Demo levels 1 and 2 in orginal campaign

This code is all that is needed in the .txt sound file you import. But if you want to keep already existing sounds for the map and you have another sound file; you'll have to mix the two codes together. First part of the code will then have to be a complete list of the sound zones...

This code is great thx
But now when i have new music songs in both my new maps, old default fight songs mixed with my new import mp3 themes [during the fight] o.O
Can somehow disable this "default fight music" which turns on during the fight?

Oh, I see... It didn't occured to me as I deactivated it completely in my mod. I am afraid it is not possible. If the combat music runs, means it is created automatically for all battles... Only way I can think of is to erease/replace the files, but that will jeopardize the entire game...

Ok next question
When i add "tiles" objects [Tables, floors, walls etc] in two-level map [normal area + underground ]
Game show me still my new ADD Outdors obiect when im in underground level wtf ... ?
What can I do to make new ADD "tiles" objects from the upper level disappear when my team is on the lower level.

Ok next question
When i add "tiles" objects [Tables, floors, walls etc] in two-level map [normal area + underground ]
Game show me still my new ADD Outdors obiect when im in underground level wtf ... ?
What can I do to make new ADD "tiles" objects from the upper level disappear when my team is on the lower level.

Oh yeah, that means you didn't recreated the occlusion Data. It is not an automatic process within the engine.

If you press Ctrl+O or Tools/New Occlusion Data, it will then be ok. You'll have to do this often, even to continue working sometimes.

But when you do, backup after Big changes. It is known to bug sometimes and corrupt the file. It happened to me twice before.

Yess. I suggest you check Preoria mission for some pointers on that. I think a turret must be of an ennemy team as well as having an activation with a checked "entity state" trigger. You can check it as activated in the entity properties, it must certainly work, but normally it is better with triggers as you can also hide a switch somewhere and make it correspond, so player has at least two way to solve the deadly treat.

Ha no worries! :P A thing I learned hard when playing with turrets is that you should never have the checkbox "Enable script events" checked. It makes the turret not work. I never really knew what this checkbox does anyways. Other problems can be : No ammo, not set as an ennemy team, not activated using "entity state" trigger.

Hello!
I'd like to add the two missions from the demo as missions available right after Brahminwood. How to do it?
I'm not familiar with FT: BoS modding.

Hi Carl91585,

What you need to do is :
1) have the demo ".mis" mission files in a location you know.
2) Get the Fallout Tactics original campaign ".txt" file. I am not sure it is there in the original game's folder, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the Internet.
3) You add to that ".txt" file two entries for both the demo files in the CORE section, and you make sure they are flagged as "visited", so they are accessible on the Worldmap right from the start. The path of those ".mis" files must be right, and a namecode must be given to them.
4) You open the file "generic_mission.txt" in core/locale/game and add two entries that correspond to the codename and names of the missions.
5) You open the campaign ".cam" file using FTTools.exe / Campaign editor and import the core locations using the campaign ".txt" file modified earlier. You use the top menu to do that.
6) You check in the "core" tab the code name of the missions you just added, click on them then click somewhere on the worldmap close to Brahminwood to locate the mission.
7) Save the ".cam" file and start a new campaign. It should work.

Back