Don't BOO!!! me... I can't help it...

ColJack

Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
Flame retardant suit...... check.
Fire extinguisher, CO2... check.

ok.. i'm ready to ask.....

when is it coming out in the UK??
I was told it was out last week, but I asked again today and they said middle of March now...

It's not that I absolutely HAVE to play it.. but I'd like to have the oportunity to play it and form my own opinion, not based on other peoples observations and any pre-conceptions or predjudices I have.. ( which includes severe loathing for Interplay for selling out one of the best games i've played... starting with Tactics.. ( Which I liked based on it's own merits.. but not entirely as a part of the Fallout family.. ))

Anybody know if Shadow Paladin V2.0 has actually gotten to play this game yet?

Ozrat said:
Anybody know if Shadow Paladin V2.0 has actually gotten to play this game yet?

No, the retard is still chewing on the box.

ColJack: You may have to check it out from a rental place or order it online if you want to risk your post delivery laughing at you. ;) I really haven't seen this game much in the US, and I've checked a number of major game stores.

It's going tobe interesting to see if he performs acts of mastubatory congress about himself in sheer delight over the goodness that is FO:POS.

ColJack said:
Flame retardant suit...... check.
Fire extinguisher, CO2... check.

ok.. i'm ready to ask.....

when is it coming out in the UK??
I was told it was out last week, but I asked again today and they said middle of March now...

It's not that I absolutely HAVE to play it.. but I'd like to have the oportunity to play it and form my own opinion, not based on other peoples observations and any pre-conceptions or predjudices I have.. ( which includes severe loathing for Interplay for selling out one of the best games i've played... starting with Tactics.. ( Which I liked based on it's own merits.. but not entirely as a part of the Fallout family.. ))

Fair enough, don't expect too much though. Just don't post that you liked it, then you'll get roasted.

I enjoyed some parts of it, but it wasn't at all original. Some of the weapons are cool though, too bad they didn't actually make it a good game. I'm somewhat open to an action based game, with post apoc world, it's just what happened to the rest of the Fallout license that really irks me.

You would probably be better off with DA2 if you like action RPGs, this one wasn't very good. Even if they were faithful to the license, it would have been a sub-par game.

Meh. SP's played it, I think. He just won't admit that it sucks because then everyone who says console games suck will use that game to justify all of their ideas.

Dove said:
Just don't post that you liked it, then you'll get roasted.
I disagree.

If somebody likes the game, they should post it here and the reason(s) why. Just don't expect those reasons to hold up under inspection! :twisted:

On a side note:

Last time I checked the Interplay boards a few weeks ago, SP still hadn't played the game yet. Apparently it hasn't come out in his area yet.

I just love how he'll defend the game to no limit, yet he'll bash us just because we'll complain about a game that we haven't played either. :roll:

Big_T_UK said:
Why didn't he check on the IPLY website?

cos acording to te IPLY site it's out.... but it's not in the UK....
all developers seem to think that it's acceptable to roll out a game 3 months later in the UK than in the US... just like the movies...
don't they realise that they would cut piracy by releasing it worldwide on the same day....
i know of several people who download games from america to play before they are released over here...

I played the game.
Sure, it has some cool weapons, and lotsa eye candy, but the game is missing.
Run, autoaim, shoot. Loot corpses, use stimpaks. repeat until run out of ammo or stimpaks. Buy more. repeat whole progress until enough money for new weapons/armor.

Ozrat said:
I just love how he'll defend the game to no limit, yet he'll bash us just because we'll complain about a game that we haven't played either. :roll:

In my case he would bash me, because I'm NMA, and obviously prone to hating it. Not because of anything about the game, just because I post here. We'll see if he changes his tune after playing it, or not. He may simply be a degenerative retard.

Same here in Belgium; it should be in the shops on 03-05-2004.

Funny, though: you can already find it on some Belgian sites that sell second hand goods/games. :lol:

Ozrat said:
Dove said:
Just don't post that you liked it, then you'll get roasted.
I disagree.

If somebody likes the game, they should post it here and the reason(s) why. Just don't expect those reasons to hold up under inspection! :twisted:

On a side note:

Last time I checked the Interplay boards a few weeks ago, SP still hadn't played the game yet. Apparently it hasn't come out in his area yet.

Very true. We don't flame people because they like the game. We flame people who

1. Defend the game and the company, without any clues to why they are doing it besides to drop flame bait.

2. Come here(of all places), and have the audacity to ask why we hate the game when there are reasons abound.

3. We flame clueless wonders that say POS isn't supposed to be Fallout like. THEN WHY THE FUCK DID IPLAY SLAP FALLOUTS NAME ON POS?

4. We also flame clueless morons that sometimes come here just to cause problems.

Ozrat said:

I actually managed to shut the boy up in a thread about turn based combat on the Obsidian forum where he basically said all the RAEL TIME WIFF PAUZE MAKE TEH $$$$$!!!!!11111!!!1111111 by posting a big list of the ones that didn't versus the ones that did. Go me.

Re: ...

Mad Larkin said:
I played the game.
Sure, it has some cool weapons, and lotsa eye candy, but the game is missing.

Really? You think so? I find that other games using the same engine (Dark Alliance 1&2, Champions of Norrath) look far better. Compare any one of those games side-by-side to FOBOS, and you'll begin to wonder just how Team Chuck managed to make the game so ugly with an engine capable of such great visuals.

FOBOS:

589788_20031008_screen003.jpg

Dark Alliance (game released three years ago using the same engine):

baldursgatedarkalliance_screen001.jpg

Saint_Proverbius said:
Ozrat said:

I actually managed to shut the boy up in a thread about turn based combat on the Obsidian forum where he basically said all the RAEL TIME WIFF PAUZE MAKE TEH $$$$$!!!!!11111!!!1111111 by posting a big list of the ones that didn't versus the ones that did. Go me.
You know, I haven't seen him on the Obsidian boards since that last verbal beating he took. Maybe he's off for good... (crosses fingers)

SP retreated from the IPlay FOpos forums too. Now he sulks around and randomly posts oneliners about how "fallout fanboys suck" :lol:

Poor thing. i think his bubble finally burst :lol:

EDIT: somehow i'm starting to question this "Dvergilio" characters mental state.
There are tens of posts like this:
"The biggest secret of all!"
"Super Stimpak hidden in 1st level"
"Tip O' THe Day: Dogmeat, man's best friend"

Back