Classic Fallout games animated Gifs - STILL BEING UPDATED!!!!

Risewild

Antediluvian as Feck
Modder
Orderite
Since I was making animated Gifs from animations I ripped off Fallout 2, in The Order. PlanHex suggested I should share them around here for NMA'ers to join in with suggestions and appreciate the ones I already shared.
Yes, anyone can suggest animations from classic Fallout games that they would like to see as animated Gifs. When I have time I will try and make those.

Ones I already made:

Death Scenes:
BaldieGD01.gif

CutD-0.gif

Misc:
SMR-2.gif

Goris-3.gif

MtntBrn-2.gif

SMsniff-2.gif

Update (26/02/2019):

Interplay Logo:
kweiYm3.gif

Time Passing:
omip9hx.gif

Highwayman Travel:
XDDlhg6.gif

Tim Cain BOOM:
nESwEFS.gif

Montage:
Kilus suggested that I mix some animations and edit them to fit together (in particular the Super Mutant sniffing his finger and then melting).
SMsniffFall.gif

MtntSnffMlt.gif

MtntSnffXpld.gif

EDIT: New ones:

I made a few (almost 40) more gifs:

Marcus Head:
RvangI6.gif

Marcus Throw:
KhwaiF2.gif

Marcus Bad-ass Walk:
a4bmcYp.gif

Marcus Pick Up:

gePPC7S.gif

Marcus Use:
2gFgk3W.gif

Marcus Dodge:
RRAspU3.gif

Marcus Ready To Fight:
sVzpp0G.gif

Marcus Flamethrower:
BRWKC2d.gif

Marcus Burst Attack:
oOHcWwu.gif

Marcus Burst Gatling:

YvkmTGt.gif

Marcus Fight Over:
X69lL4r.gif

K9 Run:
4FCahT9.gif

Brahmin Tipping:
lhkx5K3.gif

Roasted Brahmin:
rnh50UE.gif

Horrigan No Problem:
Py4mMIs.gif

Horrigan Waiting:
hp73HZ3.gif

Horrigan Bad-Ass Walking:
0dmTpVX.gif

Horrigan Throw:
cSCC59A.gif

Horrigan Injured:
9S1hNiF.gif

Horrigan Punch:
kSsqQbT.gif

Frank Horrigan Kick:
Y6wR4Ie.gif

Horrigan Ready For A Brawl:

0Ro8NuY.gif

Frank Horrigan Magic Equip and Unequip:
vZatUB0.gif

OHFgxjs.gif

BvfOcni.gif

mnu0ct1.gif

Frank Horrigan Bad-Ass Walk With Weapons:
hoUBpZC.gif

E4aISP2.gif

Frank Horrigan Cleans Blade:
oVQZRwN.gif

Frank Horrigan Gun:
yHwVWXB.gif

Frank Horrigan Stab:
eTVHJi7.gif

Frank Horrigan Slash:
FUcqZ7M.gif

Frank Horrigan Pew Pew:
T2e1888.gif

Frank Horrigan Fast Pew Pew:
kSd2197.gif

Frank Horrigan Final Moments pt2:
OtCxLgB.gif

More Misc:
XZvdwwu.gif

3YCe5Up.gif

Another Batch:

Brainbot:
ZJlMyWR.gif

Rat:
JKeV5bJ.gif

Giant Scorpion:
Wz4vP6M.gif

TPT4zYp.gif

Floater:
71HrlZL.gif

NYxp1d7.gif

Deathclaw:
IGBd4cr.gif

Centaur:
udQHMen.gif

Dwarf:
JrEYd7X.gif

Zbo8V5l.gif

Ian:
bsxILKq.gif

mrvycni.gif

X905dXx.gif

Fyh05OA.gif

4xNMLu1.gif

Gizmo:
T0X5kC9.gif

Death Scenes:
Q2HSgEW.gif

FnLFpwW.gif

fWwIOku.gif

qxF9Y0X.gif

Burn:
iBL58vz.gif

Fallout Tactics:

