Characters

O.K., heres my character, hopefully to be worked into First mission or one of the other current games.

Name: James "Jimi" Baker

Height: 5' 3"

Weight: 132

Eyes: deep green

Hair: jet black

Ethnicity: Chinese mother, Caucasian father

Equipment: A WWII Springfield 30.06 with a 24x scope, a combat knife, enough foodstuffs (jerky, drinks, etc.) to last about 4 days, feeding himself, leather armor mkII, and a lockpick kit. The rifle is slung over his back, the knife is on his belt, and the rest is in a small pack around his waist on his left hip.

Clothing: Under his armor he wears a tanktop and faded blue boxer shorts, over his armor he wheres a tight fitting tan wind breaker and some ragged kakis he uses to blend in with the sand and dirt of the wastes.

Skills: Mainly outdoorsman, unarmed combat, sneak and lockpick

Appearance: His black hair is ruffled and kind of long, and his skin is a fair brown, tanned from all the time he spends in the sun. Although not great looking, he's kind of attractive, but has a scraggily look abou him, like he's not trying to impress anyone. He's short and light, but well muscled, not carrying an ounce of fat. his face is obviously asian, but actual Chinese know he's not full.

Demeanor: he's very quiet and soft spoken, and hardly ever initiates a conversation unless something is really itching at him. He leaves people to their own business, and only offers advice if asked for it. He's a hard worker and will carry out orders to the fullest, unless he has a strong moral objection. He loves the outdoors, often just watching the hills roll by when he's on a break from duty. As young as he is, he's very disciplined, and is fairly mature for his age. He is never really broken up or over joyed about anything, acknowledging good news with a thumbs up, and bad news with a shrug and a smirk.

Background: Originally born in Sanfrancisco, his mother died in child birth. When he was old enough to be moved (about 3) he and his father were 'persuaded' to leave. Traveling with a caravan, they moved to New Reno, where the rest of his father's family lived. His father didn't exactly disown him, but they were distant, and he was mainly raised by his uncle, a boxer turned manager. Due to his size and heritage, Jimi was often picked on, wich led to his uncle teaching how to fight, and occasionally convincing the owner to let him train in the gym at Reno. He was too small to be boxer, but the real boxers took him in and showed him how to fight in exchange for doing odd-jobs (water boy, janitor, etc). He is a self taught lockpick, something he picked up how to do between training and working. When he was sixteen, he decided to leave on his first caravan, at the reccomendation of his uncle, who wanted him to see the world, instead of getting mixed up in bad business. A month after Jimi left, his uncle was killed by one of the crime families for not paying up a bet on time. The day he did leave, his father used all his savings to buy Jimi his rifle. It was a goodbye gift, and an apology for not spending more time with him. Its the only gun Jimi knows or cares to use. He often just uses it to scout, or to hunt, using his scouting abilities to steer the various caravans he joins out of harm's way. He eventually ended up in the Hub, through much caravan switching, and has been working in that area there ever since.

There, its all done. I would really like to join a game if anyone will have me.

Gunslinger had an idea that this thread is more for a reference for characters. As such, we should cut a lot of the discussion which is just adding to the thread and screwing up easy reference.

So I am deleting some of the posts to clean this up. Hope you don't mind.

OMG :shock:

Fucking great ideas guys!!!

Welsh informed me that i can use those names and ideas in Bourgeoisie. I will use a LOT of them :D

You guys rocks! :notworthy:
Cheers!

lol

have fun with em :)

keep us informed when your project is finished (& who you eventually used)

there are also other characterthreads floating around on the forum btw, you should check them.

however you should know that most characters dont have their full info in the character pages. my main char for instance seems like a standard kinda guy, but some big revelations will be made in the story later on ;)

Name: Mark T. Sunders BN: 61066743
Race: Human
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Dark brown
Heigth: 1,83 mts
Weight: 87 kilograms

Equipment carried: Standardt equipment:
Armor: Advanced Power Armor (1 personal unit issued)
Pip Boy 3.000 Computer: 1 unit
Flares: 3 unit
MRE ration: 3 unit (Enough for 1(one) days)

Weapons:
Gauss Rifle W/60 rounds of 2mm EC

Status: Missing In Action. Presumed dead on vertibird crash.

Current status: Gauss rifle is useless, got to do it whit an old AK-112. I don´t think the Enclave is looking for me, so i am alone.
The MRE ran out two days ago, i am still scavenging for food. Water is fine sice the fluid recycle system on the armor will do it for another two weeks at least.
End of transmition- Lieutenant Mark Sunders BN 61066743

Holodisk recorded transmition: After the incident whit the raiders i managed to found water and food. I buried my power armor and dog tags, and marked the place in my Pip-Boy. Mi current equipment is an AK-112 with about 80 rounds of 5mm AP and about another 80 of JHP. Got a backpack, ammo belts and an old M1C steel helmet, amazingly in very good condition.
End of transmition- Lieutenant Mark Sunders... (interference) ...ind me soon.

