Fallout 4 1.4 update now in beta on Steam

Korin

So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
Admin
Bethesda just released their beta to Steam with some additional details about what the update includes. It seems they've added a number of extra settlement customizations.

Opinion: My personal feeling is the settlements need more than just "stuff". I can't even get my settlers to use half the settlement they're in and half the fun of defense turrets is watching them mow down raiders... but with a defense so high you never get raided? Still holding out for some major settlement changes to make them worth investing in.

Fallout4_Patch1.4_730x411.jpg

Along with support for upcoming add-on content and additional gameplay fixes, the 1.4 update includes several new features that will let you add even more character to your settlements.

The Fallout 4 1.4 update will be available on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 once it’s out of beta. We’ll have more info soon.

New Features
Support for add-ons
Additional art customization added to Workshop:

• Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
  • Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
  • Abstract and portrait paintings
  • Variety of new signs
  • More metal and wood doors variants

Fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
  • During "Getting a Clue" quest, Kellogg's desk will remain a working container
  • During "Rocket's Red Glare", resolved issue where companions could not be dismissed after completing the quest
  • Fixed an issue with "Kremvh's Tooth" quest item not spawning properly
  • Settlements under attack will now display an updated message with the results of the attack if player does not respond
  • Fixed an issue with screen effects not clearing away properly after using a scope
  • Fixed an issue with trying to sprint while in third person with a minigun equipped
  • Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
  • The Scrounger perk now includes additional common ammo types
  • Fixed an issue where Calvin Whitaker would disappear in Vault 81
  • Fixed an issue where Ninja and Sandman perks combined would apply the incorrect damage bonus
  • Fixed an issue where Rank 3 of Grim Reaper's Sprint did not fill critical meter properly
  • Fixed an issue with key cards not spawning correctly in Vault 75
  • Fixed an issue where enemies would stop spawning during "Airship Down"
  • Being in first person while wearing power armor and quickly switching weapons will no longer cause the Pip-Boy to be stuck
  • Fixed an issue with the autosave counter getting incorrectly reset
  • Fixed issue that would cause the Pip-Boy menu to turn invisible while swimming
  • Fixed an issue where scrapping larger quantities of a single item would inadvertently scrap a legendary item
  • Fixed issue where exiting workbenches would cause third person to stop working properly
  • The Scribe can now be assigned consecutive settlements properly
  • Fixed issue with duplicating scraps shipments
  • Fixed issue with vendors not properly exchanging caps after several consecutive transactions in a row
  • Fixed issue with the quicksave and autosave message persisting through loading screens
  • Fixed an issue where updating to the latest patch would cause Options settings to reset back to default (Xbox One)
  • Fixed an issue with loading save with a placed object in water, not properly floating

How to access the 1.4 update beta

• Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
  • Select Settings
  • Select Betas
  • A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
  • Select OK
  • Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update
  • When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
  • Start playing with the Beta update and provide feedback on the official Bethesda forums

Last edited:
Yes, yes, add the hundred more things that add no gameplay value, that modders have already succeeded first, and that should've been there from release. Well done, Bethesda. You smart good.

Hang on, why does no one else ever cover these updates? Is Korin the only administrator on this forum? :confused:

I guess it's a good thing they started to be honest about "being in beta" at last.
/edit: "Support for add-ons"? Is that official mod-support? There's no option in the launcher, though...
/edit: Nevermind, it's in-game now. That's actually nifty. Will probably break, but still nifty.

Last edited:
Did they fix that TAB bug with the pipboy yet or is it still there?

Well they added the raider clutter but where is the option to start or join a raider faction to put a settlement with a raider look to use? Not that settlements were that useful to begin with.

Yeah it's not going to be jarring at all to have Piper living in a house surrounded by flesh-bags.
Cause I doubt the NPC's will comment on any of this morbid stuff.

Yeah it's not going to be jarring at all to have Piper living in a house surrounded by flesh-bags.
Cause I doubt the NPC's will comment on any of this morbid stuff.

Of course they won't. Look at this. Even Piper, Preston and Valentine, who were all practically authoritarian about being good people, did not give more of a fuck than a couple of off-hand comments. Bethesda's brand of "complex" writing and AI, ladies and gentlemen.

Oh boy, signs. Oh boy, crafting items that add zero gameplay. How about a new feature, a quest pack with actual choices involved, or new weapon/armor packs? And about time some of these bugged quests got fixed.

Hang on, why does no one else ever cover these updates? Is Korin the only administrator on this forum? :confused:

Well, the news team can post this kind of stuff but Korin is the unofficial Bethesda lover AND administrator AND he does a good job so there you go. He also seems to be active on here quite a bit since he is keeping this ship afloat.

Korin for prez 2016.

Oh and I just saw my favorite phrase being repeated by another puppet:

"Relax. I'm tired of fans acting entitled about mods and the Creation Kit."

:wtf:

I'm starting to think these kids don't know what that word means.

lmao, those Beth fans are saying that modding tools are a gift. If those tools should be considered anything they're closer to a pre-order bonus, as in people are buying the game because of the modding kit and mods.

lmao, those Beth fans are saying that modding tools are a gift. If those tools should be considered anything they're closer to a pre-order bonus, as in people are buying the game because of the modding kit and mods.

Quiet! You're giving Bethesda more ideas - oh what does it matter, they've probably already thought of it two years in advance.

Of course they won't. Look at this. Even Piper, Preston and Valentine, who were all practically authoritarian about being good people, did not give more of a fuck than a couple of off-hand comments. Bethesda's brand of "complex" writing and AI, ladies and gentlemen.

Because Bethesda fans would just hate it if they couldn't use their cannibalism perk because one of their companions might leave. That would mean there were actual consequences for your actions.

Yea companion likes/dislikes in Fallout 4 are insultingly stupid. They make no sense whatsoever and were given ZERO effort.

The likes/dislikes of companions is just a spit in the face of anyone who thought they were getting a Fallout game.

"Oh you want to interact with characters? Ok go pick those locks over there and then Piper will tell you she's in love with you and sleep with you." Yea that is not acceptable effort and there is no reasonable defense of such things.

"Oh you want to interact with characters? Ok go pick those locks over there and then Piper will tell you she's in love with you and sleep with you.
And that would be fine had they actually done a decent job of writing the Romance dialogue. The moment you romance a companion, be warned you are in for the cringiest dialogue in the entire game.

• Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
  • Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
I guess this so you can pretend to be evil while crying about your missing kid.

It's not evil... it's mal-adaptive coping.

Back