Fallout 4 Roleplay? (OOC)

Evelyn Braun

The Sole Survivor
I'd like to start a Fallout 4 Roleplay with whoever is interested. The plot can be discussed; I have a few ideas.

why do you think Fallout 4 is garbage? XD

Because it is. It goes against pretty much everything Fallout is about. It removes a good storyline and interesting characters as well as dialogue in order to make a decent and linear shooter where the only goal is to purge the Commonwealth of Raiders, Gunners, Super Mutants, and Feral Ghouls whilst building shit tons of settlements.

But anyways, that's not what this thread is about. It's about roleplaying. Want me to fill out a character forum or what?

I think it was a good game, but anyways. I'm new here so I don't really know how things work; we could just say a bit about our characters if you want.

Well the base game has 0 roleplay in it as it is so I'm not entirely sure what exactly you plan to roleplay. Do you have a setting in mind? Characters? Quests? Towns? Is it set during FO4, after FO4, before FO4? These sort of things need to be mentioned in the first post so we have an idea of what exactly we're getting into. Knowing the setting, time, place, and so forth helps us formulate our characters for the RP. Otherwise we run around like chickens with our heads cut off and have no idea what to do.

Honestly when I saw the title I first thought it was going to be asking how to roleplay in FO4 given how little opportunity there is for it.

I think it was a good game, but anyways. I'm new here so I don't really know how things work; we could just say a bit about our characters if you want.

Ragemage has a point. The first thing you need for roleplaying is a plot, and by the title in assuming that you're just using the standard Fallout 4 plot with the whole Inistitue or what?

Ragemage has a point. The first thing you need for roleplaying is a plot, and by the title in assuming that you're just using the standard Fallout 4 plot with the whole Inistitue or what?

I understand that. But also I figure it's better for everyone if we come up with something togethet, that way the plot is something everyone can enjoy and follow.

And you don't have to roleplay strictly canon stuff. You can do anything in the Fallout world as long as it doesn't break Lore. In fact, I find games/movies/books/shows with a very strict plot to be boring to roleplay, since there is little room to make up your own plots.

What did you like most about it?

1. The characters.
2. The graphics
3. The options for responses, etc.
4. The plot-line (with the institute and choosing a side)
5. It wasn't outrageously difficult like 3 was (still haven't finished 3 because I can't get anywhere)
6. All the available traveling partners
7. The option to build settlements (which helps give you exp points which 3 didn't do so I was better prepared for the wasteland)

And more. These are in no particular order.

Being sincere, most of the things you listed, including points, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 are what almost all of us at NMA and other RPG discussion forums such as RPG Codex hate about F4.

We have our reasons for hating them, and you can see them for yourself by browsing the threads in the Fallout forums here at NMA.

I honestly didn't expect to see such negative responses. This website feels quite discouraging.
(Yes) I was biting my tongue when I first saw this post.
(Sarcastic(Yes)) You walked into a room full of LEGENDARY FERAL NMA MEMBERS ★★☠ with your eyes closed and fingers in your ears.
(No(Yes)) You ask such a bait question about "roleplay" in a 99.99% fps/tps 0.01% rpg.
(Tell me more(Yep)) What did you expect?
(No, I won't do it!(Sure!, When can I get started!)) How is it possible that you went through all the effort to create an account, as well as a thread without reading any posts? Your thought process and deduction skills are crippling to mine as I try to understand them. Maybe I should ask Piper

Last edited:
Don't think that (most of us here) hate you for liking Fallout 4. Just to get this elephant out of the room. But we had waaaay to many people creating accounts on this website, with only one purpose. Telling us what kind of idiots we are for NOT liking the stuff THEY like, as like this would be some kind of law or something.

1. The characters.
2. The graphics
3. The options for responses, etc.
4. The plot-line (with the institute and choosing a side)
5. It wasn't outrageously difficult like 3 was (still haven't finished 3 because I can't get anywhere)
6. All the available traveling partners
7. The option to build settlements (which helps give you exp points which 3 didn't do so I was better prepared for the wasteland)

And more. These are in no particular order.
What other Fallout games have you played so far?

I honestly didn't expect to see such negative responses. This website feels quite discouraging.
Uh ... well, for the most part, people just asked you questions here, not acting particulary in some unfriendly manner. For NMA standards, we gave you the most heart warm welcome I have ever seen - seriously!
Honestly though, if you think that was overly negative, ... how long have you been again on the internet you say?

Last edited:
Back