I agree its a fun rifle. I also like the H&K G11E, although it also suffers from the lack of ammo but apart from that its a lot of fun.

Never had a problem with that. Since one "package" of BB's stacks 100 bullets, chances are that you'll never have to reload it. Even if (I usually have to do it once), you still have like 300 to 400 in reserve. Besides that, the ammo itself doesn't have any modifiers which leaves it rather insignificant as it should be.

I like finishing the game with one handed weapons and one handed perk but gauss pistol is somehow overpowered howcome there is 50 range in pistol ?

Back