Welcome Intoxicate!

How is Burgoisie going? Near complexion or still gonna take a while?
Let us know.

Gonzalez: Welcome be. Did you make that character to an specific thread?

Name: Fithero
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown (Shoulder length)
Skin: Tanned (Arms are tattooed)

Str:6
Per:6
End:7
Cha:4
Int:5
Aig:8
Luc:4

Tagged Skills:
Melee
Throwing
Outdoorsman

Equipment:
Sharpend Spear
Healing Powder x2
Throwing Rock x 5

Background:
Fithero was once a warrior for the Weline Tribe, a tribal community that made its home in an old pre war rock quarry. When Fithero was sixteen his home was brought under the protection of the Brotherhood of Steel.

Fithero hated the idea of being forced to live under the Brotherhoods rule and he attempted to make his escape. When his tribes strongest were being gather up he ran. He was making his way for the river when he was shot in the back by one of the Brotherhood's warriors. There was an outcry form his tribe but none of the were able to come to his aid, and the Brotherhood didnt care enough to do so. He was left there laying in the dirt, blood pooling around him.

He awoke some time later during the night, his back felt as if it was on fire and the rest of his body didnt feel that great either. He staggered back to Weline to find that everything had been burnt to the ground. He gathered what he could from the smouldering ashes that were once his home and started walking. He didnt know where he was going, or what he would find when he got there, but he knew he had to free his tribe from the Brotherhood of Steel.

How is thta for a first post?

i dont think many will like it.

it's too much fallout:craptics for me

dont like the idea of the BoS recruiting that way and why would the BoS burn a harmless village if they had already rounded up the strongest? i always liked to believe the BoS had a strong code of honor and such.

but dont mind me, i'm just the resident cynic...

Who said that they *were* brotherhood? Some stupid tribal?

Anyway, i personally hat the brotherhood, sure they have a good goal in mind, but the way they are going for it is totally wrong.

Anyway, ill make another character soon.

Name: Winston Hightower
Hair: Brown
Skin: Normal complection

Str:4
Per:6
End:5
Cha:10
Int:9
Aig:6
Luc:7

Traits:
Gifted
Good Natured

Tagged Skills
Speech
Barter
Small Guns

Equipment:
Anything and everything you would expect to find in a pre-war cryogenics bunker.

Background:

Winston Hightower was born during the war that destroyed the world. His father was an american diplomat who after years of trying had failed to stop the wars with negotiations. Quite wealthy form his attempts, his father decided to set up his own vault of sorts.

Using various contacts he had made over the years, he poured all his resources into making a cryogenic tanks inside his bunker so that he and his family might sleep through the comming war and awaken to a new world.

On their way to the bunker his family was attacked by armed rioters who wanted access to the vault. Winston's parents were both killed as they tried to protect their two children. Winstons younger brother had been shot in the chest during the attack and fell. Winston grabbed his younger brother and ran into the bunker, and put him in the cryo tank, then jumped in another himself.

Winston awoke (what felt like) a few seconds later to the same sceen. He didnt know if the tanks had worked, but when he went outside he was sure, in place of the city that was once his home, was a barren desert.

Is that any better?

yet another parents killed by raiders character :roll: . The whole freezing thing is a bit far fetched too cause as far as Fallout only the military had that tech and they needed people to wake the frozen popsicles up.

argh! for fucks sake....what do you people want? Pretty much all these characters are twinked out to the max and clones of each other.

"Hi, im the silent wanderer who has no parents and no past, thats why i wanderer the wastes getting into all sorts of crazy adventures. I carry 3 differant types of energy weapons and have 50 super stims and i also know how to use these weapons aswell."

for the love of *god* people.......i love fallout and all, but cant we have some realistic characters here?

i mean, not everybody can be a lone gunman.

the character i play usually is a person who left his parents and familys homestead to do some trading in the Hub, his parents are alive and well and all he carrys is a rifle and a pistol, some explosives and his familys ancient combat armor...fail to see how thats twinked O.o

what did the vault dweller start out with? a knife, a single pistol with a extra clip, a few stims and a couple of flares.....not much.

Now lets look at what the chosen one started out with......a spear, not fucking much at all.

Now lets look at your characters starting equipment.

pistol
rifle
(i assume these both have ammo)
explosives
combat armor

can you see the differance in the starting out equipment here, i think the vault dweller and his decendant got the arse end of the deal here.

Now dont think in just going for you here Miles, im going after *most* (not all) of the characters posted here. They have this stupid amount of starting equipment.

"ok, you have just set out of the vault, and were attacked by some slavers. Killing them much sooner than i had hoped, you now search through their equipment. You find a sniper rifle, an uzi and a combat shot gun, also there are 3 suits of combat leather. what do you want to take?"

"Nothing, i have a turbo plasma rifle and combat armor"

You see, it just ruins the game if you have this super shit at the very start. Isnt half the fun of the game searching for better equipement to upgrade with?

Thats just what im thining here, feel free to rebutt.

