Don't BOO!!! me... I can't help it...

Ozrat said:
On a side note:

Last time I checked the Interplay boards a few weeks ago, SP still hadn't played the game yet. Apparently it hasn't come out in his area yet.

I just love how he'll defend the game to no limit, yet he'll bash us just because we'll complain about a game that we haven't played either. :roll:

Ok, let me get this straight. He's defending a game he hasn't played? He's kicking up a fuss over something he has no knowledge of. Hands up who can see a problem here?

I can't understand why ShadowPaladin defends Interplay since it no longer develops the type of games that earned it the loyalty of PC gamers.

The only thing we agreed on was that console gamers prefer lame Action/RPGs that revolve around nothing but fighting through hordes of monsters than anything with more substance.

What I can't understand is why he's defending a game hasn't played. I thought he was an idiot defending a crap game. Now he's been downgraded to fucking moron. It scares me that their people out there.

Longinus said:
The only thing we agreed on was that console gamers prefer lame Action/RPGs that revolve around nothing but fighting through hordes of monsters than anything with more substance.

It's not so much that, it's the fact that game devlopers think that consoles are for kiddies and action junkies.

Chimp said:
What I can't understand is why he's defending a game hasn't played.

I think he supports the new direction Interplay is going in more than anything else. There's supposed to be a huge gap in the market for Dark Alliance clones that justifies Interplay developing a sub-par Action/RPG with the Fallout logo in the title. I can't say I agree.

Interplay didn't even ensure the release of a quality title, but rather developed a rushed, ill-conceived futuristic Dark Alliance clone that Interplay was hoping would mimic Dark Alliance's success merely because the gameplay is similar. Everything about the game is indefensible.

Chimp said:
Longinus said:

It's not so much that, it's the fact that game devlopers think that consoles are for kiddies and action junkies.

It seems Interplay wants to capture the hearts and minds of casual gamers who generally prefer playing games that they can pick up and play in a moment's notice for the simple reason they have all the money. Hardcore gamers have become a relatively unprofitable minority.

That's not to say there isn't a market for more complicated, drawn out RPGs like Fallout.

I think you're giving ShadowPaladin way, way, way too much credit, Longinus. What you're saying implies the boy is somewhat rational, capable of reason. I think he's more like a protozoan that can type. Stimulus in, response out. Nothing in between to govern the response at all.

Mageofthesands said:
Want to help me defend my stance?

He/she/it is a complete moron. Just treat everything it says with derision, or put it on your ignore list. It's immune to reasoning and facts, so don't bother arguing with it. Whenever you see one of it's posts, just picture a tape recorder set to an endless loop, continually repeating the same lines over and over again - arguing with SP would be like arguing with that tape machine.

Just put the attention-whore on "Ignore" and talk to the people that have something useful to say.

Good to see you come here and post Mage. Have fun with Fallout, visit the Order if you have time, maybe you'll like it here.

Oh yeah, screw shadowpaladin. Nothing good comes out of that kids posts.

(I'm new to the forums, but not to FO, so please forgive me for this)

About FOPOS, it's a decent game (decent is not a complement coming from me) and I did enjoy the Gauntlet style gameplay. (just in case you don't know: Gauntlet is an ancient hack'n'slash game, can't remember who originally published/developed it though). Unfortunately that's all I enjoyed, and even so, the gameplay has been done before then done again.

What I didn't enjoy was the butchery of the FO universe. Even the intro is assanine. I don't know if any of you have seen this or not, but man oh man is it stupid. The DIRECT reference to the fifties: "In the 1950's mankind envisioned a future [that's perfect] (sorry can't remember exactly), and we were almost there, until war broke out..."?
WTF is up with that? I don't think FO is 50's retro future because they TOLD us it is. It is because of the art and so forth.

I guess what I'm ranting about is that although it's an "ok" game, there's no way in hell that it should have been given the blessing of the Fallout name.

BTW, before I get flamed for being a "stupid console gamer," I'd just like to point out that I don't limit my gaming to ANY platform. I'm lucky enough to enjoy all the major consoles, PC gaming, and handheld. But I must say that what passes for an RPG on a console, is in NO WAY an RPG by any stretch of the imagination. (with the exception of some PC to console ports on the XBOX).

ok, so another "release date" comes and goes with no sign and no advance warning to the game store that it has been put back yet again...

i asked on monday and was told the 19'th.. went in today ( the 19'th ) and was told next friday...

are they really that stupid??
it's bad enough that it looks crap from the screen shots i've seen.. but how can they justify putting the release date back on a title that shipped over 3 months ago in america??

ok granted that they did that with a game like x2 on the pc, where the UK version shipped as v1.2.. already patched to fix major bugs, but surely a console game would be almost bug free before they let it loose...? cos there's no way to patch a console game...

and as i said in the original post,
it's not that i have to play it, i want to so i can form my own opinion.. ( although, after seeing the screenies, I'm definitely looking towards renting it rather than buying it...)

ColJack said:
ok granted that they did that with a game like x2 on the pc, where the UK version shipped as v1.2.. already patched to fix major bugs, but surely a console game would be almost bug free before they let it loose...? cos there's no way to patch a console game...

I wouldn't say that, as it looks Interplay is likely counting on another possible new "standard" for their console titles. With the advent of console hard drives and internet connections, publishers and developers will get into the same mindset that has been fucking up the PC industry for nearly the last ten years. They are likely to fall into the "release now with bugs, they can download a patch later - and we'll claim it's on gratis from us" mentality, figuring that those still playing despite the bugs will still keep playing and those who didn't like the bugs wouldn't bother patching past enough to finish the game.

Although, I would have to guess that the hopes for anyone downloading any patch for a game like F:POS would be "I hope this makes the game NOT suck!"

ok, so I finaly got it, and gods help me, i actually liked it for a bit..

now bear with me and don't start the fires just yet..

I thought it wasn't a bad game for what it was..
i was just starting to get into it when it ended.. rather abruptly..

so i've been to 2 "towns" and a vault.. and that was the end??

and what the hell did they do to Harold...?

if they removed all of the blatant references to fallout, and had just made it about twice as long, it would have gotten above half marks from me.. maybe 6 out of 10..
but as it is.. trying to be a fallout game, it scores 3 out of 10 from me..

Back