Fallout 76: E3 Trailer

Hassknecht

For hate's sake.
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
So, here it is. The E3 trailer for Fallout 76.

There's stuff in it, and it looks like the focus of the game will be on "rebuilding".
So far no super mutants, too.

/edit:
Here's the full gameplay reveal at E3:

TL;DR:
There are super mutants, it's online (but playable solo), and it will be released 14th of November 2018.

More important news from the conference. Fallout Shelter comes to PS4 and Switch!

Last edited:
Something interesting to note
1528663561396.png

Yeah the graphics look beautiful man. I really fucking hope bethesda over the past 10 years has learned from story and character development when writing Fallout 76. If the goal is rebuilding. Show it in the most Fallout light possible. Hell I'd hope that they'd have writers from Obsidian under their employ

So... How exactly is it that the vegetation is far more luscious and healthy like 20 years after the bombs drop but barely anything grows properly 200 years later? Wouldn't it be less vibrant right after the nuclear winter?

Other than that I can't really say much.
Looks pretty.
They want a cookie for that or something?

Just a bunch of ingame footage (not gameplay) of scenery.

What a boring fucking trailer that still doesn't tell anyone what the game is about apart from rebuilding.
So have they actually said what the game is about? Like is their press conference done?
Cause that trailer did a shit job of telling me what it is about.

[edit]

I will say that it makes sense for there to be crazy Thing-esque mutants right after the nuclear war and that they would not appear in later titles since they are just random mutation abominations after all which probably aren't going to be able to procreate and sustain their newfound species for a long period of time if even past that initial first generation.

kk.

Guess I'll check in tomorrow then for a TLDR of it.

I checked out the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer as well.
I still have no idea what that game really is.
It's cyberpunk all right. And uh.... People get shot. And there's augmentations. And flying cars. Then more people get shot. And some dude gets his eye ripped out because.... Reasons! I guess... God I hate these fucking shite trailers that don't really say anything substantial about what the games are about.

The Bethesda conference is probably just gonna be like 4's.

Here's my thoughts before I sleep over it:
- I was right in that the main focus on every sense is rebuilding, and it can be to a quite vast extent seeing that whole restored manor
- I was wrong in that it's a smaller project. The opposite, all the stakes are in development rise, with two studios and now not only "twice as big as Skyrim" but "four times bigger then fo4" (so eight times bigger than Skyrim! :rofl: ).

- There seems to be more exploration in the traditional Bethesda way, which is fully understandable seeing it's their main skill. It's complimented by a seemingly way more varied scenery (we haven't even seen a "main city' yet and it looks more standout than the commonwealth).

- that flying "gargoyle" creature was really weird because the Metro Exodus trailer ended with something REALLY similar to it at least on silhouette attacking the PC. The other new creature looks cool too, and it's a joy to not have seen raiders yet, and no signs of Supermutants or other factions. I can guess to catch glimpses of them, like Fo4 did with the Enclave, but other than that rather missing.

- I feel like because of how the trailer is framed with characters, pretty each shot having one with different looks while the vault dweller goes last, that's maybe where multiplayer, or multiple playable characters, are implied.

- The Vault Dweller seems to have a personality, but I'm gonna hold by breath for either no VA, or a light version of it. Again, considering more than a single playable character.

- It was nice for the T-51 to be a core element of the structure. It was the very first thing everyone saw, and it was nice to have that symbol rather than some pointless new design.

- Foliage and shadows! It all seems to be in a different iteration of the engine or a rather advanced version of CE. It's linked with an apparent bigger diversity of environments, which 4 took an unsteady step towards.

- Who the hell is the narrator, anyway?

- that's about it for me. I think there's gonna be the same treatment of 4 in the Bethesda conference, saved for last.

I would like to see more of the game first - hopefully their personal presentation will reveal more about what actually happens.

I imagine Todd is eager to break down the new mechanics like he did for Fallout 4.

Now that there are dragons in Fallout, I wonder when Bethesda will finally merge it with TES. Some magic in Fallout would be nice, right? That fits so well.

View attachment 10392

Mothman/Jersey Devil confirmed. There were a few crazy looking creatures in that trailer. It's nice to see them trying something new, I thought the designs actually looked pretty cool.

I really wish they would understand that the Fallout franchise is supposed to subvert uncritical patriotism and over-optimism, not glorify it.
Eh, even Fo3 managed to plink at the irony of it with their attempt at black humour. I can see that happening here just fine, but you do kind of have to consider that the people who lived that America are still alive and may hold those ideals in a different way than people will two centuries later.

Back