Fallout 4 1.3 update hits console and PC

Korin

So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
Admin
Bethesda has released their 1.3 update which includes fixes and enhancements for the console and PC versions of the game. They had done something similar with Skyrim where they continued to release general enhancements and a few minor features with their patches (likely in preparation for coming DLC content), like better gun debris:

Better settlement and build management were definitely sorely needed features. The below excerpt is taken from the Bethesda website's post about the release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fallout 4 1.3 Update

The 1.3 update for Fallout 4 is available as an automatic download for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 users.

The update has several new features – including PC-specific enhancements like our new ambient occlusion setting (HBAO+) – as well as new fixes for gameplay, quests, and Workshop Mode.

New Features

• New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+ (PC)
  • New weapon debris effects (PC NVIDIA cards)
  • Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
  • Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
  • Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode (PC)
  • Dramatically increases object fading distance (console)

Gameplay Fixes

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Improved performance when looking through a scope
  • Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
  • Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
  • Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
  • Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
  • Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
  • Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
  • Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
  • MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
  • Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
  • Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
  • Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
  • Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
  • Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
  • Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
  • Robotics expert is now usable in combat
  • Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
  • Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked

Quest Fixes

• Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
  • Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
  • Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
  • Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
  • Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
  • Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
  • Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
  • Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
  • Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
  • In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
  • Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
  • Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
  • After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
  • Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
  • During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
  • In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
  • During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
  • In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
  • Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly

Fallout4_Concept_Salesman_730x405.jpg

Workshop Fixes

• Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
  • Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
  • Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
  • Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
  • Building wires no longer uses up copper
  • Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
  • Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
  • Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
  • Diamond City house now shows provided power
  • Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
  • Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
  • Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading

While I applaud Nvidia's business model in getting unique effects in games to sell their cards, and I did use hairworks in TW3, that debris effect is the type of thing that will make a Bethesda game shit itself.

While I applaud Nvidia's business model in getting unique effects in games to sell their cards, and I did use hairworks in TW3, that debris effect is the type of thing that will make a Bethesda game shit itself.
It works quite well, actually. The performance with the new effects seems to be slightly worse, but I'm not sure about it.
On my PC (i5 3.4Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX970) the game runs between 40 and 60 fps on Ultra, and the dips aren't that common.
Still, the game has no proper dynamic shadows produced by the flashlight or the Pipboy.

I'll have to give this a try once I receive my GTX 980 Ti 6GB, I'm going to call bullshit if that can't run it without framerate drops. Granted I still have my I5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz and 16GB(2x8) Corsair Vengeance RAM so it might be my processor.

I predict most people will lose -10 frames just for shooty shooty debris. :P

I'll have to give this a try once I receive my GTX 980 Ti 6GB, I'm going to call bullshit if that can't run it without framerate drops. Granted I still have my I5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz and 16GB(2x8) Corsair Vengeance RAM so it might be my processor.

I predict most people will lose -10 frames just for shooty shooty debris. :P
That's didn't hurt the framerate at all, weirdly enough. But I didn't try it in a full fight, yet. Can't be arsed to play that game any more.

That's didn't hurt the framerate at all, weirdly enough. But I didn't try it in a full fight, yet. Can't be arsed to play that game any more.
I don't blame you there, got a finish it up myself then I might try out Rise of the Tomb a Raider since I got a Steam key with my video card. I don't know how some people can put hundreds of hours into it, I'm struggling to put even 80 hours into this garbage. It's too bad they couldn't patch in a feature like a good Fallout game.

It works quite well, actually. The performance with the new effects seems to be slightly worse, but I'm not sure about it.
On my PC (i5 3.4Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX970) the game runs between 40 and 60 fps on Ultra, and the dips aren't that common.
Still, the game has no proper dynamic shadows produced by the flashlight or the Pipboy.
I'm legitimately surprised tbh, I would have expected a slide show with any gun with a high rate of fire.

It's too bad they couldn't patch in a feature like a good Fallout game.

I laughed way harder than I should have at this.

I'm legitimately surprised tbh, I would have expected a slide show with any gun with a high rate of fire.
I tried a fast-firing Auto 10mm and it had no performance impact at all. Well, it's an NVidia feature, Bethesda couldn't fuck it up too much.

Because they knew people would expect a buggy game and still buy it.

Ca9lsmYVAAADTRo.jpg:large

Uhm... really? I mean, really?

And why did they remove cooper from the wires? It kind of makes sense and gave you something to think while dragging those cables, now you're almost allowed to wire the fuck out of your settlement, turn it into the next interwebs.

Ca9lsmYVAAADTRo.jpg:large

Uhm... really? I mean, really?

And why did they remove cooper from the wires? It kind of makes sense and gave you something to think while dragging those cables, now you're almost allowed to wire the fuck out of your settlement, turn it into the next interwebs.
Copper is rare, so it was too hard for the widdle players to make stuff.

The alternative is piling another 20 pounds of junk in your pockets until you get to a workbench because scraping it from your inventory was so hard to put in the game, 7 years of development.

You know this game has made me so sick of crafting, it is such a chore. You know those bloated amount of hours? Oh yeah that's from the shitty clunky crafting mechanic involving walking into abandoned places to look for junk to scrap for junk to make a better plasma gun.

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/697885930913406976

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/697886212640665600

They have finally spoken about DLC and shit that should have easily been implemented in the game from the start.
That's basically admitting that they shipped a beta-version.
Because they knew people would expect a buggy game and still buy it.

Isn't this a habit that's been plaguing the entire AAA game industry and not limited merely to Bethesda? Releasing game before it's functional because money?

Isn't this a habit that's been plaguing the entire AAA game industry and not limited merely to Bethesda? Releasing game before it's functional because money?
Yeah, but most at least try to not ship with missing features. Given that we already know that quite a lot of gameplay was left on the cutting room floor it is seriously mind-boggling how long Bethesda took for this game.
They had several years of development time and no pressure to announce the game's release date when they did, and yet they suddenly came out with the game (as per their usual modus operandi) despite knowing that it's far from ready. Why. They had no obligation to announce and release the game in 2015. They could have finished and polished it properly by releasing it just half a year later. Nobody would have known, and nobody would have cared.
I fear that they really think that they did a good job.

Back