We arent starting off as the vault dwellers mostly. Also In Fo the VD you play is like the tenth person to leave the vault. All who came before you got more equipment that is why you get the arse end of the deal as you put it.Fo2 well those tribals never made much sense to me so really no explination for it.

Yo Fithero, I hate to burst yer bubble dude, but most of the characters here are written with early middle game items like the Ak-112 or a hunting rifle or pistol and leather armor.

You may think it is too much for starting, but you have to remember that the characters are wanderers who have been alive in the wastes for quite a while and will be equipped properly.

Every once in a while someone makes a char with a gauss rifle or plasma weaponry and good armor, but that is for Kilrick's where that stuff is OK.

So just because we start out with a rifle and a pistol and some explosives( my character Zeke ) doesn't mean we are too well equipped.

Fair enough?

Yeah i can see where your comming from, but it still doesnt make any sense.

The thing im getting at is that we have all got characters that are starting out at the same level of experience, yet the level of equipment varies just way to much. I mean, thats why in other games you get an amount of money to spend on your characters equipment, so that if you want to splurge on that gauss pistol then you have to loose out in other areas, like maybe only taking leather armor.

You might be able to afford the combat armor, but then you would probably only have enough to spend on a crappy 10mm pistol and 1 extra clip. Combat armor is bloody powerfull stuff and *expensive*. It doesnt matter if your character has been wandering the wasteland for 15 years, he is still only a starting out character, and the equipment he has should reflect that.

Of course there are certain situations where this might not be true and some bum poor tribal pulls out an avenger minigun...but come on, how often does *that* happen?

Well It would't be likely but you have to take into thought how much odd chance would be left after the war. Likely any survivors would rummage through known military facilities for hi tech weaponry. Gun shops would be looted, and as such many weapons would be mid level such as assault rifles or hunting rifles, but occasionaly a town might own a heavy machinegun stolen from the mount of a hummer or the possibility of a chaingun taken from a broken down comanche or a derelict huey gunship.

I do highly doubt combat armor, but there would be cases where the corpses looted from a military installation could yield them or if the soldiers issued them brought their combat gear home in duffel bags and stached it in their closet, which becomes looted later by wanderers.

As for the notion that everyone is a lonegunman, silentwanderer with dead parents and no past...........Those kinda go together seeing as If your family was alive you would probably be a farmhand in some deadend brahma ranch. It is common for the adventurers to have dead family because people with living family don't tend to wander and become nomads.

With this in mind we can assume that if someone's family was killed that yes, they may be quiet and untrusting of other people. As for no history many of the wanderer do have pasts, just small ones as many only had a boring life until parents death when they usually went to a big city via caravan and got a job after which they bought equipment and only became a wanderer for a year or two until the story they are then placed in........which doesn't give to much time for wild wasteland pasts.

I know that was longwinded, but there is your explanation.

ok ok... i can understand people having *some* acces to heavy weapons, since there was a war and all going on. But still it was like decades ago, most of that sort of stuff is probably lost or in the hands of *powerfull* people, people who know how to use them arnt arnt going to give them up lightly.... ::cough brotherhood cough::.

I can understand you all wanting to have these kickarse characters whom are deep and mysterious. but 90% of the fun of those characters is building them up to that point. Instead of starting off with a turbo plasma rifle and advanced power armor mkII and seeking revenge on the people whom killed you family.

Why not start back when your family is still alive, and them been killed is the start of the story? Youd start with the same amount of experience and skill (since your starting a new character each time) except you have all this great potential for role playing.

Whats more exciting, saying "yeah, all this stuff has happened in his backgroud" or actually *doing* it?

Anyway, thats just what im thinking.

Fithero said:
ok ok... i can understand people having *some* acces to heavy weapons, since there was a war and all going on. But still it was like decades ago, most of that sort of stuff is probably lost or in the hands of *powerfull* people, people who know how to use them arnt arnt going to give them up lightly.... ::cough brotherhood cough::.

most old weapons would require extra parts since no gun can survive a long time without changing internal parts.

Fithero said:
I can understand you all wanting to have these kickarse characters whom are deep and mysterious. but 90% of the fun of those characters is building them up to that point. Instead of starting off with a turbo plasma rifle and advanced power armor mkII and seeking revenge on the people whom killed you family.

the only characters with extremely heavy ordnance are with Kilrick. i got a gauss rifle there, but we are being chased by robots and army APCs, so i guess thats just leveling the field...

Fithero said:
Why not start back when your family is still alive, and them been killed is the start of the story? Youd start with the same amount of experience and skill (since your starting a new character each time) except you have all this great potential for role playing.
Whats more exciting, saying "yeah, all this stuff has happened in his backgroud" or actually *doing* it?
Anyway, thats just what im thinking.

because that would turn the RP into your own story

an RP is a colaboration of characters, doing stuff together. an RP isnt telling the story of one single character...

characters start off at a certain level (depending on the RP) with a certain background, then explain their background when appropriate in the RP, creating a "deeper" character and evolving along the way...

Back