6qZeKGH.gif

7nl0y0C.gif

a8NcI1E.gif

3YAhF08.gif

zvtK7a9.gif

GcdYIRS.gif

B0u2mmI.gif

sVVf4fo.gif

XMUZJ6M.gif

L9lzNjS.gif

gGTfcWA.gif

G3RmnaX.gif

JeX6bVF.gif

HqsqKE7.gif

rpVB66r.gif

G0c7BDp.gif

A4hZbTc.gif

ANSXxhN.gif

LCEpvnX.gif

EjIs43L.gif

xguyqLb.gif

Vnesame.gif

YU6MZ8W.gif

0I9Qldf.gif

WQoB59x.gif

oPiUu8F.gif

ROqnXOb.gif

ASPUCmt.gif

SFlB14D.gif

CaLmJIJ.gif

apXLaAP.gif

mPbbVZy.gif

zko3hLb.gif

ElrbtW8.gif

37thv2v.gif

uKm97xn.gif

EDIT: Once I have more gifs in here, I will edit this post and re-arrange them in to proper sections (put all death scenes, critters, companions, etc in their own sections)

Last edited:
Good job. I tried searching for some proper fallout death gifs and didn't found any on the entire internet.
I tried to rip them myself but the tools were too old and a chore to use.

What tools you used?

You really don't want to know. I use an old fashioned and a lot of work method to do this, all because I can't remember the name of easier tools to do the job.

Basically I use FrameAnimator to extract the frames as BMP files, then I use photoshop to get rid of the blue backgrounds, then I use photoshop to create an animated gif file and "save for web & devices". It takes a ridiculous amount of time and effort. But I am sure there is at least a program that can do it automatically, but I can't remember the damn name of it... I remember using it ages ago and it was so damn easy.

Gimme a couple of days, now that I am in the mood to make gifs again, I will definitely want to find that program again and so I will spend a lot of time searching the dark and dusty corners of the internet for it, because I don't want to spend another couple days to make this amount of gifs again, specially when I know there is a much easier way. If I find it, I will come by and share it (maybe I can even upload it to NMA files).

Please, if you can find this program you mention, it might be of so much help to create new characters animations for modding. As it is, working with frm animator and a paint program is easy, but there is so many bmp to work on each time, for one single animation at a time, that I gave up for now and focus on scripting and mapping.

What's Horrigan No Problem? Was there a speech option to scare him or something?
I really don't know. I found it while digging through the game fmr's. But I don't remember seeing a "dodge" animation for Horrigan, so it might be his "dodge" animation.
Also the names of the new gifs were made up by me. So don't let that confuse you.

Please, if you can find this program you mention, it might be of so much help to create new characters animations for modding. As it is, working with frm animator and a paint program is easy, but there is so many bmp to work on each time, for one single animation at a time, that I gave up for now and focus on scripting and mapping.
Good News! I found it!
It's called "Titanium FRM Browser". It was hard to find a working download for it, old NMA used to have it but the link is dead, so I uploaded it here.

It's really easy now, all you have to do is open any FRM file (right click on the empty window and choose open, for example), and right click anywhere on the window and pick "save as" and "GIF animation". Anyone can make animated gifs now super easily. It also makes a GIF animation of ALL positions/directions (up, down, left, right, and diagonals) at once.

I had to double post because if I edited my previous post, it wouldn't notify FDO. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Risewild You are doing work so don't worry about your double posts. I got you.

Animated talking heads would be cool. Harold and Marcus especially and some Brothers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Risewild. I am doing some quick tests and copying entire animations sequences that already exist is easy enough, like you said. Still unsure if it can save me the entire paint job on new characters models though? I will try some things later, but I can't picture myself working on 50-70 bmp each time for one animation at a time. There has to be a better way.

Unfortunately I also don't know an easier way to make new character models/critters/animations except the "one frame at a time". :(

Animated talking heads would be cool. Harold and Marcus especially and some Brothers.
If only Bethesda had used the talking heads as the basis for FO3's NPC art design. They could have made their whole gameworld in line with the original series' detailed close-ups... With all NPCs appearing like fully fleshed out versions —similar to the talking heads.

supermutants.jpg

We need the second Enclave soldier talking head with the MCA headphones.
:hatersgonnahate:

Back