Fallout 4 does not make sense

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date

Here's one I just made, not overly funny other than it is the feral Preston Stalker.
Feral_Preston_Stalker.jpg

Agreed. I'm a fan of Kotaku personally. They have the most interesting content on a daily basis as opposed to IGN, Eurogamer, Polygon, Gamepot, etc. For breaking game news NeoGaf breaks it before the other sites so they fill the other requirements I have. I visit them all despite me hating most of them.

I am not a fan of Kotaku myself (too much Tumblr whinning there), but I am liking that they are constantly ripping Fo4 a new one.

Nonsense, Fallout 4 Is literally the best game I've ever played. It's even better than Farmville and Minecraft. And amazingly it improved upon Fallout 3, an impressive feat.

Did I mention how much I love this game? I'm just amazed they were able to improve upon Oblivion and The Sims 3. It's an astounding feat of design and development. It's even better than Fallout Shelter which BLEW. MY. MIND.

Did I mention how much I love this game? I'm just amazed they were able to improve upon Oblivion and The Sims 3. It's an astounding feat of design and development. It's even better than Fallout Shelter which BLEW. MY. MIND.
Well, Fallout Shelter was a phone game so it's kinda expected that it'd be better than it. I'm personally having fun with F4, but I do recognize the flaws (power armor uses fusion cores now? O.o) but at the same time I do like exploring the new area and doing quests which is primarily the reason I got the game in the first place.

This is so true:
yaCYA0I.jpg
This is actually kinda true. I've heard a rumor that a future Obsidian Fallout might take place in Louisiana. It'd be nice to see post apocalyptic New Orleans. So you can put the future obsidian Fallout as the real Fallout 4.

I'm not exactly sick of the concept of a post-apocalyptic setting, just sick of how generic it has turned into. I think it works especially well for RPG's as it allows a blend of high-tech with a very outlaw wild-west mix. In it cults can arise with strange concepts that could be interesting to explore. It could have intriguing faction politics going. It could allow the writers to explore what cultural and sociological shifts happened after the old world's laws burned with the rest of the world.

The post-apocalyptic setting is fine. The problem comes with how few games actually explore it. At least for me.

I'm not exactly sick of the concept of a post-apocalyptic setting, just sick of how generic it has turned into. I think it works especially well for RPG's as it allows a blend of high-tech with a very outlaw wild-west mix. In it cults can arise with strange concepts that could be interesting to explore. It could have intriguing faction politics going. It could allow the writers to explore what cultural and sociological shifts happened after the old world's laws burned with the rest of the world.

The post-apocalyptic setting is fine. The problem comes with how few games actually explore it. At least for me.

But why do that when you can have spiked armour and explosions? :smug:

Why can't we have what I said 'and' spiked armour and explosions? Oh and hire Anita Sarkeesian as a an advisor so we can get all progressive and shit.

Post-apocalypse, people tend to forget, is not limited to burned deserts with people in spiked leather armour and strapped underwear fighting each other for water wells with double-barrelled shotguns. It's anything taking place after a massive impact on civilisation. There's plenty more potential in it than Mad Max inspired tropes make it seem.

Pre-emptive - go away Walpknut I used tropes correctly

so we can get all progressive and shit.

Not a bad thing. Not in the hands of people like her, though. But, remember, Fallout 2 was pretty progressive.

But, yeah yeah, a dig at "them damn SJWs" again. Old news, pal. Saying this kind of stuff just gives them the attention that keeps them hated. It's really just pointless, all bad activism will die down eventually if people just stop giving them attention. Throwing more jabs at it just revives it again. Can we just leave it?

Last edited:
Post-apocalypse, people tend to forget, is not limited to burned deserts with people in spiked leather armour and strapped underwear fighting each other for water wells with double-barrelled shotguns. It's anything taking place after a massive impact on civilisation. There's plenty more potential in it than Mad Max inspired tropes make it seem.

All nuclear postapoc is still close to what Zelazny created in Damnation Alley. Sometimes I wonder how it's possible that after 47 years this small book is golden rule for everyone.

Back